FA cup - The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester, SUN 10/01/16 = 16-00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it about posting photos of dying football fans? I seem to recall you thought that was appropriate a while back.

I won't be attaching much weight to your opinions as a result.
I couldnt give a monkeys arse how much weight you hold to my opinions....the fact is im right

I see your point billy, but it sets the wrong platform...each fa cup round should be treated like the final itself....it puts down a marker to the crowd and more inmportantly the oppisition.

When your club hasnt won a trophy in nearly a decade, you field your strongest team...thats above all pl games

I see your point billy, but it sets the wrong platform...each fa cup round should be treated like the final itself....it puts down a marker to the crowd and more inmportantly the oppisition.

When your club hasnt won a trophy in nearly a decade, you field your strongest team...thats above all pl games

But fielding a few fringe players could be our strongest team. A) because it could be the fittest B) they are all itching to get in the first team, an ideal time to prove themselves..
I would never want us to throw a cup game in favour of a league win but I sometimes believe that using the full squad has many benefits..

But fielding a few fringe players could be our strongest team. A) because it could be the fittest B) they are all itching to get in the first team, an ideal time to prove themselves..
I would never want us to throw a cup game in favour of a league win but I sometimes believe that using the full squad has many benefits..

You are right, i cant argue with that. Im not saying our fringe players wont be just as hungary or any less fitter. But then play them in the pl game then....if we had won a few trophys in the past 3 or 4 years, i would be 100 per cent in agreement with you,....but we havent...just my opinion, but that cup game agaibst leicester should be our strongest 11....if its not...the opposition will have the mentality that we arnt taking it seriously, so will our own crowd...and the chances are we will lose...if we dont, then it will be the next round...then thats another season gone..........we need to win something mate...dont we ? Otherwise in gonna have a breakdown lol

Jesus fucking christ...some of the fucking comments and opinions here....weakened teams ? Omonoah ? Fucking chadli ?

Seriously when are some of you simple cunts gonna wake up and understand the game.......THIS IS THE ONLY TROPHY WE STAND A CHANCE OF WINNING !!..Do you not fucking understand that ?

Getting 4th, qualifying for the champions league [thats if we win the qualifier].....then going out in the group stages[ which we will] is not fucking success.

Getting to wembley, hugo lifting the trophy at wembley in front of milions of people around the world, and infront of 50 thousand yids packed into one end of the stadium......thats fucking success..!!!

Some of the comments on here is exactly what is wrong with this game, and you should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

No doubt this post will probably get about 100 disagrees, which i couldnt give a flying fuck about...but before you do....sit down and have a think, what is the game really about ?
Mate our players need a rest. Nothing to do with lack of ambition. Rotation is necessary in some form.

[QUOassume stin, post: 924715, member: 4592"]Jesus fucking christ...some of the fucking comments and opinions here....weakened teams ? Omonoah ? Fucking chadli ?

Seriously when are some of you simple cunts gonna wake up and understand the game.......THIS IS THE ONLY TROPHY WE STAND A CHANCE OF WINNING !!..Do you not fucking understand that ?

Getting 4th, qualifying for the champions league [thats if we win the qualifier].....then going out in the group stages[ which we will] is not fucking success.

Getting to wembley, hugo lifting the trophy at wembley in front of milions of people around the world, and infront of 50 thousand yids packed into one end of the stadium......thats fucking success..!!!

Some of the comments on here is exactly what is wrong with this game, and you should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

No doubt this post will probably get about 100 disagrees, which i couldnt give a flying fuck about...but before you do....sit down and have a think, what is the game really about ?[/QUOTE]
You assume alot. Opinion not dictate? You are all wrong and should not dictate the path we take as a club. You take each game as it comes and only priorities near the end game?

Agree on the opinion we should rotate. Leicester will do the same. There is no reason we can't win this with a weaker team and I want us to win the competition.
I don't think we need to play a weak eleven in every round, future rounds won't have a league game follow it midweek.

Vorm
Trippier - Toby - Wimmer - Rose
Carroll - Bentaleb
Townsend - Mason - Chadli
Son.

Win this and then follow it up on Wednesday with a win in the league. If Vorm isn't up to these sort of games he might aswell go in January.

Just heard Vardy's out!

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom