Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chill, folks...we'll make it to the 5th round of the FA Cup and lose honorably to Plymouth away. Cue "We go again" post on the club's Insta, with a beautiful pic of the lads giving it their all at the gym

Steady on old chap....

Is that cos the England Womens' team are too busy doing their nails and lippy, and clothes shopping...?

I think the 1970's want their opinion back!

There's probably quite a few league teams who would struggle against them!!!

The Redknapp NLD when Sandro had a mare and the goons ripped the advertising hoardings down for me

Any loss against that shower annoys me but if our manager at the time deliberately fields a weakened side then he doesn’t understand us!

Bringing Scarlett on at half time suggested to me that ange didn’t give a toss about winning last night especially with Maddison and son sat on the bench
Maybe, just maybe Ange was fooled by the Barca game? Where we put on a more than decent performance with our second string!

We knew otherwise, now Ange know too!

Just bad it had to cost us 1 of the 2 chances we had at a trophy

...and to think, last Saturday afternoon we were all actually CHEERING for Fulham!!

...and THAT'S the thanks we get!
Ungrateful BASTARDS!!

discussion anthony GIF

Bringing Scarlett on at half time suggested to me that ange didn’t give a toss about winning last night especially with Maddison and son sat on the bench
That was my gut reaction to Scarlett but once it became clear that he had brought on a second forward to go 4-4-2 to soak up the Fulham attack I felt convinced that he had made a tactical change to alter the course of the match and, to be fair, it was an effective change.

As I said earlier in the thread, Conte would have done nothing and let us lose 4-0.

Numb to it these days sadly. Ten years ago this would have pissed me off but we've been throwing cup games since Redknapp. Not even angry as I know it doesn't achieve anything :(

Listen to his press conf. Either total BS or complete disrespect for spurs fans. Basically said “how else I’m gonna see what they are like” thanks MATE! Has he not seen videos of them! What about the fans at the gane they’ve seen them enough times they don’t need to see they are shite again. Most we are trying to sell any way so why does he need to see them. How about respecting the club and fans and play a strong team as we want to see our team win.
For all recent Ange hype his done himself no favours with that gane tonight. Team selection, bud reason for it, half time sun of Dane wtf was that about, after going level not doing anything to keep it up and let Fulham back in, too late with subs, Sanchez taking a pen, etc. sorry but as a lot of people on the channels have said this is all on Ange . And to for him to say it was do that he could see the players is unbelievable. At least fucking own up and say you hit it Sri g and apologies to the fans that went for probably one of the worst halves of football for ages. Imagine if Jose or conte served that up!

Your defiance of spell-check and the concept of proof-reading is one of the most resolute things I've ever witnessed in my life!

...........You need to sack your cat and get a new typist.

That was my gut reaction to Scarlett but once it became clear that he had brought on a second forward to go 4-4-2 to soak up the Fulham attack I felt convinced that he had made a tactical change to alter the course of the match and, to be fair, it was an effective change.

As I said earlier in the thread, Conte would have done nothing and let us lose 4-0.
Or brought Maddison son or even bissouma on and also kept lo celso on- we were marginally better 2nd half but we created next to nothing in attack whilst Fulham spurned several chances

Why dues Ange need to know about these players? They have lost time and time again. Just look at the SU cup gane last season. Richi started that along with some if the other fodder and we got knocked out. Ange really ficked up and biggest of all disrespected than fans. We have no europe there is no need for major rotation.
Is that you?

Posted less than an hour ago:

"Spurs have started the season off well as it appears that appointing new manager Ange Postecoglou was the right thing to do. Even without their club legend Harry Kane, they appear to be doing better and they have the potential to break their trophy drought."

:ange-hmm:

Back
Top Bottom