FA CUP Quarter-Final : Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - 17/03/18 @12.15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm fine with everything apart from sissoko starting. I am not anti sissoko I just don't understand why we wouldn't start dembele when we have an international break next.

I would understand if we had a midweek Prem game or something but not playing our best team in a QF could come back to bite us.

Probably not the strongest line-up we could've started with... but at least they've travelled, and are there, should they be needed!
Dembele probably hasn't got ANOTHER 90-120 in him at the moment... so best rest him for later in the game.

Gotta be positive for this... The FA Cup DOES (or at least SHOULD) MEAN SOMETHING to everyone at this club!

Good point, no point starting with anyone who can't potentially play 120 mins - otherwise you are snookered for subs.

Swansea XI: Nordfeldt, Naughton, Van der Hoorn, Bartley, Mawson, Olsson, Ki Sung-Yeung, Carroll , Clucas, Dyer, Abraham.

Subs: Mulder, Roberts, Fernandez, Britton, Byers, Routledge, Narsingh

Is that their 2nd choice keeper?? Not sure it's Swansea's strongest first 11 either..

I'm fine with everything apart from sissoko starting. I am not anti sissoko I just don't understand why we wouldn't start dembele when we have an international break next.

I would understand if we had a midweek Prem game or something but not playing our best team in a QF could come back to bite us.

This team is perfectly fine to beat Swansea.

Toby not starting. Unless he plays 45mins today, he won't be thrown against chelski and walker scenario of last season imo.

Really cannot understand that line up and I hate the message it sends but we should still have enough to beat them.

What message(*)?

...That we have a damn good 2nd keeper?

...That Dembele is physically a bit delicate and may not be in the greatest of shape for some reason.

....Or is it cos that 'hack' Moura gets a start ahead of someone that some on here incessantly moan is 'undroppable' (in the negative sense).

'Welcome' back.... 'Good' to see you're as positive as ever....:dembelefingers:

(*Maybe its the same destructive message that was subliminally coded into Poch's book.... :sonpoint: )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom