Football Documentaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I suggested my son watch the Damned United the other night, he was born 1989 so missed the Clough Taylor era, he very much enjoyed it. Sheen was incredible in the film. Glad I'm not a Derby County fan or I would have been done for murdering the Chairman for accepting their resignations.

Is that the G Best film that was on at the BFI a year or so ago? Very good if so.

(Not really "documentaries" per se but couldn't think of anywhere else to put this).

I wonder if anyone on here has ever seen this series on YouTube called On The Road?

It's by a Spurs fan who goes by the YouTube name of Smiv, basically he goes to grounds around the country from Premier League to non-league and rates their atmosphere, facilities, food & drink and value for money.

He's been to over 100 different grounds over the last few years, but the video above was his visit to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on opening day.

Last edited:
- Once in a lifetime: the extraordinary story of the New York Cosmos (I haven't watched it in a while but it's a great overlook of how the Cosmos made soccer fashionable in the States for a while, with some interviews from former players describing how good their life was for just playing on the same pitch as Beckenbauer, Pele etc).

- Argentina Futbol Club (about the rivalry between Boca Juniors and River Plate in Argentina. It doesn't provide a huge history of the fixture, but it really shows on a personal level how much their respective teams means to the fans)

- The Two Escobars (Watch it, watch it now. It shows parallels between Pablo Escobar and the captain of the Columbian national team in the early 90s, Andres Escobar. It also delves deeper into the subject of 'Narco Soccer' which is so fascinating. I couldn't recommend it anymore).

- Football's Greatest (30 minute episodes, profiling the greatest players that have ever played the game. Made by Sky, top quality. Also, have a look at Football's Greatest Managers if you can find them).

Thos are the ones that I can think of at the top of my head. I've seen more but can't necessarily think of them at the moment...

Literally the worst possible preview image.
The Game of their Lives is about the North Korean team at the 1966 World Cup, who caused maybe the biggest upset in football history, and their return visit to Middlesbrough in 2002.
They were the first Asian team to make it to the knock-out stages of a World Cup, and they created an unlikely cultural link between Middlesbrough and the DPRK that still continues.

I suggested my son watch the Damned United the other night, he was born 1989 so missed the Clough Taylor era, he very much enjoyed it. Sheen was incredible in the film. Glad I'm not a Derby County fan or I would have been done for murdering the Chairman for accepting their resignations.

Is that the G Best film that was on at the BFI a year or so ago? Very good if so.

The Damned United film is very good, but the book by David Peace is superb. Much darker.

The Damned United film is very good, but the book by David Peace is superb. Much darker.
Thought the film was excellent, not read the book, will give it a go, cheers Joe.
The film United about the aftermath of the Munich disaster was very good and poignant, David Tennant as assistant manager Jimmy Murphy was superb. Would recommend to anyone with a love of football and history.

It’s not a documentary as such, but a must watch for any spurs fan

Those Glory Glory days is on London Live tonight
I loved that film, what a great time to be a Spurs supporter. I've got it on video somewhere, brings back so many memories. Cathy Murphy who played Tub (see, I can Google! ) was a neighbour of mine when I lived in Ilford and her dad was so proud because he was a Spurs fan. She bought the family a car and new curtains with her fee.

The year of the "Biscione", that is of the snake, one of the symbols of Inter.
img_730221_164735INTER-A3-2-FOGLI-LOGO2.jpg

In that Serie A were the three Germans of Inter (Matthaus, Klinsmann, Bhreme), the three Dutch side of Milan (Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard), Maradona's Napoli, Roberto Baggio's Fiorentina, Vialli's Sampdoria and Mancini.

Back
Top Bottom