Financial Results - Year Ended 30 June 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know Levy got a 3m bonus for completing the stadium in 2019, but what is the latest bonus for, any idea .
Perspective is everything and Because he can? Does he deserve it ?...no fan of his whatsoever but in his defence he lives and breaths thfc sometimes working up to 18 hour days 7 days a week.
I dare say ange earns far more than him and he Still doesnt earn as much as the best paid players who are mostly brain challenged and can fuck off when they like it seems for another pay day.

Last edited:
Perspective is everything and Because he can? Does he deserve it ?...no fan of his whatsoever but in his defence he lives and breaths thfc sometimes working up to 18 hour days 7 days a week.
I dare say ange earns far more than him and he Still doesnt earn as much as the best paid players who are mostly brain challenged and can fuck off when they like it seems for another pay day.

Steady, you ain't gonna be popular around these parts with posts like this, be prepared for the ENIC shill/Levy bot accusations 😎

Not seen the actual accounts yet but there are a number of questions I would like to get answers to.
1 Debt up. If this is money owed for players that is fine but not other spending
2 I could sort of justify Levy getting a bonus during the rebuild but what was last years bonus for? We had a bad season and no bonuses should have been given
3 I understand depreciation, player amortisation and tax pushed the operating profit into a loss but would like to see the actual figures as Tax is a real expense and not accounting.
4 No details of whether the Men's earnings subsidising the women's or whether the women are self funding? Surely they should be separate.

He shouldn’t need a salary. He owns c20% of the club which has grown from being worth around 6M to 1BN. Why the fuck does he need a salary x2 more than his peers when he’s sitting on that

CEO of my company earns about twice as much as Levy yet the revenue is x20 higher - he also doesn’t own a 25% stake

Mate I've been called everything from nazi, to geobels to baby killer on here even my poor little rescue dog has been insulted and been accused of being a rascist.

Not as bad as being called a Levy bot

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

He shouldn’t need a salary. He owns c20% of the club which has grown from being worth around 6M to 1BN. Why the fuck does he need a salary x2 more than his peers when he’s sitting on that

CEO of my company earns about twice as much as Levy yet the revenue is x20 higher - he also doesn’t own a 25% stake
Why the fuck shouldn't he take a salary as c.e.o

Not seen the actual accounts yet but there are a number of questions I would like to get answers to.
1 Debt up. If this is money owed for players that is fine but not other spending
2 I could sort of justify Levy getting a bonus during the rebuild but what was last years bonus for? We had a bad season and no bonuses should have been given
3 I understand depreciation, player amortisation and tax pushed the operating profit into a loss but would like to see the actual figures as Tax is a real expense and not accounting.
4 No details of whether the Men's earnings subsidising the women's or whether the women are self funding? Surely they should be separate.

re 4 Womens football is subsidised as their revenues are too small - same with all the womens teams as far as I understand it. Think of it as launching a business - it takes time to build up a paying fan base, paying sponsorships etc and that will continue for a few years. The subsidy isn't huge in the grand scheme of things, although its probably a million or more, so its irksome but its a strategy clearly put forward at FA/PL level.

There is a separate subsidiary for womens football, Companies House are probably a few days behind in loading company accounts sent to it so here is last years' accounts https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/...c29dc223dd38bec2c31136958ab802222ffdcaf599a76

Last edited:
Well... you see...

Profit =/= money.

You build 1,5 bn EUR stadium.
You amortize it fully with 25 years.
Yearly amortization 60 mEUR.
It is not money going out, it is accounting calculation.

Same goes for players. For example Kane - brought him up from academy, only incurred running costs (not capitalized) = his sale is 100% profit, so in this instance money=profit. But if we sign Rodon for 10 mil, have amortized his balance sheet value to maybe 6 mEUR but sell him to Leeds in summer for 16 mEUR, then we get in 16 mEUR of MONEY but make 10 mEUR of PROFIT.
Not quite the right terminology.

Amortization applies to players contracts as they are intangible assets. They are simple as they amortize equally each year for the duration of the contract.

Fixed assets like stadiums are depreciated. And aren't necessarily done equally year by year. New cars would be best using diminishing cost as their value drops at a greater rate early on. Dare say our stadium would be straight line without checking.

The amortization calculations you had on player transfers is correct though. Hence why Chelsea seem keen to sell us Gallagher. Pure profits.

Does Levy deserve his £6m more than Ndombele or Lo Celso?
Levy's base salary is IMO fair enough. It might be a bit big , haven't looked into the benchmarking, but clearly being CEO of THFC is a big job that you need a competent person for, and it merits a 7 figure salary.

The thing that irks is his bonus, precisely because our onfield performance has been shite. 2023 was a year in which we were humbled in CL and finished 8th in the league. Did the usual pant-soiling in the domestic cups also.

It suggests the metrics behind his bonus are overly biased towards financial and not performances - the logic no doubt being AP's are performance biased. But the purpose of the club isn't to make a profit, it's to play entertaining and winning football

Levy's base salary is IMO fair enough. It might be a bit big , haven't looked into the benchmarking, but clearly being CEO of THFC is a big job that you need a competent person for, and it merits a 7 figure salary.

The thing that irks is his bonus, precisely because our onfield performance has been shite. 2023 was a year in which we were humbled in CL and finished 8th in the league. Did the usual pant-soiling in the domestic cups also.

It suggests the metrics behind his bonus are overly biased towards financial and not performances - the logic no doubt being AP's are performance biased. But the purpose of the club isn't to make a profit, it's to play entertaining and winning football

How do you know he doesn't have a trophy bonus as well?

More speculation 😆

It suggests the metrics behind his bonus are overly biased towards financial and not performances
Isn’t that the case for most, if not all, CEOs?
For any for-profit company, financial performance is the most important metric.

For the last company I worked for, the largest part of my bonus was tied to the company’s profitability with lip service for DEI, eco-friendliness , accidents in the workplace and other requirements.

Isn’t that the case for most, if not all, CEOs?
For any for-profit company, financial performance is the most important metric.

For the last company I worked for, the largest part of my bonus was tied to the company’s profitability with lip service for DEI, sustainability, accidents in the workplace and other requirements.
But a football club IS different to purely commercial organisations. The ultimate aim of the club is not to make money, that is a means to the ultimate aim, which is to provide entertainment and success onfield. Financial success should of course be an important element in Levy's bonus. So should footballing success.

No doubt "shadydan" will be along soon to decry this as "more speculation" on my part.

But I think supporting a club is somewhat different to choosing which brand of washing tabs to buy.

And FWIW that distinction is recognised officially by HMG also - hence the football regulator being established.

Back
Top Bottom