FC Basel - Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was a different performance because for large parts of the game he was having to drop deep and help out the midfield who were struggling. When Thudd and Carroll came on he was much more of an attacking threat.
Nah don't agree it was almost the same team that played sunday but didn't look like scoring in the whole match.
He also never took a pen like that last year .

Had no confidence going into those penalties. Can't think of anyone I'm confident in taking those on the Spurs. Didn't like T-Hudd first though...maybe a Dempsey since he was playing with a lot of confidence. Proud of the way the team fought and hopefully we can get a top 4 finish now. Holtby ran his ass off...what a likeable player.

Can't believe some of the dross I'm reading on twitter. People saying AVB should be sacked because hud and ade missed pens.

Surely only Ade should be sacked for Ade missing a pen! It's not AVB's fault ADE forgot he was a striker from the moment he signed a permanent deal with us... the warnings were there.... ArseAnal, Man City told us it would happen... and lo, it has finally come to pass! Ade is happy with his weekly wedge, and why wouldn't he be? £100k for missing a vital penalty... even I could do that!

It was a different performance because for large parts of the game he was having to drop deep and help out the midfield who were struggling. When Thudd and Carroll came on he was much more of an attacking threat.

Keep spinning the "different performance" to justify the argument.

At the end of the day, a Striker who makes 100k in wages is measured on creating scoring chances and bagging goals. He is paid quite handsomely by the club to achieve this. And he is absolutely miserable at it.

That PK run up and ball that went 10 yards over the woodwork. Cue the.....

tumblr_lywyg4Y1zy1qdvnr3o1_250.gif

Adebayor had a good game tonight ? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaa

Come on bro

He makes 100k in wages to play this fine sport and your celebrating his "hard work" as some achievement out there.

Adebayor is holding this club back. Which is obvious. Stop being so sensitive and attacking somebody who simply calls out that very fact.

PS
Nice RunUp on that PK. What a disaster

You're significantly worse than Adebayor. So obnoxious.

There used to be a football forum here.

you seen Bens tweet? Got kicked out at half time lol
Yeah I saw it, cracked me up. I was gonna favourite it but I thought that might be a bit harsh! He said there were no toilets, then I text him and he said that they were 'downstairs and too far to walk' so he pissed in the concourse lmao

Spursy

Can't believe some of the dross I'm reading on twitter. People saying AVB should be sacked because hud and ade missed pens.

Twitter? says it all really.

AVB has done a good job so far but some of his decisions/substitutions lately has been nothing short of bizzare. His continuous hard on for Dempsey cost us big time against Fulham, his usual Carroll for Dembele substitution when we're looking for a goal is also utterly baffling (Dembele was poor today though).

People keep talking about "being proud tonight" ...of what? the fact that we didn't concede for 30 minutes with 10 men? is that how bad it's got?

I mean yeh i'm aware we usually crumble under pressure, or after a bad decision but ffs man, Chelski fucking knock out Barca with 10 men, other teams win with 10 men, yet we're celebrating because we didn't concede in 30 minutes.

For all those ifs and buts you can go play footie manager as for tonight hats off to our team.
Defoe, bale, sandro, lennon, kaboul, lloris all not featuring and we still managed to battle for 120 mins with a more then decent side. Dawson was deffo crowned tonight as our new king what a fucking performance from him and jan up in till the red. Everyone else aswell put a shift in even the cunt adebayor. Who allows a 100k striker a week to play out wide is beyond me but hey he worked his ass off just as much as the rest up in till that comedy of a run up. I for one im proud of our team tonight. Gutted and ashamed but my head aint dropping . An older gentlemen made a very good point to me the other week at the lane. " whether its uefa or champions league it still two games a week" and trophies is what we play for !!! So hats off to avb for this experience and for talking it seriously, cause like it or not us english teams think we are owed success as the best league in the world but thats bollox. Cup runs = money and trophies = records, history and memories for our great club.

As for the wise jokes , leave them be. We've just been knocked out from a trophy we was so close to winning and some of you think this is the time to have a laugh. Be proud of us to tonight, keep your heads up and lets get behind the boys come the city game.

T.H.F.C till i die

Spurs haven't had a penalty for ages, so we were out of practice, and last few seasons we've been bloody terrible at them. We're worse than England at penalties.

Adebayor didn't hold the ball up, it just kept coming back. Can't really blame him for the penalty, even Messi and Maradona miss under pressure, and we hardly have ANY great penalty takers, but unless he contributes significantly to a win vs Man City I'm giving up on him. Imagine how many goals we'd get with a decent striker, we wouldn't constantly be desperately defending a narrow advantage in every match. Defoe doesn't cost as much, and Dempsey gets enough important goals that he deserves another season.

Embarrassing that hardly anybody rated Basel prior to the matches, they did put Man U out of the champions league last season. They were by far the better team, looked very dangerous.

Haven't enjoyed a spurs game since Inter Milan at home, even the Swansea win was difficult to watch. We have a small break now, let's hope good Spurs turn up Sunday week (We could be 6th place by then if Arse and Everton results go badly for us)

Back
Top Bottom