European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
16 people voted in favour of this super shit show. I'm not interested in trash talking any fellow fans, but I'm genuinely interested in what those 16 people think is good about this?
What’s good ?

the hot dogs man

the Pom Pom girls

the time outs

a game lasting 5 hours

the play offs

the drafts

the national anthem before KO

have you not been paying any attention ?

We seem to be getting a lot of piss taken out of us for being involved yet until this season we were a Champions League regular and were in the final 2 years ago. A lot of jealousy from other fans of clubs not involved is coming out.
I can’t blame them though , if this does go ahead I think it’s the death of football, killed by greed ! Levy must be licking his lips at the thought of charging £150 to see spurs play Real Madrid mid week at the lane

Yeah its weird. Been hoping for Mourinhos sacking for weeks, looking at the summer transfer thread, next manager, the final, hoping things would turn for us. All seems irrelevant now.
All seems very irrelevant.
:levylol:

:dierpochhug:
Okay. Score... in a 10-1 loss.
That’s the spirit!

I will be watching. It’s a cup final at the end of the day.

Im stuck with Spurs not matter what noises I make about stopping watching football. Like a mole on the ass of life...I’m just stuck :(
Today has made me so disillusioned with this club. Know a guy who has followed Liverpool for 25 years. Got up at 3am every week for ages to watch them. Sung in a seedy Melbourne bar at Istanbul 2005. Again as they won the CL against us.

He's stopped following them today and is looking for a championship club to follow.
I understand some are just too rusted on to quit spurs, but think this is the ONE thing that if someone stopped supporting the club is acceptable.

I certainly have become ENIC out this morning. The spineless grubs can all fuck off.

What’s good ?

the hot dogs man

the Pom Pom girls

the time outs

a game lasting 5 hours

the play offs

the drafts

the national anthem before KO

have you not been paying any attention ?

Let's not forget the adverts during every throw, free kick, and oh!

Sponsored VAR moments. Brought to you by BUDWEISER. And the next shitty show on Fox.

Let's just add American commentary and keep the stadium sound from this year to give the air or atmosphere.

All seems very irrelevant.

Okay. Score... in a 10-1 loss.

Today has made me so disillusioned with this club. Know a guy who has followed Liverpool for 25 years. Got up at 3am every week for ages to watch them. Sung in a seedy Melbourne bar at Istanbul 2005. Again as they won the CL against us.

He's stopped following them today and is looking for a championship club to follow.
I understand some are just too rusted on to quit spurs, but think this is the ONE thing that if someone stopped supporting the club is acceptable.

I certainly have become ENIC out this morning. The spineless grubs can all fuck off.
I'm sure I'll be looking for a lower tier team as well provided that they survive Covid.

Anyone any idea how much a game will cost either on the inevitable PPV or to attend??

I assume that the working class will just about be priced out of even watching games on TV let alone attend.

Anyone any idea how much a game will cost either on the inevitable PPV or to attend??

I assume that the working class will just about be priced out of even watching games on TV let alone attend.
I reckon cheapest seats would be about £100.
Edit PPV £10 per game

I hate this decision but I'm not gonna hold it against the club.

We've been mocked for years for trying to compete while being run well. We've been told to spend money or see our best players moving on to the big boys.

If we were approached and told 'We are doing it and you can either be at the front with us or left behind' then they had to say yes. It's foolish to think otherwise.

It's Liverpool and particularly Man Utd I have issue with. They've led the way apparently and all because they're scared that their glory days have gone. They're scared of competing in a system where other clubs might be able to become better than them. Pathetic.

Just out of interest, would the feeling be any different if there was 'promotion' and 'relegation' from the ESL?

Lots of hate and most being about it being a closed shop and killing competition so if it started with the announced teams, but was then run on competitive merit, does that change feelings?

I do not think I would as pissed off as I am now if there had been announce plans for a European league, akin to the PL, that clubs could qualify for and get relegated from, although I prefer the current European structure of national league and continental cups.

The most important factor is that every league and cup is open to somewhat fair competition and for clubs to qualify or not based on merits in terms of current sporty achievements.

COMPETITION FORMAT

• 20 participating clubs with 15 Founding Clubs and a qualifying mechanism for a further five teams to qualify annually based on achievements in the prior season.
  • Midweek fixtures with all participating clubs continuing to compete in their respective national leagues, preserving the traditional domestic match calendar which remains at the heart of the club game.
  • An August start with clubs participating in two groups of ten, playing home and away fixtures, with the top three in each group automatically qualifying for the quarter-finals. Teams finishing fourth and fifth will then compete in a two-legged play-off for the remaining quarter-final positions. A two-leg knockout format will be used to reach the final at the end of May, which will be staged as a single fixture at a neutral venue.

If you have to ask you probably can't afford it.

Nah just kidding, depending on how the viewing rights work then either they'll have either an exclusive streaming deal (ex Amazon), PPV, bundle packs or even the possibility of buying a game directly through the Tottenham and Spurs Tv will actually be Spurs TV. Could actually work out cheaper if you just want to watch a single team, but I personally watch other games all the time.

Back
Top Bottom