FIFA + UEFA & Putin's grubby cash. What will happen?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More important things than money. Imagine if the first team to lift a trophy in our new stadium was Chelsea with the Champions League. We’d never live it down. Given the cunts enough good days out in it since it opened. Heck even if it was City or Liverpool.
I've never heard of a single fan complain about this (other than Spurs fans).

It's been played at:
Porto's home
Benfica's home
Atleti's home
Dynamo Kyiv's home
Milan and Inter's home
Hertha Berlin's home
Bayern's home
Real Madrid's home
Roma's home
CSKA's home

Not once has the Club's ground seen their Club win at their place. That's just the last 10yrs, the list is endless.

I've never heard of a single fan complain about this (other than Spurs fans).

It's been played at:
Porto's home
Benfica's home
Atleti's home
Dynamo Kyiv's home
Milan and Inter's home
Hertha Berlin's home
Bayern's home
Real Madrid's home
Roma's home
CSKA's home

Not once has the Club's ground seen their Club win at their place. That's just the last 10yrs, the list is endless.
Not sure what your point is? We should be happy that Chelsea could win it at our place? I don’t give a f about the teams above

What Dan fails to write in his piece is that his Newspaper in which this is published is owned by Evgeny Lebedev, who is a Russian-British businessman, who owns Lebedev Holdings Ltd, which owns the Evening Standard &The Independent. He is the son of the Russian billionaire oligarch and former KGB agent Alexander Lebedev.

ab534133-lebedev-768x480.jpeg

Two years ago Lebedev was handed a peerage in the House of Lords he took the following title: Baron Lebedev of Hampton in our London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and of Siberia in the Russian Federation.

The 40-year-old – a close friend of Boris Johnson – reportedly had to ask Vladimir Putin for permission to call himself ‘Baron of Siberia’ – a request which, evidently, was granted. He will sit as an independent cross-bencher.

2138.jpg

Given nice little jobs to ex-cabinet ministers with zero experience of actually doing the job....

And this is before we even get into The Russia Report....

John Sweeney gets it. 👍👍👍

Just why is Russia Today ( RT ) still allowed to broadcast in Britain, years after Putin ransacked the BBC's HQ in Moscow, kicked out 200 staff a confiscated all of the computers?

It's still locked up.

Not sure what your point is? We should be happy that Chelsea could win it at our place? I don’t give a f about the teams above
The point is "we" built a £1Billion hot-shit stadium to try to attract the biggest, best talent/£££/eyeballs to the club.

An opportunity to stand-in host the CL final is not going to be scuppered b/c of the possibility that an English club winning the CL in our home may "humiliate" some of our dopey, thin-skinned supporters.

The point is "we" built a £1Billion hot-shit stadium to try to attract the biggest, best talent/£££/eyeballs to the club.

An opportunity to stand-in host the CL final is not going to be scuppered b/c of the possibility that an English club winning the CL in our home may "humiliate" some of our dopey, thin-skinned supporters.
Relax.

Nobody here is saying that the clubs plans to host the Champions League is going to be scuppered by the fans hopes of it not happening lol.

Just saying that as a London based fan who has to put up with Chelsea fans on a regular basis, I'd rather not have them have that in the locker. They've already won nearly every game against us in our new stadium I don't want them winning the biggest trophy in club football in our own backyard. Same goes for Liverpool and Man City, who every year they play us would have a storyline about winning it at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

If Bayern, PSG, Madrid, whoever else wins it there I couldn't care less. Just not English clubs, who are currently favourites.

No need for the insults dude.

I think it's time the multinational governing bodies in sports needs fully independent control committees separated from the organisations with full right to sanction within the governing bodies. Like WADA or something. The committees will have full supervision over finance, decisions and personell.

I know the organisations has so-called independant commitees now, but it is clearly not working.

Last edited:
John Sweeney gets it. 👍👍👍
I don't like him as a reporter if I'm honest, it's a stylistic thing more than anything else, I feel his reports that he's filed over the years are as much about him than the subject matter, also I'll never forget the meltdown of his when he persued the Scientologists but if I can push these to one side, he's like a dog with a bone, which is kinda what you want from a reporter. He has a special dislike for Putin and has been on his tail for years. Which is all good in my book.

Relax.

Nobody here is saying that the clubs plans to host the Champions League is going to be scuppered by the fans hopes of it not happening lol.

Just saying that as a London based fan who has to put up with Chelsea fans on a regular basis, I'd rather not have them have that in the locker. They've already won nearly every game against us in our new stadium I don't want them winning the biggest trophy in club football in our own backyard. Same goes for Liverpool and Man City, who every year they play us would have a storyline about winning it at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

If Bayern, PSG, Madrid, whoever else wins it there I couldn't care less. Just not English clubs, who are currently favourites.

Just do like the rest of us do and tell any Chav supporter you may know the truth...

That they are and always will be greased-up <removed>s and all of their success is b/c a dirty, international crime syndicate-backed Kleptocrat/Oligarch bought the club and flooded it with money stolen from the people of the former Soviet Union and various post-Soviet states.

Last edited:
Just why is Russia Today ( RT ) still allowed to broadcast in Britain, years after Putin ransacked the BBC's HQ in Moscow, kicked out 200 staff a confiscated all of the computers?

It's still locked up.
It shouldn’t but Off Com is reviewing it’s licence

Relax.

Tbf, City never win at NWHL…

Back
Top Bottom