Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are not sadly

Won't be smashing anyone with Winks and Eriksen on the pitch. The ball won't get in the last 3rd enough and when it does, it'll take so long to get there the entire Everton team will be defending it.

Poch will not be sacked unless we are legitimately facing a relegation battle in January / February.

Only other thing I can see upsetting the Apple cart is if Kane et al hand in a transfer request. But that would be next Summer at earliest.

If Levy lets it go that far than he needs assassinating.

There's no way we're not winning this game. Could be the first in a string of good results, upcoming fixtures look very doable. We've seen signs of improvement and away at Liverpool (one of the toughest games of the season) could've been a different result with more luck and a different selection. Only up from here.
Fucking hell mate, have you watched us this season?

Clearly this man has been on the really good stuff and no he can't have seen us.
Ok, let me amend my original optimism. As long as Poch doesn't cock it up and send out Eriksen or play Sonny at right back or something, we have a very good chance of winning the next game and the few games after that. If Lamela is fit he will play instead of Eriksen. This is football so anything could happen, but this is the game I'm most optimistic about so far in the season.

Both sides will be looking forward to and fearing the game.

We have a squad with talent that should be in the top 5 playing with fickle confidence. Everton the same.

The one definite is that nerves will be in evidence.

I don't get the hatred of Winks.

Still, my choice:

Gazza

Foyth - Dier - Sanchez - Davies

Dele - Lamela - Ndombele

Moura - Kane - Son

Tbh it would be more sensible to start Sissoko in CM and Lamela as a forward, but really sensible is boring the shit out of me.

I don't get the hatred of Winks.

He offers absolutely nothing to the team.
He's not better at tackling than any one else in that position.
He doesn't score.
He doesn't create.
He doesn't even pass forward most of the time.

Him being on the pitch slows down our transition from front to back in a way that makes me froth at the mouth every home match.
He is nowhere near the level of Ndombele but has stolen his place on the pitch in the last 2 league games, league games where, while he's been on, we've barely had a sniff at goal. Both games, Ndombele came on and we were suddenly a huge threat.

Against Villa we were dogshit until Eriksen replaced him. Fucking Eriksen, a player who looks pissed off at playing actually made up play better.

Winks isn't good enough but keeps getting a lot of game time.

Ok, let me amend my original optimism. As long as Poch doesn't cock it up and send out Eriksen or play Sonny at right back or something, we have a very good chance of winning the next game and the few games after that. If Lamela is fit he will play instead of Eriksen. This is football so anything could happen, but this is the game I'm most optimistic about so far in the season.
Good that your optimistic but I see no evidence of a spurs team ready to start winning at home against EPL sides and certainly not away.

Good that your optimistic but I see no evidence of a spurs team ready to start winning at home against EPL sides and certainly not away.
Fair enough. To be perfectly honest it is some wishful thinking, but the signs I have seen are that the team were disciplined and maintained a good press overall in the Liverpool game, the CBs did much more defensively as well, winning balls and making good clearances. Upfront Lamela has been doing well, and so have Kane and Son. Ndombele and Sissoko have looked promising when played together, they are my favorite CM pair so far. FBs of course are still liabilities.

You do realise that without a few top saves from Gazzaniga, Liverpool would likely have had 5 by half time.

We were overrun, badly, from the 30th minute (and only really played ok in the first 10 minutes) to the 80th minute when Poch finally put Ndombele on. At which point we'd managed to throw away the lead we fluked after 47 seconds.

The scoreline was close, but that was the only thing that was.

You do realise that without a few top saves from Gazzaniga, Liverpool would likely have had 5 by half time.

We were overrun, badly, from the 30th minute (and only really played ok in the first 10 minutes) to the 80th minute when Poch finally put Ndombele on. At which point we'd managed to throw away the lead we fluked after 47 seconds.

The scoreline was close, but that was the only thing that was.
Yes, but I also think we would have been much more solid if Eriksen hadn't started, he was a defensive liability. Yup I agree also about Ndombele, he should have started. I guess what I meant is that we had the potential in our team to do even better in the Liverpool game, but the starting lineup did not really reflect that as well as Poch's subs. But I think we also did do a good job of closing up the gaps at times, and closing in the forwards so they couldn't get a shot in comfortably. At least a world of improvement over the defensive showings at Bayern and Brighton, enough to convince me that that would not be happening again.

He offers absolutely nothing to the team.
He's not better at tackling than any one else in that position.
He doesn't score.
He doesn't create.
He doesn't even pass forward most of the time.

Him being on the pitch slows down our transition from front to back in a way that makes me froth at the mouth every home match.
He is nowhere near the level of Ndombele but has stolen his place on the pitch in the last 2 league games, league games where, while he's been on, we've barely had a sniff at goal. Both games, Ndombele came on and we were suddenly a huge threat.

Against Villa we were dogshit until Eriksen replaced him. Fucking Eriksen, a player who looks pissed off at playing actually made up play better.

Winks isn't good enough but keeps getting a lot of game time.

Please, don't sit on the fence. Tell us what you really think.

Fair enough. To be perfectly honest it is some wishful thinking, but the signs I have seen are that the team were disciplined and maintained a good press overall in the Liverpool game, the CBs did much more defensively as well, winning balls and making good clearances. Upfront Lamela has been doing well, and so have Kane and Son. Ndombele and Sissoko have looked promising when played together, they are my favorite CM pair so far. FBs of course are still liabilities.
From what I saw I didn't think we pressed Well at all we was quite passive and briefly tried to hit on the break

Back
Top Bottom