Financial Results - Year Ended 30 June 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What evidence would I need? It's a matter of public record that Levy originally made comments re the intention to sell the stadium naming rights. Various members of Tottenham management team have, over the years, commented on the work underway to do just that.

Are you denying Tottenham have not been trying to sell the naming rights? (they may or may not still be - everyone has their price).

The amounts Levy was seeking were widely reported. Correctly or not. In any event, do you think his behaviour on pretty much all player transfers is indicative of a man who overvalues his assets or not?

This doesn't answer my question, do you have any evidence that he's asked for too much money in negotiating for the naming rights, yes or no and if yes then post me an article/link/tweet or something which isn't conjecture or speculation.

Further to this which transfers in particular do you think he's asked for 'too much' money because I can easily point out players that he's let go for cheap or free transfers - if that's your evidence by the way then lol

Last edited:
Announcing “talks with investors” seems a little transparent. I don’t believe a word of it and even if we did receive “investment”, you’re laughing if you think that means top quality players being brought in.

At best it’ll cover what ENIC currently allocate to transfers with the rest going towards the new hotel we’ve just received planning permission for.

Yeah I think you’re probably right. Sounds like them.

"Levy’s pay increased by £316,000 to £3.581m for the year ending June 2023, up from £3.265m for the previous 12 months, while the total earned by Spurs’ directors was £9.07m, up a significant £3.221m from £5.849m in 2022."

"Levy was also paid a £3m bonus over the course of the year, taking his total earnings to £6.581m, despite him facing significant unrest from supporters during a dismal 2022-23 campaign"

Directors and Levy are doing well I see.
This is our trophy

This is what makes it all worthwhile

Party at my place everyone

Woop Woop

Good Old Daniel says we can "now optimise the true value of key assets". He'll never know how much that phrase warms my heart.
I've supported Spurs for 65 years just so I could optimise the true value of key assets. I want that on my tombstone - "He optimised the true value of key assets."
I'm gonna get it printed on a shirt

I'm gonna get it printed on a shirt
Group buy?

QsyENCh.png

Last edited:
In 5 years we'll be in the same position having the same arguments. And the people on enic and Levy’s side will still be saying the same thing talking about revenue and hosting events instead of the lack of success on the pitch.

Which by its very nature means it’s time for new owners. It needs freshening up. We can’t still be going round in circles then.

But we lose the benefit of 'Tottenham Hotspur Stadium' being broadcast to millions of people worldwide for NFL, rugby, boxing plus Spurs matches - and that translates into higher sponsorship deals, more music concerts etc.

There are plenty of expert marketing forms who will do the match and work out whether £20m pa is worthwhile or whether not taking up a naming rights deal and having 'Tottenham Hotspur stadium ' mentioned on broadcasts with higher other revenue streams is worthwhile - and the fact a naming rights deal has not been done suggests its not particularly advantageous
Ask Ange what he prefers - extra 200M to spend this summer or a long term advantageous marketing return

Some of our idiotic fans descent perpetual piss taking. Fucking cuckold balance sheet scum

This is a brilliantly unintentionally funny thread.

Takeaways from the financial reports:

EBITDA of 138 million is up -25% year-on-year. Will drop no doubt in the next returns because of lack of European football. I doubt anyone will report such positive results (City from Treble-winning revenue perhaps?)

The stadium is an absolute cash cow — even on non match days. You can scoff at go-karts and NFL matches but they’re increasing our bottom line immensely. The stadium debt ( 3.1% @20 year avg ) isn’t a drag at all.

Our wages/revenue ratio is still the lowest in the EPL. If Tottenham is intent on improving the squad, it must go up. Having said that, it will go up regardless as our reported revenue will fall at the end of this year as we’ve had no European football. 2024 will be an interesting percentage.

If I turned in these kind of financial results, I would probably get a £3m bonus too.

This is a brilliantly unintentionally funny thread.

Takeaways from the financial reports:

EBITDA of 138 million is up -25% year-on-year. Will drop no doubt in the next returns because of lack of European football. I doubt anyone will report such positive results (City from Treble-winning revenue perhaps?)

The stadium is an absolute cash cow — even on non match days. You can scoff at go-karts and NFL matches but they’re increasing our bottom line immensely. The stadium debt ( 3.1% @20 year avg ) isn’t a drag at all.

Our wages/revenue ratio is still the lowest in the EPL. If Tottenham is intent on improving the squad, it must go up. Having said that, it will go up regardless as our reported revenue will fall at the end of this year as we’ve had no European football. 2024 will be an interesting percentage.

If I turned in these kind of financial results, I would probably get a £3m bonus too.
This financial stuff is always confusing. A lot of the loss is just on
paper with player amortisation. Also 72m per year off the stadium
If we get CL place plenty of scope for a few judicious signings.
300m of players signings in those results. Even incl Romero as he was on loan for his first season. Only paid in 2022. Deki ,also in that after his loan spell.

And is the loss actually a loss, or is it just down on what it could have been.
Like, if I don't get an annual bonus this year, I haven't made a loss. I just didn't get what I got last year, is that what's actually being said here?
Because I can't understand how a business stays open if they make less money than they spend to that extent.

Well... you see...

Profit =/= money.

You build 1,5 bn EUR stadium.
You amortize it fully with 25 years.
Yearly amortization 60 mEUR.
It is not money going out, it is accounting calculation.

Same goes for players. For example Kane - brought him up from academy, only incurred running costs (not capitalized) = his sale is 100% profit, so in this instance money=profit. But if we sign Rodon for 10 mil, have amortized his balance sheet value to maybe 6 mEUR but sell him to Leeds in summer for 16 mEUR, then we get in 16 mEUR of MONEY but make 10 mEUR of PROFIT.

Back
Top Bottom