Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought a couple of the offsides were at least as much due to the pass being delayed. Sissoko had gotten into good positions but the slightly ponderous nature of our build up play (not necessarily a criticism) meant the pass was half a second too late for the run that was made. On two occasions that I recall if the pass had been played fractionally earlier then he would have found himself in very strong attacking positions.

I thought a couple of the offsides were at least as much due to the pass being delayed. Sissoko had gotten into good positions but the slightly ponderous nature of our build up play (not necessarily a criticism) meant the pass was half a second too late for the run that was made. On two occasions that I recall if the pass had been played fractionally earlier then he would have found himself in very strong attacking positions.

Agreed.

Both in the first half. Kane took an age to pass to Sissoko who was free in the box and then Eriksen delayed his pass by a second when Sissoko was free on the right wing. Strange.

Agreed.

Both in the first half. Kane took an age to pass to Sissoko who was free in the box and then Eriksen delayed his pass by a second when Sissoko was free on the right wing. Strange.
I don't think it's that strange that they were hesitant to pass to someone who has played every other minute with us like a competition winner.

Unprofessional then.
Again, I'd say harsh. If I were Eriksen and saw Sissoko clean through, I'd give it a beat whilst thinking "where the hell is Harry instead?!"
It's pretty natural to think twice before passing the ball to a previously very badly out of form player.

Again, I'd say harsh. If I were Eriksen and saw Sissoko clean through, I'd give it a beat whilst thinking "where the hell is Harry instead?!"
It's pretty natural to think twice before passing the ball to a previously very badly out of form player.
I agree to a point.
Sometimes the player can encourage the right pass by getting his timing right. The passer may hesitate because they are unsure of the players movement, unable to read his intentions. The passer and the receiver(as its a team game) both should take responsibility for he move. Glen Hoddle was a player that could get it right and take control and make it happen. All this will come, as you say with game time and familiarity .
Unfortunately when he did get it right, he missed timed a header which would have been nice to see that fly into the top corner. Thats a turning point he needs.

Unprofessional then.
You sound like you've never kicked a ball in your life, surely if you have you would have been in a team with someone who is just not as good as the rest of the team and you know passing to them is a risk and could make you look bad. Sure the professional game is an entirely different thing but there are still things like this that run parallel to anyone that has played football above Sunday league standard.

You sound like you've never kicked a ball in your life, surely if you have you would have been in a team with someone who is just not as good as the rest of the team and you know passing to them is a risk and could make you look bad. Sure the professional game is an entirely different thing but there are still things like this that run parallel to anyone that has played football above Sunday league standard.

Passing to one of the quickest players in the team early to put them through on goal or pass to them late so they're offside and Everton retain possession?

Yeah, great decision.

Just admit that Eriksen and Kane fucked up, ffs. The white knighting is embarrassing. Especially considering if Sissoko was the one passing late in both situations, he'd probably have been slaughtered.

The guy is in his 20s and probably reads all the shit people say about him online so it's no surprise he's lacking confidence. Put yourself in his position for a minute. I'm a builder and if all I heard was people berate me yet I still had to perform under high pressure then I'd be a bit wobbly on the trowel

The fuck are you talking about? A player should pass to the teammate in the best position at that time. I doubt the player is thinking " oh he's not very good so maybe i should hold the ball longer and wait until a better player is in a better position to release the ball".

The fuck are you talking about? A player should pass to the teammate in the best position at that time. I doubt the player is thinking " oh he's not very good so maybe i should hold the ball longer and wait until a better player is in a better position to release the ball".
Very common way of thinking ... if you are 12 years old.

What's great is finally having a team of individually excellent players. It's a bit much to expect every player to always be in contention for MOTM, we need individuals to step up and make a difference and take their turn, today is was CE, and Kane for me. Ali will have his day, so will Today, Vert and Sanchez. What I found interesting was watching it not being concerned Dembele wasn't on the field, the same can't be true of last season. Also I thought Sissoko put in his best performance, he made run after run, making room, laid off some decent passes, bashed through an Everton wall. I still think he lacks finesse but we can't ask for any more than an improvement in each game. I hope Poch and the team gave him a fucking big pat on the back as he came in for a bit of flack (i've been one) but it's times like these the team need to show the love. The fact he went off with cramp showed he gave everything.

All in all a very positive game that really should have been 6-0.

Oh and for a young player to come into the Lion's den, put in a decent performance for 90mins with very little time with the team is incredible. I was watching expecting that Spursy fuck up, the short back pass or something but no. Can't ask for more on his debut (except a goal against the spammers)

:dierno:

Back
Top Bottom