Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Johnson £50M. Richi £60M whose behind these decisions?
Difference is there’s probably a coach that wants to be here over that period.

Levy has made money available in the past (excluding during the stadium build), it’s just until recently we haven’t spent it particularly well (Sanchez, N’Dombele, GLC etc weren’t exactly cheap buys).

Forster can't play out from the back
Emerson can misplace the most simple passes
Sanchez is always 25 minutes from his next mistake
Ven is a youngster that needs a good partner
Davies, 6/10 every game
Skipp can't seem to make simple passes
Hojbjerg determined to play long
Lo Celso played like a goalkeeper in midfield
Solomon had 1 decent shot, otherwise unconvincing
Perisic will put in some decent balls
Richarlison, he was awful. Great, a goal, otherwise dreadful

Maddison made things happen instantly. The thought of him getting injured will have me on edge all season.
Hence why we should have gone in for kudus , Scott or gonckaves. No point having forwards if we are never gonna get the ball to them.

What a wasted opportunity tonight was.... still can't believe we're out...

I don't give a shit that some people deem the League Cup as somehow beneath us...

NO CUP IS BENEATH US when we haven't won one for 15 fucking years!!
Totally! Ange was being a prick with that line up , subs and post match press conf.

Yea you can still do the sane with playing 4/5 donkeys not all of them! Anyway we know what most of them are like already as seen by realists last season. Why dues Ange need to see that when he could just ficking out on you tube. Anyways most of them have had minutes already this season. What more did he need to see.
Tbh I am totally baffled about his statements. Either we want to win the game or he wanted to use it as a game to see certain players. However he set them up to fail. I’m sure glc would look ok with Biss and madd.

Exactly.

This logic is saying we can’t play the first team v Real Madrid Wednesday and then City on the weekend?

Nobody is going to be walking into training feeling happy tomorrow. Playing people ti give them a chance is what you do with the under 8s.

The problem is you just knew this would happen. Levy has told him get European football. Fuck the cups. Get the cash.

This poor fucker. I wonder what he was actually thinking.

neckbeard_large.png
I dint believe that to be 100%. Ange has a lot to prove. His only ever win in Mickey Mouse leagues. He basically said the same that me needs to show owoe he deserves a chance.

Absolutely agree with everything. The only thing that makes sense behind changing the whole team is not about resting is about keeping the dressing room happy and motivated. If they don't get their chance in these games how they supposed to keep on pushing and giving their 100% in training?
Chance! How many do some of those duckers need! Most have had more than tanguy. Ange has not even tried to see if you could get a tune out of him or say someone like Soence. We’ve seen the shit served up by most of those players for past few years. It beggars belief he need to see what they are like.. why hasn’t he given say Spence a chance or tanguy not with standing his views based on other things. I’ve says it for past couple of years davies is shit generally and some still think his a good backup. He needs to go along with a few others. Opportunities my areas. Only do that with a few changes and see how they fit in with your first choices. Not throw them all in at the sane time. He fucking needs to win that game v Burnley now. We said the sane when Nuno played complete 2nd 11. Surely that is no encouragement to those players. It just means they are not first choice.

Ange gambled big making 9 changes and putting trust in some lads who have looked good in preseason or cameos like GLC, PEH, Perisic, Sanchez, and Solomon and you’d have to it utterly failed and he’s gotta take the blame for that. Too many changes with players who either haven’t proven themselves or have proven themselves lacking too many times.

The Scarlett sub and not getting Maddison until the 80th minute made it feel like the priority was certain players getting a run out and rotation, rather than trying to win.

A lot of unsurprising things confirmed today.
  • We’re desperately lacking pace in the side. Davies and Emerson as fullbacks and Perisic on the wing and you could just feel the palpable lack of speed and dynamism.
  • In this system you can’t have CBs and Keepers who can’t play the ball, I don’t even dislike Sanchez and Forster as players but they can’t play this style.
  • You can have one of Skipp or Hojbjerg, but not two. Once again, two players I actually like a lot, but they are all-action, all blood and guts midfielders when this system requires technical players who can break the press.
  • Hojbjerg, Davies, Sanchez, Perisic, Forster, and GLC are all fine as backups for this season as long as they don’t play much, but really they all need to be replaced with younger and more dynamic players who actually fit Ange’s system. All of them are not athletic or technical enough for the side we’re building. Time to usher in a new era.
Thing is individually some of them would be ok with first teamers. PEH looked ok v bournmouth when played with Maddison and Biss. But when put in that tean he looked shite.
Ange has sent out a team for players to fail. Crap players can still look good with good players around them. If you put donkeys together with other donkeys there is only one outcome.

So Ange said with our style he needed to make changes as it takes a lot out of them. So he is suggesting the players cannot play 3 matches in a week. Well in early December we play Man City, West Ham midweek and Newcastle the following weekend. So does that mean we should expect 9 changes for Spammers match.? I think not he played a weaken team to allow certain players to get match time, to look at players because the Cup had less priority. There is one thing changing 2/3 players but 9 means they are not used to playing together and it showed. We have seen it countless times and the result is never good. Even against lower league sides we struggle and need the subs to get through.
Sanchez should not have played or at least not taken a penalty, Levy should have either kept Kane or replaced him but Ange making 9 changes lost us this match.

Absolutely agree with everything. The only thing that makes sense behind changing the whole team is not about resting is about keeping the dressing room happy and motivated. If they don't get their chance in these games how they supposed to keep on pushing and giving their 100% in training?
Buy half of then we are actively looking to sell. The others bar a couple have all had gane time this season such as Emerson and skipp. Skipp was dropped for Sarr after first gane so exactly what did Ange need to know about him in the role he has deemed him to be suitable for? He was crap v Brentford yet he / we need to see again how crap he is. This surely questions his judgement. We are now looking like to get Johnson fir £50M bcos Ange thinks his the right fit. Based on yday you’d have to question this! Also we were 99% of getting fati but de zirbi has matched in and player wants to join Brighton. This dues t look great fir Ange to be honest.

This game confirmed everything we already knew since last season

Sanchez, Davies, PEH and Skipp are all rubbish and needed to be moved on this summer
Why Ange ‘needed to see how they do’ is beyond me! Those 4 have already played this season . In fact some on here wanted davies to start v Brentford. Terrible idea! Their winger would have ripped him. Ever want to see him play again . Said it so many times. He needs moving on! Sane with a host of others.

Back
Top Bottom