Final home game of the season vs Southampton. 08 May, 1330KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It might just be the sunshine and beer... but I'm rating WAY more of these posts "FUNNY" than I normally would....

LOVE YOU ALL....
see y'all in The Brickies or The Park Lane later... whichever comes first!!

COME ON YOOOOOOOU SPUUUUURS!

giphy.gif

That's the joke!!

Garden lovely at B&H great atmosphere

Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose. Dier, Mason. Lamela, Eriksen, Son. Kane

Strongest available team, easily.

Forster
Martina - van Dijk - Fonte - Bertrand
Wanyama
Davis - Clyne
Mane - Long - Tadic
Southampton unchanged

Point of contention, if we win 1 out of the 2 games left we'll have 73 pts - our highest ever total was 72 pts under AVB when we finished the season 5th - does this mean the league is easier or harder?

Hope the lads do us proud today and secure that 2nd spot. Was meant to be at the game but done my ankle in and am on crutches so had to give my ticket away. Gutted.

Point of contention, if we win 1 out of the 2 games left we'll have 72 pts - our highest ever total was 73 pts under AVB when we finished the season 5th - does this mean the league is easier or harder?
There has been much more even distribution of points this year owning to the weaker top four and a stronger league across the board. The new TV money has enabled smaller clubs to compete a little better.

What it shows is just how much of a grip the money teams had on the top a few years ago. Now that there is more money for other sides I think those days are not going to be as frequently.

Plus, our total under AVB was 72. 73 would have seen us on equal points with the scum (albeit still behind on GD). The different between us and second that year was 6 points. We could yet finish the season with 76 points, and if we did that we'd be two points behind the team that finished in 2nd that year (City). So I don't think the gap is huge.

I think anyone who claims it's been an easy year is probably talking our of their arse. Yes it's been easier up and around the top four because of a weaker Man U, Chealsea, City and Scum, but you still have to win points to be up there...and the fact is that the smaller teams are now stronger than the once were (with the exception of Villa of course). Overall the difference isn't huge. But I do think we need to make one or two key investments this summer to ensure that we are stronger next season just in case the top four becomes harder to break into again.

sing up guys, first PL match ever I've tried and then failed to get tickets for. Forgot to log in early enough and then tortured by the donut of doom for 3 hours.

I don't dare look up the stats to see when we last beat a decent team without the Moose.

There has been much more even distribution of points this year owning to the weaker top four and a stronger league across the board. The new TV money has enabled smaller clubs to compete a little better.

What it shows is just how much of a grip the money teams had on the top a few years ago. Now that there is more money for other sides I think those days are not going to be as frequently.

Plus, our total under AVB was 72. 73 would have seen us on equal points with the scum (albeit still behind on GD). The different between us and second that year was 6 points. We could yet finish the season with 76 points, and if we did that we'd be two points behind the team that finished in 2nd that year (City). So I don't think the gap is huge.

I think anyone who claims it's been an easy year is probably talking our of their arse. Yes it's been easier up and around the top four because of a weaker Man U, Chealsea, City and Scum, but you still have to win points to be up there...and the fact is that the smaller teams are now stronger than the once were (with the exception of Villa of course). Overall the difference isn't huge. But I do think we need to make one or two key investments this summer to ensure that we are stronger next season just in case the top four becomes harder to break into again.
Yeah, I did correct the 72/73 confusion.

Defences seem to have stiffened up, the goals to game ratio is a bit lower than then. I'd say three investments if we're going to build on this season as I think we should be looking to do.

sing up guys, first PL match ever I've tried and then failed to get tickets for. Forgot to log in early enough and then tortured by the donut of doom for 3 hours.

I don't dare look up the stats to see when we last beat a decent team without the Moose.
When we beat Swansea 2-1, it wasn't pretty, required Chadli and Danny Rose.

Back
Top Bottom