FC Basel - Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just hope we don't carry this into the league now. Got to put it behind us and come back stronger. We learnt a lot of lessons about European football, about playing against CL quality teams in difficult midweek games and also about our own strengths/weaknesses, so that will help us next season in the CL hopefully.

we're so FUCKING ENGLISH at penalties!

Bollocks, we fucked it up at home... 2-2 away draw should've been enough!

but we're all fucking Spursy, and we don't DO penalties anymore!

fuck it.... I REALLY wanted to win the UEFA CUP this year, and don't give a cunt that Chelsea will win the Europa, and convince themselves it's all they ever dreamed of...

CUNT OFF FOOTBALL!

Yei, we drew Basel after beating Lyon and Inter, this should be easy.

Chelsea to draw Basel next, lucky fuckers etc.. etc..

Gutted about the result, but.... can't fault the effort from the players. AVB needs some credit for tonight too.
By the way to end on a sad note. Their second goal wasn't a corner :(

So looking forward to the day hopefully in the near future

when another futbol club announces the signing of one Emmanuel Adebayor

Bore off you cunt and get a new record. Adebayor had a good game tonight, was involved and at times was a threat.

We lost on the lotteries of penalties, with 10 men. The players left on the pitch deserve our plaudits. Not this negative bullshit. They worked like dogs for 30 minutes.

Mistakes are made for a reason. We let Basel steam us in the first leg and it cost us. We did very well tonight, but a few silly mistakes made us concede two cheap goals. Oh well - hopefully we'll come back from this stronger.

Those penalties were awful though.

Gutted, but fully enjoyed the last three knock out rounds. Quality drama. Missed it.

Europe we will see you next year. Until then, lets confirm it to be the Europa League's, younger, hotter sister.

Feel so empty, really really believed we were going to win that trophy. But fair fucks to the lads they really gave it everything tonight and for that I'm grateful. Just such a painful painful way to loose.

P.s. Adebayor you are a fucking cunt. I've tried to defend you but you're just a cunt.

THudd clearly never wants to cut his hair ever again... I hope it gets so long he fucking chokes on it!

soppy long-haired thick tosser! :hudd:

:ade: and you can stop fucking smiling Ade you useless Gooner cunt!

:adestare: thats better... prick!

You do know that the Goons will love the fact that Ade missed. Hey Ho. I do think it is time to show him the door. Just for reference, anybody wanting to know how to approach a penalty shoot out(younger members) google UEFA 84 Final.

Holtby ran his legs off as usual, Carroll was quality and I'm not going to bang on but Lloris should have started, end of.

AVB has to pick them up and we're lucky we've got such a long break, but it was a brave effort tonight and I'm so fucking proud to support this club. COYFS

Back
Top Bottom