Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aye, but I didn't want to go too far back into the past.

The bench back in 2010 was also a lot lot weaker than what we had today.

This was our team that lost 2-1 to Bolton in 2004. Shudder...

TOTTENHAM Robinson; Pamarot, Naybet, King, Gardner; Davies (Ziegler 80), Mendes, Redknapp (Davis 78), Jackson (Defoe 70); Kanouté, Keane. Subs not used: Keller, Brown.

The way to beat us is to keep your full backs wide and keep spraying balls left to right and back again to wear out the press. With so many Spurs players close to the ball we are vulnerable to a long ball in behind or a flick on to a pacy winger / striker.

You are a wanted person, giving away our secrets?
200.gif

[
200.gif

When I saw the lads shift and move here.....

45KVO7b.jpg

I thought, "we are going to roll this."

Look at the shape and pressure we are putting on them. He's got no options but to air it out forward under duress, and then we pick it up and recycle it back in. Fantastic.

A great game to watch.

But I will predict the following:

We will ship at least one goal, possibly two this season from fuck ups in the back. It is going to happen.

We have been lucky so far but that will not last all season. I just hope when it comes that it doesn't cost us points. There is a time to pass out of the back and there is a time to just hoof it, and it feels like the team has been told to try and play it out at your feet despite the risk. Perhaps this gives some advantage by bringing the opposition out of position, but jesus it gives me heart burn at times.

In any case, onward and upward.

COYS

We've been lucky so far? We've played 4 games and conceded 2 last minute goals. Far from having luck on our side

To think in 2014, I hoped Frank De Boer was in charge and we'd sign Morgan Schneiderlin. His career has gone to pot since leaving Southampton. How did Siggy perform yesterday? Seemed pretty anonymous on the MOTD highlights, looked like Eriksen schooled him in that creative midfield role. :gylfi::eriksenlol:
He played Rooney in Siggurdsson role, Klassen is also better at the centre role.
Yet he plays all 3?
Siggurdsson was always better as a No 10, you won't get the best out of him wide.
Also both Klassen and Gylife will drift in central as is natural and they will be to narrow.
To accommodate Rooney, maybe that will fuck them this year.

Spurs fans

:avbfacepalm:

I voted for Davies .
Like I've said if Sissoko was in there I'd have voted for him. He deserves some affirmation.
If only Dembele had the willingness to get forward like Sissoko from midfield he's far more likely to put chances away.
I love Dembele but have always thought we are seeing 70% of his ability.
7 goals in 146 apps, 5yrs
That's a goal every 21 apps.
Eric Dier has scored 7 goals in 104 apps 3 yrs a goal every 15 apps

When I saw the lads shift and move here.....

45KVO7b.jpg

I thought, "we are going to roll this."

Look at the shape and pressure we are putting on them. He's got no options but to air it out forward under duress, and then we pick it up and recycle it back in. Fantastic.

A great game to watch.

But I will predict the following:

We will ship at least one goal, possibly two this season from fuck ups in the back. It is going to happen.

We have been lucky so far but that will not last all season. I just hope when it comes that it doesn't cost us points. There is a time to pass out of the back and there is a time to just hoof it, and it feels like the team has been told to try and play it out at your feet despite the risk. Perhaps this gives some advantage by bringing the opposition out of position, but jesus it gives me heart burn at times.

In any case, onward and upward.

COYS
Trouble is he found Rooney with that ball, who laid it off and it ended up with Martina who did Davies and found Ramirez at the near post

Edit: I think

Last edited:
Is it just me who doesn't think Sissoko had that good a game?

One of our weaker players I thought - strayed offside too much, lots of misplaced passes. Got into good spaces but never made much use of them. Missed a couple of good chances.

Not shit mind (no one was), just no more than a meh 5/10.

One of our weaker players I thought - strayed offside too much, lots of misplaced passes. Got into good spaces but never made much use of them. Missed a couple of good chances.

He's just starting for a very low base in terms of fan expectation.

It was the right type of game to play him in though - one where the opposition tried to attack and allowed us to play on the break at bit.

Watched the Sky rerun last night.
Kane and Eriksen were immense.
I hope Sanchez was brought in to release Dier into midfield (I assume this was the case. Shocked that he came in straight away).
He was back to the Dier from 2 years ago. Absolutely bossed it.
Thought Sanchez looked a bit suspect with a couple of headers early on but whole team took about 10 mins to sort their shit out. He was solid on the ball and looked as though he belongs. Cracking debut.
Sissoko had a great game. Striding forward with a bit of purpose. Liking it.
Davies had acres of space all game and was loving it. One of his best games i've seen him have.
Trippier didn't have much to do since we kept playing the ball to Davies and Everton didn't bother to attack.
Solid though and still got in some good crosses.
Toby/Jan goes without saying.

Alli though seemed a bit off the pace of the others. Looked a bit lost at times. Thought that during the Burnley game as well. Still played well just not to his own standards.

Everton did make it a bit easier for us though and we should have had at least 5 more goals but we rolled over them.

Same again Wednesday will do nicely :)

I don't really remember any misplaced passes.
The offsides were annoying though. Stopped play dead and a couple he was looking along the line.
But at least he was actually getting into the spaces and getting chances.
First time hes got forward and properly got involved in the game.

Kane/Eriksen were on a different planet at times :) Compared to them he wasn't all that but either was Alli yesterday :)

Back
Top Bottom