Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The guy is in his 20s and probably reads all the shit people say about him online so it's no surprise he's lacking confidence. Put yourself in his position for a minute. I'm a builder and if all I heard was people berate me yet I still had to perform under high pressure then I'd be a bit wobbly on the trowel
This is a fair comment. Sometimes we forget that we are talking about a young and impressionable person. I suppose we have a responsibility to be kind and not cunty.

Passing to one of the quickest players in the team early to put them through on goal or pass to them late so they're offside and Everton retain possession?

Yeah, great decision.

Just admit that Eriksen and Kane fucked up, ffs. The white knighting is embarrassing. Especially considering if Sissoko was the one passing late in both situations, he'd probably have been slaughtered.
I am not saying what they did was necessarily the right decision. But when they're on the ball and they look up and see a player in space, Eriksen would have thought the option is on. But then the split thought of seeing it is Sissoko would have played on his mind I am sure which is completely understandable, he may be quick but he isn't one of our best is he.

Also the phrase 'white knighting' makes me want to gouge out one of my eyeballs.

You sound like you've never kicked a ball in your life, surely if you have you would have been in a team with someone who is just not as good as the rest of the team and you know passing to them is a risk and could make you look bad. Sure the professional game is an entirely different thing but there are still things like this that run parallel to anyone that has played football above Sunday league standard.

The higher you go in football the more you have to trust a team mate. Kids are coached at an early age (well those coached by decent coaches are) to take the right option which is invariably the easiest option regardless of who the team mate is and how good or not they are perceived to be. Good teams play as a team not individuals!

The higher you go in football the more you have to trust a team mate. Kids are coached at an early age (well those coached by decent coaches are) to take the right option which is invariably the easiest option regardless of who the team mate is and how good or not they are perceived to be. Good teams play as a team not individuals!
Very true. I remember when I played with the best players at my school, being surprised that they would pass to me, (I was fairly shit compared to them) but it was because a lot of them played for proper sides (including Spurs youth) and they had probably had that training. The next rung down would never pass to me!

The guy is in his 20s and probably reads all the shit people say about him online so it's no surprise he's lacking confidence. Put yourself in his position for a minute. I'm a builder and if all I heard was people berate me yet I still had to perform under high pressure then I'd be a bit wobbly on the trowel
When he went off injured most of us applauded him and sang "oh Moussa Sissoko", and he gave us a clap in response.

We've been lucky so far? We've played 4 games and conceded 2 last minute goals. Far from having luck on our side

Neither of those goals were the result of crap play out of the back. That's what I meant by lucky....as in we have been lucky not to have been scored upon from the mistakes we have made trying to play it out of the back. I hope that's clear now.

Last edited:
We have already

No we haven't?
giphy.gif

My comment was about conceding from errors from playing out of the back. Neither Alonso or Wood scored from intercepting play out of the back from a bad pass. I'm talking about shit like when we square pass at the top of our box and are all of sudden getting shot upon. That has happened multiple times. Eventually it will lead to a goal. I hope I am clear now.

Very true. I remember when I played with the best players at my school, being surprised that they would pass to me, (I was fairly shit compared to them) but it was because a lot of them played for proper sides (including Spurs youth) and they had probably had that training. The next rung down would never pass to me!
Yep. Completely agree. I played for my school first team for 3 years. The first year we had this shit hot Frenchman playing as a number 10 and we were encouraged to pass to him. End result we were predictable and he got complacent. Next year we got a new coach who dropped the luxury Frenchman. We started playing as a team and nearly won a cup with virtually the same team.

Back
Top Bottom