Fulham @ Home - 23/10, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Enjoyed last night.
The atmosphere was good,though the fella in the seat next door to me said it had been better at other games.
Should have been a 4-niller rather than two,but 3points is the important thing. Liking our defence,and loving that I know we can be a better team than that,yet we are still unbeaten and top.
Happy as a pig in Woolwich
COYS

Enjoyed last night.
The atmosphere was good,though the fella in the seat next door to me said it had been better at other games.
Should have been a 4-niller rather than two,but 3points is the important thing. Liking our defence,and loving that I know we can be a better team than that,yet we are still unbeaten and top.
COYS

Compared to the Conte era the atmosphere was excellent. It wasn't as good as vs the Dippers or Sheff U but that's because they were different scenarios so comparisons are a bit pointless.

Glad we got the win for you.

At times last night I thought we pissed about with too much tippy tappy football trying to walk the ball into the net when somebody should have just taken a shot.

Apart from that though, all good. We won and that's what matters.

...and I still think Richarlison will erupt at some point and score a bag full. Just needs a little luck.

Compared to the Conte era the atmosphere was excellent. It wasn't as good as vs the Dippers or Sheff U but that's because they were different scenarios so comparisons are a bit pointless.

I enjoyed it. Sorry I didn't make the coach,by the time I hit the high road,my mate was settled in the brewers with a pint for me. So had to go there.

The narrative on Sky is fucking attrocious.

Before the game Dave Jones was like "Spurs fell to fourth after leading at the international break" when we hadn't fucking played lol.

Alan Smith commentating again for us, and during the game "Spurs aren't going to win the title, they should finish 4th or 5th.

Now, most of us don't think we will win the league. All of us hope we can win the league. We mostly have concerns over both our depth, and losing either or both of Son and Madders.

Yet, only 8 teams have had this many points after 9 games. Four won the league. Three finished second. One third. That's 50% chance of winning, 50% chance of top 3. Now by my maths that's not fourth or fifth. Never get the credit. Each week that goes by those odds of winning the league are increasing. And we don't have midweek football to fuck us this time.

Bring on Palace. Come on you fucking Spurs.

At times last night I thought we pissed about with too much tippy tappy football trying to walk the ball into the net when somebody should have just taken a shot.

Apart from that though, all good. We won and that's what matters.

...and I still think Richarlison will erupt at some point and score a bag full. Just needs a little luck.
We were taking the piss way too much with that, was almost tearing my remaining hair out at times, I wonder if it's a hangover from Ange's time in Scotland, he's got the players trying to work a level of opening that just isn't going to happen at this level?

I'm pretty sure if that is the case though he'll adapt and get them taking shots earlier before long, seems a bit strange though given that the first couple of pre-season games they seemed to have been instructed almost to shoot on sight.

The narrative on Sky is fucking attrocious.

Before the game Dave Jones was like "Spurs fell to fourth after leading at the international break" when we hadn't fucking played lol.

Alan Smith commentating again for us, and during the game "Spurs aren't going to win the title, they should finish 4th or 5th.

Now, most of us don't think we will win the league. All of us hope we can win the league. We mostly have concerns over both our depth, and losing either or both of Son and Madders.

Yet, only 8 teams have had this many points after 9 games. Four won the league. Three finished second. One third. That's 50% chance of winning, 50% chance of top 3. Now by my maths that's not fourth or fifth. Never get the credit. Each week that goes by those odds of winning the league are increasing. And we don't have midweek football to fuck us this time.

Bring on Palace. Come on you fucking Spurs.

The thing is, last year they were all spanking themselves silly that Woolwich would win the league for 95% of the season. They’d virtually crowned them champions by Christmas, so I’m not too worried about them being disparaging about us.

If we beat Palace and go 5 points clear then the narrative will change somewhat. They’ll bash us for it despite none of us getting too carried away.

Yet carragher actually nailed it in the post match chat where he actually said that spurs fans and the club aren’t getting carried away with being too, they’re just excited by the football again for the first time in ages. Basically what 99% of spurs fans have been saying.

The thing is, last year they were all spanking themselves silly that Woolwich would win the league for 95% of the season. They’d virtually crowned them champions by Christmas, so I’m not too worried about them being disparaging about us.

If we beat Palace and go 5 points clear then the narrative will change somewhat. They’ll bash us for it despite none of us getting too carried away.

Yet carragher actually nailed it in the post match chat where he actually said that spurs fans and the club aren’t getting carried away with being too, they’re just excited by the football again for the first time in ages. Basically what 99% of spurs fans have been saying.
The Leicester and Chelsea seasons under Poch have taught me not to get carried away, but the Leicester season showed that the apple cart can be upset.

As annoying as no European footie is, we have that advantage this time. Let's see how advantageous it is. And dream. I'm just excited and hopeful and it's been a long time since I can genuinely say that.

Enjoyed last night.
COYS

95+ minute winners do that to an atmosphere!
I think the most noticeable thing was complacency in both the atmosphere, and at times in the 2nd half, on the pitch...

Luckily, Ange has noticed it, and I'm sure will stamp that out ... YES it was 'only' Fulham, but it was 'only' Sheffield Utd when they came here, and look how long it took us to beat them!

no room for complacency!

Anyone here in London get the metro? No mention of our game last night.
Is this normal for the Monday game?
It's alright, it's not a conspiracy... The 1st edition Metro rarely, if ever carries the late game, as mostly have an 11pm printing deadline...

If I'm not mistaken, I'm sure the 1st editions don't even carry things like General Election results as they come in so late...

Get the evening edition tonight, it'll be in that one for sure!
...and make sure you open the back pages for ALL to see!!

Last edited:
Madison looking for him all the time

(Number 10 in defense looking to pass to the LB in the number 10 position...fuck knows how it works but it does)
It happened twice in 2 minutes in the first half and it totally opened the game up. You can only play that way when your team is so comfortable on the ball. Brilliant

Back
Top Bottom