Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like they are not ready

‘’Everton and their fans are going to get absolutely abused by seasoned EFL clubs and their supporters next season.

They’ll be like the skinny, sensible accountant who accidentally wound up in prison because of a bad business decision.

Routine bummings

First the de-lousing and naked cavity inspection, then the boiling sugar water to the face followed by the constant undercurrent of violence and routine bummings in the showers.

The ‘Champo’ is not a place for a once-classy, respectable outfit like Everton. Everyone is going to want a piece.’’

As soon as they appointed Benitez it was obvious it was a bad move. It was a worse idea than us bringing in Nuno. It was never going to work. I think that demotivated the whole club. Lampard was always the wrong appointment from day one. What they needed was another old head from either at home or abroad and brought him in. I only reference Nuno because however awful he was with us, they'd have been better off getting him back in the summer but they seemed to have thought back then that they were too good for him. I bet if he went there they would still be bottom half but they wouldn't be near to going down at all.

As soon as they appointed Benitez it was obvious it was a bad move. It was a worse idea than us bringing in Nuno. It was never going to work. I think that demotivated the whole club. Lampard was always the wrong appointment from day one. What they needed was another old head from either at home or abroad and brought him in. I only reference Nuno because however awful he was with us, they'd have been better off getting him back in the summer but they seemed to have thought back then that they were too good for him. I bet if he went there they would still be bottom half but they wouldn't be near to going down at all.

Big Samio Allardycino

:sonlol:

One of the funny side-stories to all this is the way that professional bell-end, Jim White has been tongue deep in his mate Moshiri for a number of years now; with him living a bit of the spotlight and making regular appearances on TS, basking in his spending glow..... Slowly but surely (even pre-Ukraine); Moshiri shows up less and less and White doesn't even mention the guy anymore.

Fairweather wankery on both sides.

Their fans are absolute scumbags, was right next to them in the south stand maybe 2 years before the new place was built, they were taking the piss out of the disabled fans in front of them and chanting about Hitler all game

They’re the chelsea of the north

I know of a few Everton fans who were quite proud that they were one of the last clubs to have many black players in the 80s early 90s as they became more prevalent in the game.

Quite widely known as one of the most racist clubs for black players to play at for abuse etc as well. Gave John Barnes loads of abuse

Sounds like they are not ready

‘’Everton and their fans are going to get absolutely abused by seasoned EFL clubs and their supporters next season.

They’ll be like the skinny, sensible accountant who accidentally wound up in prison because of a bad business decision.

Routine bummings

First the de-lousing and naked cavity inspection, then the boiling sugar water to the face followed by the constant undercurrent of violence and routine bummings in the showers.

The ‘Champo’ is not a place for a once-classy, respectable outfit like Everton. Everyone is going to want a piece.’’
"Andy Dufresne swam through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side"

:dierno:

Spot on in everything he said there.

I didn't realise quite how fucked Everton are financially at the moment, and how even more fucked they will be if they go down.

Everton have about the worst wages to revenues %'s in PL, totally unprepared for the new FFP rules that kick in next season - probably fail even the 90% rule for combined wages, transfers and agent fees as a % of revenues for next season let alone shrinking into the 70% rule in 3 seasons time.

Their transfer dealings have been pants for years - even worse than our spending £100m on Ndombele and Lo Celso - so whoever is manager is going to struggle to offload the half squad that needs to go.

So, yup, their finances are screwed for a few years to come

Strangely Lampard might be a good appointment to getting Everton back on their feet (but not sure he will be pleased at managing in Championship) as he had experience at Derby (albeit helped with a lot of loanees) and he did blood a lot of Chelsea youth at Chelsea.

If Everton are relegated I think their salvation will come from getting a number of youngsters in their team to replace the overpaid/under performing players they will need to offload to save costs in Championship. And getting players not quite good enough to make it at Chelsea would be a good start. Might take a year or two to get the youngsters to perform given he probably needs to bring in 6 - 10 over a year or two, but cannot see a better way forward for them.

When you look at the players available today against United that team shouldn't be anywhere near relegation even with the injuries they have had.

100%.

Their defence is poor and Pickford, either too exposed or not as good as people think but that squad of players has no right being in danger of going down..

As for Alli, he must feel like sh!t

Bizarrely a game Everton might cause a surprise in.

Last edited:
What Frank really needs, is canned laughter during his post-match interviews.

I feel that it is something that has been criminally neglected. It would definitely help Everton's cause.

I wonder what Leonard. Leonard. makes of all this?

He was a decent poster.

He was. Everton are like a warning of what happens when you buy crap after crap after crap. Our transfers have been very mixed but we do get some good players.

They are a huge club with poor direction, just imagine being an Everton fan right now with relegation on while Liverpool are on for the quadruple. Just imagine Spurs on for relegation and Woolwich on for the quadruple, be enough to turn you to big drink.

Back
Top Bottom