Fulham @ Home - 23/10, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would love to see us gone on and ganes by scoring 3,4,5 goals. I think only one game v Burnley we have scored more than2. Needs to be addressed as against better teams we may need to score more to win if we also let in a few. Few games where we not finished off great moves.

That's actually been a common thing across the journey with Postecoglou teams going way back. No criticism on him as clearly his systems create the opportunities- this is his job- but for whatever reason the players miss way too many of the chances- which is their job. I've put it down to the lack of top shelf player quality in the past.

I don't think the football was good to watch at all in the 2nd half. I don't know if it looked different on TV, but in the flesh, I felt like we spent large portions without the ball and when we got it, we promptly gave it away again.
In fact, despite the utter control we had in the first half, we were often too slow with the ball.

We just look far more capable of winning almost every game we play at the moment, which in itself is good to watch.
Spot on it was like that on TV. First at times too slow allowed Fulham time to get everyone back. MADDs is the only one who tries to hurry things. Cuti is often at walking pace.

The drop off came before the subs tbh, we were starting to get sloppy. Ange won't be pleased with it but it just felt all over by 55 minutes, although that's never properly true in the premier league. Also another game coming up in 4 days, possibly a subconscious easing off.

GLC and Johnson both coming in from injuries and into a match which already lost its tempo, I'm not going to get too harsh on either of them.
Especially after the weekend's results... There seemed to be a few 2-2 scorelines that saw comebacks from the away team... (Well, Luton at Forest and the Arse at ¢hel$€a spring to mind)
but it felt like a lead that a better team than Fulham might've clawed back if they got a goal in the 2nd half... 2-0 really IS a dangerous scoreline...

But let's face it, if it wasn't for Richie, (although Son did get in Madison's way) it surely COULD'VE been 3 or even 4... THAT needs to be addressed!

And we’re going to get better and better
I heard Simon Jordan on TS on Tuesday talking about Liverpool/Man City/Arse being the TRUE titie challengers, as we were at our peak level of performance right now, and we're at the top of our performance levels...
...whereas the other clubs below us were still getting up to speed, and had several gears to move up to this season...

WTF? This team has literally just been put together!
...apart from Romero & Porro, our defence & 'keeper didn't even know eachother in August!

Our front 3/4 are still getting used to eachother, and working on how best to operate to absorb Kane's departure...

Our entire style and ethos of playing has been revamped, they're still getting used to the new system...

The fact they've hit the ground running and taken on board Ange's philosophy so quickly, is testament to the players AND Ange...

But it in no way means we've PEAKED.... we're still learning the system (as the Fulham game showed), some players will take time to adapt, (as the substitutes proved against Fulham)

...but make no mistake, we still have plenty of room for improvement, and will only get better, and more confident as the season goes on!!

Last edited:
Especially after the weekend's results... There seemed to be a few 2-2 scorelines that saw comebacks from the away team... (Well, Luton at Forest and the Arse at ¢hel$€a spring to mind)
but it felt like a lead that a better team than Fulham might've clawed back if they got a goal in the 2nd half... 2-0 really IS a dangerous scoreline...

But let's face it, if it wasn't for Richie, (although Son did get in Madison's way) it surely COULD'VE been 3 or even 4... THAT needs to be addressed!

I heard Simon Jordan on TS on Tuesday talking about Liverpool/Man City/Arse being the TRUE titie challengers, as we were at our peak level of performance right now, and we're at the top of our performance levels...
...whereas the other clubs below us were still getting up to speed, and had several gears to move up to this season...

WTF? This team has literally just been put together!
...apart from Romero & Porro, our defence & 'keeper didn't even know eachother in August!

Our front 3/4 are still getting used to eachother, and working on how best to operate to absorb Kane's departure...

Our entire style and ethos of playing has been revamped, they're still getting used to the new system...

The fact they've hit the ground running and taken on board Ange's philosophy so quickly, is testament to the players AND Ange...

But it in no way means we've PEAKED.... we're still learning the system (as the Fulham game showed), some players will take time to adapt, (as the substitutes proved against Fulham)

...but make no mistake, we still have plenty of room for improvement, and will only get better, and more confident as the season goes on!!

Not convinced SJ watches the games.

He's purely narrative driven and trying to sound like a voice of common sense.

Unless he's talking about owners or hiring and firing managers when he does have something to add, if you actually listen to what he says, he's usually saying fuck all,

Not convinced SJ watches the games.
He's purely narrative driven and trying to sound like a voice of common sense.
Unless he's talking about owners or hiring and firing managers when he does have something to add, if you actually listen to what he says, he's usually saying fuck all,
I've noticed he does tend to rely on the same old catchphrase style sound-bites, to make it appear he knows what he's talking about...

Feels like he uses the phrases; "Have the courage of your convictions" ...and "Throw the baby out with the bathwater" about 10 times an episode!!

Must be sponsored by 'Stock Phrases.com'

I've noticed he does tend to rely on the same old catchphrase style sound-bites, to make it appear he knows what he's talking about...

Feels like he uses the phrases; "Have the courage of your convictions" ...and "Throw the baby out with the bathwater" about 10 times an episode!!

Must be sponsored by 'Stock Phrases.com'
Uses the word narrative a lot

Spot on it was like that on TV. First at times too slow allowed Fulham time to get everyone back. MADDs is the only one who tries to hurry things. Cuti is often at walking pace.
Cuti walking at times while definitely can be frustrating is to draw a player towards him to create space i think

Where’s the Palace thread? I can’t find it

Well it was nice while it lasted, just a bit disappointed that we peaked after 9 games! :mourshock:

Back
Top Bottom