FA CUP Quarter-Final : Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - 17/03/18 @12.15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems poch wants to keep Sissoko happy so starting him, there is no other reason what so ever.
Don't just disagree, give me a reason to start him. I like the guy, he is fully committed but there are better players than him on the bench plus international break.

Don't just disagree, give me a reason to start him. I like the guy, he is fully committed but there are better players than him on the bench plus international break.
Fitness for one. Winks is not 100%, Wanyama is not 100%, Dembélé is a game by game player. Logic then dictates that Sissoko is the one to fill that slot in the team sheet.

Sissoko is decent as a defensive midfielder. Not a given starter for us, but good enough to fill in when someone needs to deputise as he is doing today.

Is it really that far-fetched that Poch trusts and likes Sissoko?
Sissoko is fully committed, I like him. But there are better players than him on the bench, eg. Dembele. Plus there is no competitive match till 1 April.
I hope Sissoko plays well scores and performs, he is THFC player after all.

It’s probably going to be a 433 with Eriksen dropping deeper to collect the ball and Son, Lamela, and Lucas causing havoc up front.

I like the idea of 4-3-3. Swansea’s defenders wouldn’t know who to pick up through the middle as they are all capable of going through there.

The good thing about there being no extra time is Swansea have to go for it. Space will be left and Lamela and Eriksen are two of the best at punishing it. Sissoko is in the team to be the legs between defence and attack. He’s got a good engine and is so fast. He may not always put a perfect performance in, but I think he’s a good option to have.

Back
Top Bottom