FA CUP Quarter-Final : Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - 17/03/18 @12.15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I understand the offside rule.
So please can someone explain why Son is called offside here?
No part of his body is over the last line.
His foot is just as close as the defenders.
Mate his foot is ever so slightlyyyyyy ahead of the swansea cb if we are really analysing it. Benefit of the doubt should go to attacker if unsure but he is ever so slightly ahead of play. Fractions.

Mate his foot is ever so slightlyyyyyy ahead of the swansea cb if we are really analysing it. Benefit of the doubt should go to attacker if unsure but he is ever so slightly ahead of play. Fractions.

Also not clear whether or not his body is ahead due to the angle. Looks just off to me.

The problem is the use of the term clear and obvious error

So basically Sonny needs to be behind, not level, otherwise it's not clear and obvious - same as when they go to video for a catch in cricket or a try in rugby

The reason they don't allow overrule for that one is then we question why bother with linesmen. What they need to do is get a better faster system for these reviews, or use the same as Hockey - each team gets one appeal for VAR, they have to give a reason to the umpire, and if it's wrong they lose their appeal

That doesn't stop hockey (proper field, not ice) from still being significantly faster as a game than football
Well that’s the point, it wasn’t clear and obvious so why did they review it.
The linesman made the call as it looked offside. No problem
So why review it and then say it wasn’t clear and obvious so level doesn’t count?

What I hate most about VAR is that if that was ruled onside, and then its ruled a goal, I don't get the sheer bliss of watching it unfold real time. Thats what every fan lives for in my opinion, to take that away from the game is detrimental to the sport.

For me I would rather have a goal wrongly called offside by the lino. That was totally undestandable for him to get that wrong.

The thing that makes me wants to smash the tv to bits is a panel watching it over and over again, and still getting it wrong. As with Rochdale, that has lifted Swansea, when the game should be dead.

Back
Top Bottom