Football Documentaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched the Campbell doco where he says he would have captained England had he not been black.

I couldn't give a fuck who plays for England. And I can forgive him for v leaving us cos we were an utter shambles during that period. But joining them, when he could have gone any where else. Cunt.

Not exactly full blown documentaries. But the Bundesliga produce excellent little factoid videos for their youtube channel

Players, coaches, tactics, you name it. I wish the PL could do something similar

I might give this one a swerve. Although I bet it's probably a decent watch, hope it goes to iPlayer for a catch-up.

I actually don't mind Dalglish, quality footballer and great competitor, probably the only Liverpool player I don't mind from that era (but an absolute weapon as a Manager). As a kid I thought Keegan was alright too, although even in my tender years his adverts and ham acting were so fucking annoying, the Green Cross Code and Brute ones that particularly stick in the memory. Greatest moment of his has to be falling off his bike in Superstars, couldn't even ride a bike, lol. (ahh, the mighty Brian Jacks).
What ever happened to Brian jacks? He rocked up our school once and got his photo taken with every kid must have been about 300 kids:dembelelol:

Bring Me the Head of Diego Maradona

45 minute documentary on his career. Interviews with plenty of key figures, such as Villa, Ardiles, Lineker, Pele, and the man himself.

Very interesting, and makes me view him in a very different light. Apparently during the early stages of his career he threatened to retire if he wasn’t allowed to join Sunderland!

There seemed to be the view that Maradona’s status in Argentina was defined by context (beating England in that manner after the Falklands) and that Messi could win two world cups and still not be considered the greatest by Argentines. Oddly enough, before the ‘86 World Cup he hadn’t played international football for 3 years, and wasn’t particularly rated by his own fans. When he was made captain there was a very negative reaction.

Well worth a watch.

That supporters group is fantastic. Would love something like that at Spurs, I'm talking specifically about the organisation of banners, flags etc. Somewhere for them to be invented, created and kept safe. No shop bought handkerchief sized plastic shit left on your seat. What's relevant here is they have only just moved into a brand new stadium themselves, they too have a single tier South Stand that they have embraced and made their own by bringing their personality to it.

I'm not even talking about tifo displays, just some good old fashioned creativity, colour and independent thought and some organisation. Make it easy for everything to be kept close to the ground. Seeing as the club are now actively promoting fans to get into the stadium a couple of hours before a game, there really is no excuse for them not to have some putting up banners before a game.
I also like that it is a supporter group that is actively working to not have any sort of negative influence within itself. Doing what it can to eliminate racist, fascist and other negatives influences within the group.

There are still most likely Marseille fans who are dickheads but the official supporter group being openly anti-racism and anti-fasc is a good thing that will make new fans feel welcome.

Back
Top Bottom