Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If as you hint, it's a case of financial pragmatism over all then why wouldn't DL just hold his nerve and see how our season concludes?
Isn't that what appears to be happening? Maybe levy and co feel that they are complicit in not providing poch a decent squad to remain top four, regardless of all that because other than levy and poch none of us know what if anything is going on.

Silva is fighting for his managerial place and if the team are behind him then they will do everything within their power to try and win the game in order to prevent him leaving.
Poch may well continue to baffle us with his team selection. Danger is that if apathy and disinterest does prevail within the dressing room, then we may not see such a committed and positive attitude as we and he would like.
The last thing we need to do is underestimate the importance of this game in relation to our league position and the manager's status. A win is vital for both.
What happens if both managers have lost the dressing rooms and none of the players want to win :pochfacepalm:

What happens if both managers have lost the dressing rooms and none of the players want to win :pochfacepalm:
I really don't think that's the case with Everton. Their recent form would suggest the past few results have been somewhat unfortunate and I'm quite sure they will still be hurting from the 6-2 last season.

Everton fan here.

You have nothing to fear, Everton are really poor at the moment.

Alli needs a morale boosting performance and goal, and no better team to play.

Enjoy the game all.

Everton away this weekend will be my first away match, anyone know the pub(s) the spurs fans will be in before / after the game? Can anyone let me know ?
Cheers!

Frost's on Walton road is a decent boozer for away fans.

Alway's mixed for most games and generally friendly.

Good selection of real ales and ciders, but average pub grub.

Enjoy the game mate, but not too much.

👍

Makes no sense ... Why would CL progress govern anything?

Like it or not, I suspect no-one's getting sacked until such time that Top 4 is mathematically impossible and there's a solid argument that Poch has earned that much grace since he's been here.

governs the money, I think, but I do also understand an argument that it should not matter.
Lose Sunday and I think 4th is likely gone this season. Mathematics are already a bit against it.

For me Foyth, Lo Celso and Ndombele have to play, team needs badly freshened up..Lucas to play as well, Erikson n Alli were as much use as a trap door on a canoe at anfield! Time to try new/different combinations. This game has a turning point feel about it for me...🤨 🤞🏻

Everton fan here.

You have nothing to fear, Everton are really poor at the moment.

Alli needs a morale boosting performance and goal, and no better team to play.

Enjoy the game all.
Mate. I’d recommend putting a tenner on a home win and being optimistic. Your playing a team so bad that we made Brighton look like Barca and Watford look like Chelsea circa 2005 under Jose. Hell we are so utterly shit at the moment that we managed to make a recent Luton town loan player look like Wayne fucking Rooney on national TV !

mind you be warned, VAR does help us at times and Danny Rose is not playing so only one full back will be doing a coco the clown impression.

good luck.

Isn't that what appears to be happening? Maybe levy and co feel that they are complicit in not providing poch a decent squad to remain top four, regardless of all that because other than levy and poch none of us know what if anything is going on.

Besides the fact that we obviously DO have a "decent" squad; the highlighted part is indeed what I am suggesting.

governs the money, I think, but I do also understand an argument that it should not matter.
Lose Sunday and I think 4th is likely gone this season. Mathematics are already a bit against it.

Of course I understand that a long CL run pays well, but the remit for Poch has been to qualify for the following season's CL campaign.... I don't see why that would suddenly change now.

Of course our poor start makes top 4 difficult, but I can't imagine Leicester and Chavski both cruising, trouble-free to 3rd & 4th.... Assuming things will get bumpy for them at some point, we need to be in a position to take advantage when it does.

Who would have thought that by match week 11, we would be contemplating missing out on CL for next season.

Even with all the rumblings off field, and poor form, I thought our squad was a given for 3rd.

Hope the atmosphere in the stands is less toxic than on here where a handful of melts have consistently created a poisonous, negative environment and have been calling for Poch to be sacked as early as after the Newcastle game - embarrassing kneejerking.

Hope the atmosphere in the stands is less toxic than on here where a handful of melts have consistently created a poisonous, negative environment and have been calling for Poch to be sacked as early as after the Newcastle game - embarrassing kneejerking.

Can't comment on the atmosphere, as I am not there, however, I think it's fair to say a loss here and Poch's position becomes untenable.

That's the way I view it anyway.

I think he has done wonders and will forever be grateful for moments of joy, but a loss to Everton now would surely ring alarm bells for a change.

Back
Top Bottom