FA CUP Quarter-Final : Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - 17/03/18 @12.15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ask me, the expeiment has failed because of "clear and obvious error". 99% of the times VAR has butted in, its not that, its marginal, you can live with it if its wrong type of decisions cos we are talking inches.

Now football is getting increasingly fiscal, it is also getting increasingly political.

VAR is a great tool for turning football matches away from sport to political statements.

Mate his foot is ever so slightlyyyyyy ahead of the swansea cb if we are really analysing it. Benefit of the doubt should go to attacker if unsure but he is ever so slightly ahead of play. Fractions.
No he’s got black boots on. The black line ne obscures Unless he’s got a very small right foot compared to his left.

I understand the offside rule.
So please can someone explain why Son is called offside here?
No part of his body is over the last line.
His foot is just as close as the defenders.

Remove the lines and Son's offside. For me anyway, your mileage may vary.

VAR is broken.

VAR will help us one day - believe
tumblr_o3t4ew735a1ui0aqjo1_500.gif

Ah, otherwise all very nice... in ideal world we could be BIT more decisive and agressive in last 3rd. Not saying we should commit more ppl forward but those who are there could attack the goal with more directness. Game is in our hand but need more goals. Cant feel too convinient at 1:0!

COYS!!!

People say despite the time it takes at least "you get the correct decision" but this shows that just ain't true.
Any time there is any sort of human element involved there is no way of getting any decision correct 100% of the time. I can still sleep at night if the linesman makes a horrible call at real time. I binge drink and my vocabulary becomes quite a bit more colorful when VAR runs the show...

For me I would rather have a goal wrongly called offside by the lino. That was totally undestandable for him to get that wrong.

The thing that makes me wants to smash the tv to bits is a panel watching it over and over again, and still getting it wrong. As with Rochdale, that has lifted Swansea, when the game should be dead.
Its starting to feel, dare i say it, like american football. Every critical point of the game is somehow deflated by VAR

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. One for Poch to sort out!

Bagelboy Bagelboy Son's head and shoulder are over the line, which he can score with. It's the right call, even if it took away Son's goal of the month award.
So what line are we talking about?
It’s done and I don’t think we should have used it.
But I don’t see how he’s any further over this last line than the defender.
It’s not clear and obvious, never was.

Back
Top Bottom