FA Cup - Steven Bergwijn vs Southampton (H) 5/02 - 19:45KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well the direction of the kick is taking it towards the line while the spin is the opposite direction and changing the direction back towards play. As the ball rolls, it’s velocity and the spin on the ball are decreasing. In this case, just as the spin on the ball causes the path to become parallel to the sideline, the spin slows down enough that it is also not changing the direction of the ball and the ball takes a linear path right along the line.

Hey you asked.
All this is true. And the pitch is itself an oblate spheroid governed by the formula:

DeBiUWv.jpg

It also goes some way to explaining Berwijn's absence.​

After all the jokes in this thread about Bergwijn not being able to play I was struggling not to burst out laughing with a guy behind constantly moaning why he wasn't in the team on Wednesday.
:mourhandlaugh:

How you doing, as expected the treatment is pretty harrowing to watch, think the trip to the stadium was a bit much physically but mentally did the world of good, we’re back in hospital today
Excellent. You can't rush these things but she'll get there in the end. I'm sure everyone on the forum is pulling for you both.

We did not play well but it was not like MC as we had chances but did not take them Moura missed a sitter, Several times Son or Moura were in good positions but got dispossessed instead of getting a shot away and instead of shooting Aurier tried an impossible pass and again the opportunity was lost. Was not sure of the formation we were playing in first half because whilst Aurier was clearly playing WB, Sess seemed to be playing LB making it a back 4. It did not work and was better when Jan went off but that was tactical rather than him playing badly.
Away supporters had same songs as us but out sung us which was disappointing. Pleased to be through to next round when hopefully there will be less absences due to injuries.

Was not sure of the formation we were playing in first half because whilst Aurier was clearly playing WB, Sess seemed to be playing LB making it a back 4. It did not work and was better when Jan went off but that was tactical rather than him playing badly.

Agree with all you said, the tactical change made a real difference, and also really good we made it early (I half expected it at HT).

I also agreed with Macmanaman (who I thought made a lot of good points throughout the game) that it could have been any of the back 3, that none of them had had a good match.

I know it's going against the flow a bit, but I thought it was probably Tanga's poorest game for us. Weak on the second goal (though in his defence it was a great move), also lost the bloke he was marking completely at a corner and gave his man a free header.

This isn't meant as any kind of backlash, but I don't think he particularly bathed himself in glory. And (again) as Macmanaman said, the way he let Ings go inside him for the goal was mainly an experience thing. Trouble is, he's been so good till now that it sort of stands out and you have to remember he's only 20. Fuck, The Guardian were even saying he's on the fringe of an England call up, it's a meteoric rise

Back
Top Bottom