Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Key word being....squad not team.

Last season then......

Romero, Bentancur, Kulu...... 3 starters that helped elevate us from 7th (the year before) to 4th.

Paratici:

Season 1: improved the starting XI
Season 2: improved the squad.

Last season then......

Romero, Bentancur, Kulu...... 3 starters that helped elevate us from 7th (the year before) to 4th.

I was actually backing you up because you mentioned the squad had improved whereas the team was referred to as not having improved. I actually think both have improved but maybe the squad more so.

Last season then......

Paratici:

Season 1: improved the starting XI
Season 2: improved the squad.

This illustrates what can happen in football. All 3 for whatever reason have made less of a contribution this season. The exact opposite of what I expected, I thought all 3 would go from strength to strength.

I was actually backing you up because you mentioned the squad had improved whereas the team was referred to as not having improved. I actually think both have improved but maybe the squad more so.

I think previously the other fella was in turn arguing team/not squad...... lol

Whatever way you slice it though; I think the team and squad quality has been improved during his tenure.

21/22 speaks for itself really and there's quite a few seeds that still have yet to blossom.

As a reminder, I believe this was our last starting XI under Alan Sugar:

Walker,
Perry, King, Doherty, Judas
Freund, Clemence, Sicknote, Leonhardsen
Rebrov, Booth

West Ham played a midfield of Carrick, Lampard and Joe Cole.

But ENIC have totally destroyed the club! Give your head a fucking wobble.
Yeah because Spurs is defined by the Sugar wilderness years....We never had any success or good teams before ENIC did we?

fucking bellend

Take your shit-tinted glasses off, fella.

Team improvements:
Romero, Kulu, Bentancur, Porro

Squad improvements:
Bissouma & Sarr > Winks & Sissoko
Porro, Emerson, Spence > Aurier & Doherty
Forster > Giollini

+ Udogie, Gil

I actually agree with you but would immediately counter with the fact that Paratici has had more leeway with spending than any DoF before him. I mean some of our previous guys were operating with 10/15m net spends or negative net spends. Our wage bill has risen significantly alongside said transfer spending, too.

We can definitely say he improved on the GLC/Ndomble/Sess window which was our first foray in to genuine big spending, but it's not a huge brag. I honestly don't think any of his business has been under the radar or particularly impressive. We've not exactly picked up a bunch of bargains under him, other than Bentancur.

Was Ange a Paratici pick? I thought he wanted Enrique, which is probably why we were still linked with him at the end.

I figured the reason why we started to get linked with the likes of Ange and Slot was because someone else was consulting Levy.

Back
Top Bottom