FA Cup - Everton Vs Tottenham, Wed 10th Feb 8:15pm (BT Sport).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who goes through?

• Total voters
Honestly if you told me this is how Jose was going to play moving forward, I wouldn’t be totally gutted at this game. We still have a cup final, still in European football and if we play on the front foot like today I really believe we’d have a good shot at top 4.

I’m only depressed because I believe he’ll get gun shy now and go back to what was both bad and recently losing football.

Fuck knows, but this guys is supposed to be the defensive mastermind coach. Right now, he needs 1 right back and at least 2 new centre halves so i'd guess that's minimum 100M worth of players.

If he can't improve what we have then it's either we give him that money or we're basically fucked because he can't do anything with these guys.
Nail on the head there, theres only so much you can do with broken tools though. Does Mr Levy want to shell out the necessary £120M+ to fix it? I doubt it.

He knows they arent good enough which is why weve been subjected to this horrific brand of football

Shipped too many goals far too easily, and missed loads of chances at 1-0. A chance to progress wasted. Only silver lining is a small respite in fixtures now.

That said, it was so nice to feel confident that we'd come back when losing (until Winks and Sissoko rocked up) . Let's hope we can keep up that aggression.

Can't really judge him on this game. When's the late time he's really played?
That's my point, mate. I'm not judging him. I'm leaving open options as to why he could've been disappointing tonight. And pondering what it could be.

As bad as Winks’ mistake was we still had plenty of time to switch on and defend. Collectively we just made too many mistakes. Every goal started with a mistake and was compounded by further ones.

Yep, for both goals four and five.

#4 you have everyone playing offside apart from Toby, who I'd blame for that one because he's played Richarlison onside and stuffed Sanchez in the process.

#5 they don't immediately go on goal from the Winks error. But then you have Sanchez and Toby (maybe wrongly) stepping up trying to hold a line whilst both Doherty and Davies are a yard or two behind keeping the guy onside.

And that just sums it up. Individual errors have cost us big time no doubt, but just in general whoever we select at the back there is a lack of cohesion, trust, and intuition as to what they're supposed to be doing and we just don't function as a unit.

That's on the players, and also on the manager. And that's not to get into the "attacking vs. defending" debate re. his tactics, however you play there has to be a basic functionality which we just don't have and it desperately needs sorting.

Great game to watch we created enough chances to score 10 and only scored 4 - Everton scored a couple of worldies from way less chances and a total of 5 ... just not our day

Can't blame the manager when the team he put out was attacking, attacked, created chances galore, the tactics worked .... after that it's down to the players.

If we had to go out better now than in the semi's, finally a 3am game worth getting up to watch just a shame that it didn't end up going our way

Note to self - turn off the shite commentary the 'experts' are mostly morons, even when it's one of our own.

Shipped too many goals far too easily, and missed loads of chances at 1-0. A chance to progress wasted. Only silver lining is a small respite in fixtures now.

That said, it was so nice to feel confident that we'd come back when losing (until Winks and Sissoko rocked up) . Let's hope we can keep up that aggression.
Thought Sissoko didn’t do too bad. Maybe I’m comparing him to Winks though who was hopeless.

Honestly if you told me this is how Jose was going to play moving forward, I wouldn’t be totally gutted at this game. We still have a cup final, still in European football and if we play on the front foot like today I really believe we’d have a good shot at top 4.

I’m only depressed because I believe he’ll get gun shy now and go back to what was both bad and recently losing football.
If we play like we did today we’d be little better than those cunts down the road. Loads of errors, awful defending, and misfiring attackers. This match was only fun for a neutral. For Spurs fans, this was torment. All of our shortcomings magnified over two hours of shattered hope.

Fuck knows, but this guy is supposed to be the defensive mastermind coach. Right now, he needs 1 right back and at least 2 new centre halves so i'd guess that's minimum 100M worth of players.

If he can't improve what we have then it's either we give him that money or we're basically fucked because he can't do anything with these guys.
Did he not offload Kyle Walker Peters and sign a new right back for this season? Don’t tell me we need another upgrade there already.

Crazy game but Everton definitely deserved to go through...mainly because they took their chances...but also because we were simply not defending well enough to deserve anything from the game. All I can say is that serious upgrades in defence are a must come the summer!

That aside, once again the Ref seemed to just not want to give us anything tonight...he was inconsistent, easily conned and showed his incompetence at least 5 or 6 times (including the penalty). The linos weren't much better either...annoyed me the entire game tbh.

Oh well, a few les games to play now....and at least it was a fun few hours! We go on.

COYS
Et5pRcyWQAcDnoS

Not really. The only times they were better than us was in extra time and a 10 min spell in the first half approx 25-35mins.

Back
Top Bottom