Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know how you can say he didn't significantly improve the squad. It's too early to judge one way or another, but if I had to decide now, I'd say Romero, Emerson, and Gil are a big improvement. Romero and Emerson are much better than their alternatives, and Gil is a good rotation player on top of being a young talent with obvious potential.
We have almost no goalscorers left. Son and Kane . thats it. The rest have proven themselves to not be relied upon. Should have got a replacement for Bale/Vinicius. Relying on scarllett was a jokeworthy decision.

Yeah, I said it was too early to judge, but if I had to say, Emerson definitely looks better than any RB we had for a long time. Saying he had one poor match, without mentioning it was after he was with the squad for two days, with the team down to ten men, and with Davies at CB, is a borderline misleading.

He was bad before Davies was at cb and before we were down to 10 men. The fact he was with the squad for 2 days is valid, and again .. I'm not judging him on that basis. But he was also very ordinary against Chelsea, and I saw very little when he came on against Woolwich.

He's new and shouldn't be judged on that. But the same is true about not forming major opinions based on what was a solid performance against Villa. I saw Aurier put in some genuinely great performances for the club, his issue was consistency.

Whether these upgrades are meaningful remains to be seen. But we do know for sure that a lot more needed to be done, and wasn't.

He was bad before Davies was at cb and before we were down to 10 men. The fact he was with the squad for 2 days is valid, and again .. I'm not judging him on that basis. But he was also very ordinary against Chelsea, and I saw very little when he came on against Woolwich.

He's new and shouldn't be judged on that. But the same is true about not forming major opinions based on what was a solid performance against Villa. I saw Aurier put in some genuinely great performances for the club, his issue was consistency.

Whether these upgrades are meaningful remains to be seen. But we do know for sure that a lot more needed to be done, and wasn't.
Yeah I agree that we need to wait more before assessing them, that's why I don't understand how he decided that the squad wasn't better than before. It's true that more is needed, but we're not an oil club, we're usually limited to about two first team buys a season, and as far as I can't tell he's used them pretty well.

Yeah I agree that we need to wait more before assessing them, that's why I don't understand how he decided that the squad wasn't better than before. It's true that more is needed, but we're not an oil club, we're usually limited to about two first team buys a season, and as far as I can't tell he's used them pretty well.

I disagree that you have to be an oil club to improve two positions at once (especially with outgoings) but this isn't the thread for it.

But yes I agree, we can't really say either way. If Romero and Emerson end up being massive upgrades, we'll be a better team, even with the other issues.

Probably from the interview that ArtyB ArtyB posted….

Asked what the big picture looked like, Paratici added: “To be competitive, arrange the club in the right way and be focused in the team. Choose the right players, about mentality first, about style of football second.

I mean having players with a good mentality is damned important, but the last few words of that quote give me the shivers.

Love how every thread has a resident cunt now...waiting to piss all over any sign of positivity...
no-happiness-allowed.jpg

Probably from the interview that ArtyB ArtyB posted….

Asked what the big picture looked like, Paratici added: “To be competitive, arrange the club in the right way and be focused in the team. Choose the right players, about mentality first, about style of football second.

I mean having players with a good mentality is damned important, but the last few words of that quote give me the shivers.
I get his point and even agree with it. You don't buy players just because they play lovely football. You also have to make sure that they have the right mentality and attitude. It is easier to improve a players playing ability than their attitude.

At least that is how I understood it.

I’ll judge him at the end of next summer. Let’s see where he is after 3 windows and the normal buying selling has resumed post covid. If he continues shifting deadwood and the squad is more balanced he will have done ok.

Given how many players he gets linked with admin might have to increase bandwidth for the transfer thread.

TBH I have no idea if he is going to be any good but if played need time then DOF probably even more so.

Back
Top Bottom