FC Basel - Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My team:

..................................Lloris

Walker.............Dawson..........Vertonghen..............BAE

....................Parker.................Huddlestone

.....Holtby.................Dembele.................Siggy

...................................Ade

Through

Likely AVB:

...........................................Brad

Naughton..............Caulker................Dawson.............Vertonghen

........................Parker........................Dembele

Holtby.......................Dempsey................................Siggy

.....................................Ade

Out

Yes. I have forgotten more about the game than AVB...no....err he forgot that I......have. I remember less about football..

Whats that saying again?

My team:

..................................Lloris

Walker.............Dawson..........Vertonghen..............BAE

....................Parker.................Huddlestone

.....Holtby.................Dembele.................Siggy

...................................Ade

Through

Likely AVB:

...........................................Brad

Naughton..............Caulker................Dawson.............Vertonghen

........................Parker........................Dembele

Holtby.......................Dempsey................................Siggy

.....................................Ade

Out

Yes. I have forgotten more about the game than AVB...no....err he forgot that I......have. I remember less about football..

Whats that saying again?

I think I'd go with a hybrid of these teams, your defence and 'ABVs' midfield/attack. They have no real aerial threat so I don't think he'll put Verts at LB. I could possibly see a case for Naughton at left back because of that quick winger they've got - can't remember his name.

I also think Thudd would struggle fitness wise. His shape hasn't changed since his last run of games (not for the better at least) which suggests that he hasn't been busting a gut ( :baletroll: ) in training. If we are going to push Dembele forward, and like you I doubt that will happen, I'd rather see Tom C come in.

I do think the MF/striker line up will be similar to sunday though.

I'm nervous as fuck but I'm sure the coaches have centred training around life without Bale and Lennon.

AVB's blue and white army! Have faith.

I'm hoping for the Ceballos show - go on, Andre - let him loose

You do want to win right? Ade is in good form at the moment, and he will be the lone striker starting.
I saw Ceballos against Man United U21's at the training ground and he wasnt the best player on the pitch. He was pretty average.
He is still raw, let him develop rather than chucking him into a Europa League Quarter with alot still to play for.

I don't suppose anyone will be watching this in town. I'm meeting a mate of mine in The Coffee House just off Carnaby Street, landlord is a Spurs fan.

If so, I will be wearing waders, a fireman's helmet and reading Adrian Mole aged 13 and 3/4

If the Dortmund game today has shown us anything it is that football is a wonderfully unpredictable game. For example Friedel could have a stormer or Gallas could score the winning goal or Kyle Naughton belts one in from 40 yards. So I'm not going to say that if either of these guys or any other players play that we're definitely going to win/lose or draw. I'm just going to wait and see what team AVB puts out and then back the team/turn in to a quivering wreck when we are leading 1-0 with 5 minutes to go, praying to the football gods that they spare us this time.

See you all in Basel. COYS!!!

No Vertonghen at LB for me, Benny or Naughton are better.

While i agree with you, AVB thinks differently. Basl is more of a long ball team and having a 6,5 striker I think we will see Vert at LB. Vert played LB against West Ham (Andy Carrol) and played Lb against Basel dealing with this striker. I believe AVB does want to win this and will go with the strongest team, especially with a huge break before City. I'd be shocked to see Gallas even on the subs. Walker has to play after his great performance against Everton. Dawson and Caulker purely to deal with this massive striker. Caroll was a bright spot in our last game and i expect him again. I see us 2-0, we move on.

Lloris -
Walker - Dawson - Caulker - Vertonghen
Parker - Caroll
Holtby - Dembele - Siggy
Ade

Back
Top Bottom