Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To think in 2014, I hoped Frank De Boer was in charge and we'd sign Morgan Schneiderlin. His career has gone to pot since leaving Southampton. How did Siggy perform yesterday? Seemed pretty anonymous on the MOTD highlights, looked like Eriksen schooled him in that creative midfield role. :gylfi::eriksenlol:
He played Rooney in Siggurdsson role, Klassen is also better at the centre role.
Yet he plays all 3?
Siggurdsson was always better as a No 10, you won't get the best out of him wide.
Also both Klassen and Gylife will drift in central as is natural and they will be to narrow.
To accommodate Rooney, maybe that will fuck them this year.

Spurs fans

:avbfacepalm:

I voted for Davies .
Like I've said if Sissoko was in there I'd have voted for him. He deserves some affirmation.
If only Dembele had the willingness to get forward like Sissoko from midfield he's far more likely to put chances away.
I love Dembele but have always thought we are seeing 70% of his ability.
7 goals in 146 apps, 5yrs
That's a goal every 21 apps.
Eric Dier has scored 7 goals in 104 apps 3 yrs a goal every 15 apps

When I saw the lads shift and move here.....

45KVO7b.jpg

I thought, "we are going to roll this."

Look at the shape and pressure we are putting on them. He's got no options but to air it out forward under duress, and then we pick it up and recycle it back in. Fantastic.

A great game to watch.

But I will predict the following:

We will ship at least one goal, possibly two this season from fuck ups in the back. It is going to happen.

We have been lucky so far but that will not last all season. I just hope when it comes that it doesn't cost us points. There is a time to pass out of the back and there is a time to just hoof it, and it feels like the team has been told to try and play it out at your feet despite the risk. Perhaps this gives some advantage by bringing the opposition out of position, but jesus it gives me heart burn at times.

In any case, onward and upward.

COYS
Trouble is he found Rooney with that ball, who laid it off and it ended up with Martina who did Davies and found Ramirez at the near post

Edit: I think

Last edited:
Is it just me who doesn't think Sissoko had that good a game?

One of our weaker players I thought - strayed offside too much, lots of misplaced passes. Got into good spaces but never made much use of them. Missed a couple of good chances.

Not shit mind (no one was), just no more than a meh 5/10.

I don't really remember any misplaced passes.
The offsides were annoying though. Stopped play dead and a couple he was looking along the line.
But at least he was actually getting into the spaces and getting chances.
First time hes got forward and properly got involved in the game.

Kane/Eriksen were on a different planet at times :) Compared to them he wasn't all that but either was Alli yesterday :)

The guy is in his 20s and probably reads all the shit people say about him online so it's no surprise he's lacking confidence. Put yourself in his position for a minute. I'm a builder and if all I heard was people berate me yet I still had to perform under high pressure then I'd be a bit wobbly on the trowel

Passing to one of the quickest players in the team early to put them through on goal or pass to them late so they're offside and Everton retain possession?

Yeah, great decision.

Just admit that Eriksen and Kane fucked up, ffs. The white knighting is embarrassing. Especially considering if Sissoko was the one passing late in both situations, he'd probably have been slaughtered.
I am not saying what they did was necessarily the right decision. But when they're on the ball and they look up and see a player in space, Eriksen would have thought the option is on. But then the split thought of seeing it is Sissoko would have played on his mind I am sure which is completely understandable, he may be quick but he isn't one of our best is he.

Also the phrase 'white knighting' makes me want to gouge out one of my eyeballs.

We've been lucky so far? We've played 4 games and conceded 2 last minute goals. Far from having luck on our side

Neither of those goals were the result of crap play out of the back. That's what I meant by lucky....as in we have been lucky not to have been scored upon from the mistakes we have made trying to play it out of the back. I hope that's clear now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom