FA cup - The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester, SUN 10/01/16 = 16-00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The squad won't be as heavily rotated as some people are suggesting. Poch likes to keep the momentum going and wants to win us titles. We actually have 7 days off now, which we haven't had for a while now and I tell you what thank fuck we are out of the League Cup.

I think we have a shot at winning the league this season. Therefore I really think and hope that is priority number one. Rotate heavily in the FA and play the strongest team in the league. Losers prioritize a fucking FA cup.

Just heard Vardy's out!

giphy.gif
Two weeks. So just enough time for us to feast on his absence, but not so much for the club to fall away and make a goon title even more likely :vdvcry:

Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy faces up to two weeks out due to groin surgery

Hopefully Leicester can get three off Aston Villa even w/o him.

The squad won't be as heavily rotated as some people are suggesting. Poch likes to keep the momentum going and wants to win us titles. We actually have 7 days off now, which we haven't had for a while now and I tell you what thank fuck we are out of the League Cup.
he's thrown the last 2 FA cups. Last year the team he put out against Leicester was about the worst he could have chosen. Utter dross.

Previous year at Saints they were at a struggling Sunderland within reach of Wembley and they put in a shocker.

This time around I'd prefer him to rotate. We've got a far better squad than last year's misfits, and the team looked knackered towards the end yesterday. Kane in particular looked dead on his feet.

Dropping two pts vs Everton means HAVE to ensure three pts against Leicester in the League.
We should be able to trust a lot of those not starting. Let's be considerate of Kane, Toby, Alli needing a rest. Chaps like Bentaleb, Mason, Chadli, Rose, Trippier are experienced and proven EPL players, throw in Son, Onomah, Wimmer we have the makings of a strong team.

For me I would go for
Lloris, Trippier, Dier, Wimmer, Rose,Bentaleb, Mason, Chadli, Carroll, Onomah, Son

Subs - Toby, Winks, Eriksen, Lamela, Davies

This lineup should get a result while preserving our players for the league game. Time to be confident in our squad depth.

Jesus fucking christ...some of the fucking comments and opinions here....weakened teams ? Omonoah ? Fucking chadli ?

Seriously when are some of you simple cunts gonna wake up and understand the game.......THIS IS THE ONLY TROPHY WE STAND A CHANCE OF WINNING !!..Do you not fucking understand that ?

Getting 4th, qualifying for the champions league [thats if we win the qualifier].....then going out in the group stages[ which we will] is not fucking success.

Getting to wembley, hugo lifting the trophy at wembley in front of milions of people around the world, and infront of 50 thousand yids packed into one end of the stadium......thats fucking success..!!!

Some of the comments on here is exactly what is wrong with this game, and you should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

No doubt this post will probably get about 100 disagrees, which i couldnt give a flying fuck about...but before you do....sit down and have a think, what is the game really about ?
Why should this post get 100 disagrees??? I was brought up on FA Cup success and it is time to win it again. No disagreement from me.
Part of me thinks a week to rest, play the same team. However Vardy missing and hopefully Leicester will rest some players as well. Son, Chadli, Mason & Bentelob need game time and some of them should play. Getting the balance right will only be seen if we win, which we must.

Jesus fucking christ...some of the fucking comments and opinions here....weakened teams ? Omonoah ? Fucking chadli ?

Seriously when are some of you simple cunts gonna wake up and understand the game.......THIS IS THE ONLY TROPHY WE STAND A CHANCE OF WINNING !!..Do you not fucking understand that ?

Getting 4th, qualifying for the champions league [thats if we win the qualifier].....then going out in the group stages[ which we will] is not fucking success.

Getting to wembley, hugo lifting the trophy at wembley in front of milions of people around the world, and infront of 50 thousand yids packed into one end of the stadium......thats fucking success..!!!

