Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think this guy knows what he's doing. His transfers seems completely random and they've mostly been flops.

He bought Romero cos he knew him at Juve, and he showed quality at Atalanta. Benta and Kulu seemed to be similar, but with more Conte input.

That's it that's the totality of his successful transfers so far. Now, I can forgive Biss flopping, he looked a good pick up, same with Perisic.

The rest though... fucking hell.

He went to Barca for Ilaix Moriba, failed to get him (thank god), so he seemingly went "well you got anything else mate?". So he came back with Emerson. Then when Bastoni fell through, went back to his mate at Barca for any leftovers. Lenget could have panned out, but he was shit for a long long time at Barca so his lack of impact is not surprising.

Went to Sevilla to get Kounde, failed, and decided fuck it, I'll have Gil. Despite his injuries Lamela actually had a FAR FAR bigger impact for them than Gil ever did for them or us. We paid £25m + LAMELA for him.

He also bought Sarr for £15m, but it looks like the poor boy is never go see the pitch.

Also bought Gollini, who might be worse than a few of our academy players, thank god it was a loan without an obligation.

With Doherty and Emerson, RWB was an urgent transfer requirement, but after an entire summer of haggling with end up with Spece near deadline day.

Our front 3 was one of the best in the world at the end last season, and getting Rich was good idea (even if we overpaid), but I'd happily give him up for a real CB and RWB.

Other than a good attacking sub off the bench we have not improved at ALL as a squad.

I don't think this guy knows what he's doing. His transfers seems completely random and they've mostly been flops.

He bought Romero cos he knew him at Juve, and he showed quality at Atalanta. Benta and Kulu seemed to be similar, but with more Conte input.

That's it that's the totality of his successful transfers so far. Now, I can forgive Biss flopping, he looked a good pick up, same with Perisic.

The rest though... fucking hell.

He went to Barca for Ilaix Moriba, failed to get him (thank god), so he seemingly went "well you got anything else mate?". So he came back with Emerson. Then when Bastoni fell through, went back to his mate at Barca for any leftovers. Lenget could have panned out, but he was shit for a long long time at Barca so his lack of impact is not surprising.

Went to Sevilla to get Kounde, failed, and decided fuck it, I'll have Gil. Despite his injuries Lamela actually had a FAR FAR bigger impact for them than Gil ever did for them or us. We paid £25m + LAMELA for him.

He also bought Sarr for £15m, but it looks like the poor boy is never go see the pitch.

Also bought Gollini, who might be worse than a few of our academy players, thank god it was a loan without an obligation.

With Doherty and Emerson, RWB was an urgent transfer requirement, but after an entire summer of haggling with end up with Spece near deadline day.

Our front 3 was one of the best in the world at the end last season, and getting Rich was good idea (even if we overpaid), but I'd happily give him up for a real CB and RWB.

Other than a good attacking sub off the bench we have not improved at ALL as a squad.
Was a very poor summer window despite the promise of big investment & exciting times ahead. Another failed windows in my eyes.

£25m + Lamela for Gil. Then passed up on kvaratskhelia.
Yeah, that’s shitting the bed big time. And we didn’t/ couldn’t snag Kim.

Still, we’ll have to consider his whole body of work a couple of years down the road. If Sarr and Udogie come good then it will compensate.
The other thing he needs to be judged on is his ability to (permanently) move on deadwood.

we didn’t/ couldn’t snag Kim.

He supposedly said he would't sign anywhere he wasn't guaranteed to start......

Not keen on going down that path on any player; let alone one of his status and minimal track record.

Still, we’ll have to consider his whole body of work a couple of years down the road. If Sarr and Udogie come good then it will compensate.
The other thing he needs to be judged on is his ability to (permanently) move on deadwood.

Fair.

Last edited:
Imagine having to figure out how to get rid of the rest of our deadwood. Don’t envy the man at all.
dier, sanchez, davies, emerson, sessegnon..if he can get 50m back for that pile of shit hes done well. its actually madness that its possible in football too. games mad when players like them are even worth big money.

someone on talksport said that dier and sanchez also played in the colchester disaster and zagreb... these two are not good enough as it is but when you have both of them at the back you're going to get a horror show.

weve got enough data on them now to realise they are way out of their depth. they need to be bombed out the club asap.

Last edited:
kulu bentancur bissouma romero udogie richarlison

go to sleep child

Udogie hasn't kicked a ball for Spurs and I wouldn't exactly be listing Richarlison a success at 60 million pounds with the way hes played so far. Bissouma has had a couple of decent performances & I'm 99% sure he'll be great, but a success already? Nah. Even Romero is questionable atm.

Kulu & Bentancur were great, fair play.. the likes of Gil & Emerson? Not so much.

Udogie hasn't kicked a ball for Spurs and I wouldn't exactly be listing Richarlison a success at 60 million pounds with the way hes played so far. Bissouma has had a couple of decent performances & I'm 99% sure he'll be great, but a success already? Nah. Even Romero is questionable atm.

Kulu & Bentancur were great, fair play.. the likes of Gil & Emerson? Not so much.
imagine criticize paratici for buying richarlison romero bissouma.
crazy times are these

imagine criticize paratici for buying richarlison romero bissouma.
crazy times are these

Where did I criticise him for it, lol?

I said you're pointing them out like they're counter arguments. Richarlison and Bissouma have barely had an impact at Spurs so far. Does he get credit just for signing players, and it doesn't matter how well they actually play for us?

Back
Top Bottom