Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Not all plain sailing, bound to be some hiccups along the way. Not all plain sailing, bound to be some hiccups along the way. Not all plain sailing, bound to be some hiccups along the way."

Along the way there's a hiccup, as expected.

"We're a fucking disgrace. Sell everyone. False dawn etc. etc. etc."

:lamelaaghh: :lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh:

23 years is rather a long bout of hiccups though

_wXMXb.gif

"Not all plain sailing, bound to be some hiccups along the way. Not all plain sailing, bound to be some hiccups along the way. Not all plain sailing, bound to be some hiccups along the way."

Along the way there's a hiccup, as expected.

"We're a fucking disgrace. Sell everyone. False dawn etc. etc. etc."

:lamelaaghh: :lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh:
Said it on Friday ;

You just know that some of our "fan" base are waiting to pounce at the first bad result though.

Shame really.

So predictable.

Was sanchez bad defensively? I wouldn't judge him on his pen. Respect to him for taking accountability.

Was a reasonable penalty too. Its not like he skied it.
I think didn't make any defensive mistakes, missed a couple of passes though.

It just same old fans sticking the knives in.

Some football fans are just sad and bitter... In my books, not real fans at all.

I know I just don’t get it. His not tried to integrate him. We need quality in midfiekd. Even if he was back up to madd. Is anyone seriously thinking he would have been any worse than the 3 that started. To repeat myself it is worrying that Ange sees skipp as an 8.
Are we back on this lazy waste of space. He wont train hard, always late, overweight, but yeah lets play him in a high tempo structure. Hed blow the head gasket after 2 min

Ange gambled big making 9 changes and putting trust in some lads who have looked good in preseason or cameos like GLC, PEH, Perisic, Sanchez, and Solomon and you’d have to it utterly failed and he’s gotta take the blame for that. Too many changes with players who either haven’t proven themselves or have proven themselves lacking too many times.

The Scarlett sub and not getting Maddison until the 80th minute made it feel like the priority was certain players getting a run out and rotation, rather than trying to win.

A lot of unsurprising things confirmed today.
  • We’re desperately lacking pace in the side. Davies and Emerson as fullbacks and Perisic on the wing and you could just feel the palpable lack of speed and dynamism.
  • In this system you can’t have CBs and Keepers who can’t play the ball, I don’t even dislike Sanchez and Forster as players but they can’t play this style.
  • You can have one of Skipp or Hojbjerg, but not two. Once again, two players I actually like a lot, but they are all-action, all blood and guts midfielders when this system requires technical players who can break the press.
  • Hojbjerg, Davies, Sanchez, Perisic, Forster, and GLC are all fine as backups for this season as long as they don’t play much, but really they all need to be replaced with younger and more dynamic players who actually fit Ange’s system. All of them are not athletic or technical enough for the side we’re building. Time to usher in a new era.
Thing is individually some of them would be ok with first teamers. PEH looked ok v bournmouth when played with Maddison and Biss. But when put in that tean he looked shite.
Ange has sent out a team for players to fail. Crap players can still look good with good players around them. If you put donkeys together with other donkeys there is only one outcome.
I don’t think we should bother with playing league games either. We should concentrate on the champions league cos it where the real money is.
may be Ange can just concentrate on looking at players.

Back
Top Bottom