FIFA + UEFA & Putin's grubby cash. What will happen?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

someone on twitter supposedly tracking Abramovic's plane en route from Nice to The Motherland.

The oligarchs, however much they have tried to wash their ill gotten gains into safe western businesses, must know that they only hold their wealth with Putin's blessing. As soon as they don't do his bidding, they know what the outcome would be.

I know it won't happen, but Russia must be kicked out of all international sporting competition effective immediately, as far as football is concerned, their national team must be kicked out of World Cup Qualifying, banned from the next UEFA European Championships and any remaining club sides removed from the CL, EL & ECL.

What Russia has done today goes beyond sport, and as far as I'm concerned they should be made an international pariah on all levels.

It'll be the pressure, nothing else. Sport long ago sold itself to the likes of Russia and the Middle East. All sports.
Writing was on the wall when Sky offered us football
“And it’s live”!!!

I embraced it but football as I once knew and loved it has changed forever

Unless there’s universal condemnation. (UEFA, FIFA, IOC, FA, AFCON etc) then there’s too much wriggle room. I don’t know how there even a conversation about this?

True, you don’t want to punish the population for the actions of the state, but that’s where we are. If Russia is going to be an ‘international pariah’, then this is a vital step on the path.

The simple answer is that FIFA and UEFA should ban Russia and Russian clubs from any fixtures organised by either of them.

And follow Schalke's lead by banning advertising of any sort of any Russian owned company whether around the ground or on shirts - and require all member associations (including PL) to do the same with any club affiliated to it (such as Chelsea) as 'they are bringing the game in disrepute' or whatever other appropriate reason is in their power.

Starting with Chelski. Funded entirely by Russian money and a known ally of Putin.

And make him subject to an 'Unexplained Wealth Order' - the reason I understand Abramovitch withdrew his application for a UK visa as he probably knew he would have a problem with it

Think it would be good if Israel and Portugal cancelled his citizenship of both countries.

Back
Top Bottom