Some of the comments on here is exactly what is wrong with this game, and you should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

No doubt this post will probably get about 100 disagrees, which i couldnt give a flying fuck about...but before you do....sit down and have a think, what is the game really about ?
1. You need to understand people have different opinions to you, people that disagree shouldn't be 'ashamed of themselves' for having a different opinion

2. We have a chance this year, no one has taken this title race by the scruff of the neck, we really can fucking do this. As well as that there is also the Europa League, which is also possible. Sure, trophies is what we want. But we are not going to get anywhere in anything if we don't rotate the team. This young team we have now, none of them would be a shadow of their current selves if they were not given a chance to show it, and we would still be running around with Soldado or Ade up front because we thought they were our only options. Champions League would be HUGE, that is the big stage. Who says we will only get to the Group stages? We got to the Quarters last time. Getting top 4 would bring in a huge financial windfall for the club, meaning we can attract better players and become a better club. Then we can be in this sort of situation where we have a shot at a title more often. We have a great spine, one of the best coaches in the league and a brilliant set of young, passionate players. Why not believe that we can go for it all? By playing the same players in every match we would run out of steam, and eventually fall short on all accounts.

justin justin Interesting you admire Redknapp as a manager so much in the other thread when he was the worst perpetrator of throwing FA Cup games in the clubs history. There is no doubt his attitude towards this competition (and the league cup, and the Europa League) is responsible for a lot of the warped "TOP 4s OUR EVERYTHING" attitude which now exists in the fanbase.

I would love for us to win the FA Cup but think we can definitely rest players here and go through. Leicester will not go full strength. It's a sad reflection of the modern game but this game does not excite me in the slightest.

...and pretty much turned their entire season around, not to mention gaining the momentum to carry that on into this season!

This game could well define what happens 3 days later... beat them on Sunday, and they've got to regroup and do it all again 3 days later... if we lose/weaken our team, they'll be brimming with confidence for the league game regardless of what team we put out!

BEAT THEM SUNDAY... then fucking BEAT THEM AGAIN! ...thass what Winners do!

That sir, is very well spotted!!

REVENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGE!

This is the only thing that came to mind when reading your post.

justin justin Interesting you admire Redknapp as a manager so much in the other thread when he was the worst perpetrator of throwing FA Cup games in the clubs history.

Seem to recall two FA cup semi finals (and a League cup final) during his tenure. And we havent made it past the 4th round since he left.

Seem to recall two FA cup semi finals (and a League cup final) during his tenure. And we havent made it past the 4th round since he left.
2 semis when we lost through appalling reffing and luck; a narrow loss away at Manure; a defeat at Fulham when Dawson and Hutton went bonkers and conceded 2 penalties and a red card in the first 10 minutes....I don't see how any manager could be accused of throwing any of those. I was at 3 of them and no one in the crowd thought that.

Throwing a match is when you pick:
Vorm
Chiriches
Kaboul (capt)
Fazio
Capoue
Lamela (not the current version)
Soldado
Townsend
Paulinho

When that team went up on the Jumbotron it was obvious that Poch didn't give a shit.

Ironically Leicester knocked us out last year when they were shite. Once, just for fecking once, why can't get we get easy draws. You see, if we get past them, we will draw Man City or the Arse in the next round and don't you just know that ?

======================

You won't get that from me, because you are spot on. Being a real fan is about enjoying the big day, and realistically the biggest day we can possibly have is the FA cup final. Big deal if we get top four, we won't win the CL, and Levy won't spend the additional income on class players. Personally I would rather win the FA cup and end up 4th from bottom. The game is about glory !!

======================

You won't get that from me, because you are spot on. Being a real fan is about enjoying the big day, and realistically the biggest day we can possibly have is the FA cup final. Big deal if we get top four, we won't win the CL, and Levy won't spend the additional income on class players. Personally I would rather win the FA cup and end up 4th from bottom. The game is about glory !!
Spot on mate....nothing more can be said. I could maybe understand where some of these lot are coming from if we had actually won something recently....fuck me, how long has it been now ? Jesus wept.......we cant put 4th place in the trophy cabinet

Back
Top Bottom