Fulham @ Home - 23/10, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes I suppose tonight he wasn’t very good up against the league leaders but catch him in another match you’ll see what I mean

Tete is the one that usually catches my eye.... He's usually all over the place like a fuckin' rash!

BTW, Fulham finished the game without a single yellow card. LMAO.

Refs have had it in for us all season. Only exception was Liverpool and the gooners. Even then the gooners got away with some seriously dodgy tackles.

Even against Luton, Biss's yellow for diving was a joke, can't remember the last time a second yellow for diving was given in this league.
Anthony Taylor was a joke all night

So...... Despite being a bit dirty last night.....
Fulham walked away without a single yellow card being shown to them.

Hmmmmm I wonder how many Premier League matches they've played this season where they haven't got a single yellow card.......

After all, they got four yellows and a red when they played Woolwich.

And four yellows when they played Man City

Pereira got an early yellow when they played against Chelsea.......

So they regularly pick up yellow cards and have done in every premier league game they've played this season.

But of course - Last night was the first time all season that not one single Fulham player got carded in a match.

First time for everything I suppose..... But it's interesting.

So...... Despite being a bit dirty last night.....
Fulham walked away without a single yellow card being shown to them.

Hmmmmm I wonder how many Premier League matches they've played this season where they haven't got a single yellow card.......

After all, they got four yellows and a red when they played Woolwich.

And four yellows when they playe Man City

Pereira got an early yellow Vs Chelsea

So they regularly pick up yellow cards EVERY GAME THIS SEASON.

But of course - Last night was the first time all season that not one single Fulham player got carded in a match.

First time for everything I suppose..... But it's interesting.

The balance of cards in a few of our games has felt utterly ridiculous......

Brentford & Sheff U for starters.

The balance of cards in a few of our games has felt utterly ridiculous......

Brentford & Sheff U for starters.
It's another area where influence can be exerted..

Yeah yeah..... I know "he deserved it"

But has any other player other than Bissouma received a second yellow for diving this season?

Pretty sure not

Last edited:
Those goals tonight were basically how the dippers get all theirs

Press like maniacs get it to the front 3 in a pass or 2

Hope we’ve clocked on to that
Yes we need to do that more consistently. Seems like best way to create good openings. When trying to build from the back if we don’t move it quick enough we find it tough to get through. It’s ok v teams like goons who put a lot of players in forward positions. However teams like Fulham will drop back into their own half. Hence need to move ball much quicker.

The thing is, last year they were all spanking themselves silly that Woolwich would win the league for 95% of the season. They’d virtually crowned them champions by Christmas, so I’m not too worried about them being disparaging about us.

If we beat Palace and go 5 points clear then the narrative will change somewhat. They’ll bash us for it despite none of us getting too carried away.

Yet carragher actually nailed it in the post match chat where he actually said that spurs fans and the club aren’t getting carried away with being too, they’re just excited by the football again for the first time in ages. Basically what 99% of spurs fans have been saying.

I'm not saying that.

I'm saying we'll win the league...probably have it wrapped up by mid-March.

Good first half, second half not so good.
I still felt uncomfortable at 2-0, maybe that's just because it's us, and I was crying out for a third goal.
I'm very happy with our first eleven and a few of the squad players, especially if Richie can find some form. When we're on our game, we shouldn't fear anyone.

Good first half, second half not so good.
I still felt uncomfortable at 2-0, maybe that's just because it's us, and I was crying out for a third goal.
I'm very happy with our first eleven and a few of the squad players, especially if Richie can find some form. When we're on our game, we shouldn't fear anyone.
If Richie can find his scoring boots fairly soon…..

It's another area where influence can be exerted..

Yeah yeah..... I know "he deserved it"

But has any other player other than Bissouma received a second yellow for diving this season?

Pretty sure not
Stupid to dive as even if you fool the ref, VAR would rule out the penalty. Hope he has learnt his lesson.

BTW, Fulham finished the game without a single yellow card. LMAO.

Refs have had it in for us all season. Only exception was Liverpool and the gooners. Even then the gooners got away with some seriously dodgy tackles.

Even against Luton, Biss's yellow for diving was a joke, can't remember the last time a second yellow for diving was given in this league.
Paulinha could easily (and should) have been sent off for way over the top challenges. And that Decordova-Reid.

The thing is, last year they were all spanking themselves silly that Woolwich would win the league for 95% of the season. They’d virtually crowned them champions by Christmas, so I’m not too worried about them being disparaging about us.

If we beat Palace and go 5 points clear then the narrative will change somewhat. They’ll bash us for it despite none of us getting too carried away.

Yet carragher actually nailed it in the post match chat where he actually said that spurs fans and the club aren’t getting carried away with being too, they’re just excited by the football again for the first time in ages. Basically what 99% of spurs fans have been saying.
Whatever happens from now on, we've committed the cardinal sin of being top for a while... So ANYTHING other than us winning the league will have them reverting back to the oh so lazy and tired; 'Spursy Bottlers' tag come May...

We've made a rod for their own backs!

Just gonna have to win da ting now!!

Whatever happens from now on, we've committed the cardinal sin of being top for a while... So ANYTHING other than us winning the league will have them reverting back to the oh so lazy and tired; 'Spursy Bottlers' tag come May...

We've made a rod for their own backs!

Just gonna have to win da ting now!!

Of course but it isnt leading it for 95% of the season and bottling it at the last minute. Although knowing the gooners they wont be able to differentiate.

Of course but it isnt leading it for 95% of the season and bottling it at the last minute. Although knowing the gooners they wont be able to differentiate.
NO, that doesn't count... They win the 95% League Trophy, remember?

Whatever happens from hereon in, they'll find SOMETHING to throw at us!

Desperate fucks.... They're SO rattled!

Only thing to worry about Is when we attack down the left, we seem so open on the right. Way to much space
That is bcos porro then goes in field too much and has to run out to the side to get close to the player. Probably needs working on. Plus don’t think kulu really presses. Let’s players go past him to east.

The drop off came before the subs tbh, we were starting to get sloppy. Ange won't be pleased with it but it just felt all over by 55 minutes, although that's never properly true in the premier league. Also another game coming up in 4 days, possibly a subconscious easing off.

GLC and Johnson both coming in from injuries and into a match which already lost its tempo, I'm not going to get too harsh on either of them.
Would love to see us gone on and ganes by scoring 3,4,5 goals. I think only one game v Burnley we have scored more than2. Needs to be addressed as against better teams we may need to score more to win if we also let in a few. Few games where we not finished off great moves.

Back
Top Bottom