FC Basel - Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We shouldn't be battling for 120 minutes though? this is such a small time attitude that would be better suited to fans of a league 2 team that just had a away match with a premiership team.

We played reasonably well today but Basle are not that good. The first match was down to our manager adopting a high line when Gallas is one of our cb's and an off day from our back 4. Today they looked average and there for the taking so let's not over do things and act as if "battling for 120 minutes" against Basle is some kind of achievement.

This is the sort of attitude that makes the lane a hit and miss come match day. Since when was a team thats made the quarter final of a european cup so small time that we should just walk all over them. Get of your high horse mate, apart from the last 5 years which we he have improved greatly what gives us the right to think we can just walk into a semi final of a european cup and to do it with 10 men ? Im drunk and disappointed just as much as the next fan but all this " whats their to be proud of tonight" bollox give it a rest. We had half our first team not playing, against a more then decent team in an atmosphere man united, bayern and other teams have struggled in. So if your not happy with the shift we put in today i suggest you join another bandwagon mr bigtime.

Gallas is out
confetti_06P.jpg

tumblr_mkyx26Lrqk1rcrdz1o2_500.jpg

So looking forward to the day hopefully in the near future

when another futbol club announces the signing of one Emmanuel Adebayor

Bore off you cunt and get a new record. Adebayor had a good game tonight, was involved and at times was a threat.

We lost on the lotteries of penalties, with 10 men. The players left on the pitch deserve our plaudits. Not this negative bullshit. They worked like dogs for 30 minutes.

Holtby ran his legs off as usual, Carroll was quality and I'm not going to bang on but Lloris should have started, end of.

AVB has to pick them up and we're lucky we've got such a long break, but it was a brave effort tonight and I'm so fucking proud to support this club. COYFS

Proud of the efforts of the team in 120 minutes, not just the last 30.

We could be the shittest team in the league but if everyone played with the passion and commitment they showed tonight, I wouldn't care.

We'll get up fighting from this and fight til the death.

Actually, this is so beatiful no matter what the outcome will be...
Forget the media-hyped top-4 challenge, European nights like this is what football is about.

Enjoy the moment and cheer the lads! COYFS!!!!:avbwtf:

For all those ifs and buts you can go play footie manager as for tonight hats off to our team.
Defoe, bale, sandro, lennon, kaboul, lloris all not featuring and we still managed to battle for 120 mins with a more then decent side. Dawson was deffo crowned tonight as our new king what a fucking performance from him and jan up in till the red. Everyone else aswell put a shift in even the cunt adebayor. Who allows a 100k striker a week to play out wide is beyond me but hey he worked his ass off just as much as the rest up in till that comedy of a run up. I for one im proud of our team tonight. Gutted and ashamed but my head aint dropping . An older gentlemen made a very good point to me the other week at the lane. " whether its uefa or champions league it still two games a week" and trophies is what we play for !!! So hats off to avb for this experience and for talking it seriously, cause like it or not us english teams think we are owed success as the best league in the world but thats bollox. Cup runs = money and trophies = records, history and memories for our great club.

As for the wise jokes , leave them be. We've just been knocked out from a trophy we was so close to winning and some of you think this is the time to have a laugh. Be proud of us to tonight, keep your heads up and lets get behind the boys come the city game.

T.H.F.C till i die

Allow me to interrupt this repartee with a few thoughts.

Disappointed we did not win but I am proud of the team for fighting hard in tough conditions. When Verts got sent off, I had that feeling it was not meant to be.

However, the gloom is brightened by the fact that those Lazio cunts had to watch themselves get knocked out in their empty stadium of shame.

Cocksucking face tatooed facsist masturbators. :levyeyes:

The saddest thing for Ade is that after last night's PK miss, he will be a scapegoat for the boo-boys, and my ST neighbour in Paxton - let's call him Mr Pie-man, will be throwing his tea down on the floor yet again, him and the other 15-20,000-odd non-supporting boo-boys at WHL will create an atmosphere of tension, loudly abusing Ade and Dempsey at the first opportunity, the first time they do the slightest thing wrong. Their heckling will bring about a self-filfilling prophecy of doom.

The only way to avoid this is for Ade to get an early goal aginst City...

Dempsey has already gone public about the tense atmosphere at WHL affecting their performance and the result, can't see it improving at the City match without an early goal.

I don't get how you can get me offering my view on a website is somehow detremential to the team?

It's either blind naivety or misplaced arrogance.

The idea that dear Ade would a) bother to read. B) care.

Is both laughable and quite sweet.

I don't shout out obscenities at him when I'm at the lane although he is one of the main reasons I've only been about 8 times this season. I hate to think I'm contributing to his wage.

Trust me. Ade doesn't care what I think and it doesn't change his ability to wreck or lol save our season.

Promise.

Negative views only lead to more negativity, people shout you down so that others don't think what you say is 'ok'.

Last year adebayor was supported and did well.....this year he's been booed in pretty much every game and he's playing badly - everyone listened to much to those gooner cunts about the 'wait until he gets a contract' shit.

They planted the seed and every cunt that bought it has allowed them to succeed.

Adebayor wasn't that bad. Seriously being used as a scapegoat. No one was poor and everyone looked exhausted at the end.

Positives: Tom Carroll, Holtby and the continued rise of Siggy.

Just read the 'argument' personally I think it's pointless. But I do hate the constant bias towards Dempsey from the American Yids. But they still support the same team as us.

What? You mean to tell me Dempsey isn't the most passionate, hardest working and skillful player on our team? Blasphemy!

hqdefault.jpg

Well, that was a fun packed half hour reading these 47 pages. Delighted I didn't bother my arse last night. A few tuppences worth from me:

1. Basel may not be the strongest team in Europe, but they really were rather good. Their front three are fucking superb and my only annoyance is that they don't play for us. We got close to winning against a very good side with half our first team missing.

2. Ade at least tried last night and whilst he doesn't deserve praise simply for looking interested, he shouldn't get a kicking either. He worked hard, but rarely in the right bit of the pitch. I want a striker to be central, doing fuck all except wait for the ball. I don't want to see him as an ineffective winger. On his pen, does anyone really believe he didn't give a shit that he missed? That's bollocks.

3. AVBs comment after the game might be a defence mechanism if we don't finish top four. "Not unhappy about being in the Europa again, cos its great. I said so after the Basel match". Maybe not, but I'm a suspicious chap.

Lets give anyone else we play this season the absolute cunting of the century. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom