Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let’s be honest.
Ange took a risk. Not to allow players to rest, not to have a look at certain players (training?!?!)…. He took a risk by putting those players in the shop window.

His hope - they perform well (after a new mindset and set of instructions) - and he hopefully gets shot of a few of them and can buy in others - whilst remaining in the cup. Genius!!

The result - they lose, they perform poorly and we are out of the cup.

It was a big risk- but actually one I support him on. We need to shift some of the dead wood; desperately!!!
To dare is to do.

Mange tout….

I agree he took a risk with 9 changes. I don’t think it was to put players in the shop window, I think it was more about preventing injuries to our 1st choice midfielders, giving Foster some match sharpness and most importantly (in his mind) keeping the A team fresh for the league game at Burnley.
But I cannot understand how you could support his decision when you saw thatthe result was we exited one of only 2 possible trophy opportunities available to us.
I have had enough of us not competing for trophies.

shirt-1508427752-49c5baa58ce730dd1f7902d7adb48a76.png.jpeg

Your defiance of spell-check and the concept of proof-reading is one of the most resolute things I've ever witnessed in my life!

...........You need to sack your cat and get a new typist.
F it can’t be bothered with all that life is too short. Anyway it probably mirrors how we as a club are run.

So Ange said with our style he needed to make changes as it takes a lot out of them. So he is suggesting the players cannot play 3 matches in a week. Well in early December we play Man City, West Ham midweek and Newcastle the following weekend. So does that mean we should expect 9 changes for Spammers match.? I think not he played a weaken team to allow certain players to get match time, to look at players because the Cup had less priority. There is one thing changing 2/3 players but 9 means they are not used to playing together and it showed. We have seen it countless times and the result is never good. Even against lower league sides we struggle and need the subs to get through.
Sanchez should not have played or at least not taken a penalty, Levy should have either kept Kane or replaced him but Ange making 9 changes lost us this match.
Ange doesn’t want a CF but wants Johnson and gallgeher. For £100 M what are we getting?

I'm trying to like you...I really am..but you make it so difficult.

Do you wake up and decide 'I'm going to post a ton of over the top, made up bullshit' on a daily basis or something?

Give it a rest for fuck sake.
Common most of what I’ve says there is perfectly acceptable. There are plenty who feel cheated with that result bcos of the line up. That must be first time a manager has said his made all those changes in a KO cup game see what they could do. I’ve never heard anyone say that! Has any new manager at club done anything similar?

Still can't believe we made 9 changes....

If we have ANY aspirations of playing European football AND PL games next season, then surely Tuesday was Ange's chance to try and see HOW we coped with 2 games in a 5 day turnaround.... not see who out of the B team could cut it in the Cup...
...We already knew that... Most of them can't!

I'm not saying we coulda won it, but throwing it away at the 1st attempt reeks of either arrogance, or ineptitude.... and I dunno what I'd rather it be!

F it can’t be bothered with all that life is too short. Anyway it probably mirrors how we as a club are run.

You post, but don't care if people can make cohesive sense out your comments?

........So posting for the sake of it essentially, when the point is communicating with others?

"life is too short." for that.

Listen to his press conf. Either total BS or complete disrespect for spurs fans. Basically said “how else I’m gonna see what they are like” thanks MATE! Has he not seen videos of them! What about the fans at the gane they’ve seen them enough times they don’t need to see they are shite again. Most we are trying to sell any way so why does he need to see them. How about respecting the club and fans and play a strong team as we want to see our team win.
For all recent Ange hype his done himself no favours with that gane tonight. Team selection, bud reason for it, half time sun of Dane wtf was that about, after going level not doing anything to keep it up and let Fulham back in, too late with subs, Sanchez taking a pen, etc. sorry but as a lot of people on the channels have said this is all on Ange . And to for him to say it was do that he could see the players is unbelievable. At least fucking own up and say you hit it Sri g and apologies to the fans that went for probably one of the worst halves of football for ages. Imagine if Jose or conte served that up!

He's entirely right.

This is the competition you give the fringe players a chance in during the early rounds. With no EL/Conference league we have no other competition to do this in. These players immediately let us down, some of which looked good in pre-season but, predictably, are no use in competitive games.

The overreaction to the Fulham loss has been really funny. I was more concerned/annoyed at the first half vs United and Brentford with our actual starting XI in actual meaningful games than I was by a league cup exit.

Ange has been let down by the squad players at Spurs, like the last 3 managers before him. Not his fault and entirely predictable unless you're a cultist and believe he's some sort of superhero, logic defying manager.

Admiral sentiments.

If i could believe you then I would agree and understand.

But based on your past posting history, I simply don’t believe you.

Sorry.

Edit: Incoming sycophantic post from John/Joan Thomas where he quotes you with something along the lines of an applause gif or some ass kissy congratulatory message.

:harrylol:
Believe what you want. You know nothing of me or how Spurs fits into my life.

What you know and clearly worship is The Almighty Pound, shinny Stadium and Daily Fad. You'll always remain a Fans and never know what it is to be a supporter.

PS: The reason I post quotes, is to enlighten you. I'm hoping someday that factual evidence will enter that Nut of yours and actually get it to startup.

Ange doesn't have enough credits in the bank to spit out what Levy puts in the bucket.

Yet.

If his time at Celtic is any guide, once it was obvious he was turning the club around on and off the pitch, and wasn't getting the support to bring players in quick enough, he acknowledged it was a problem and sternly said "Perhaps I haven't made myself clear enough". Not long after, stuff got done.
With Levy both Jose and Conté were broken. Two of the toughest customers around. I don't believe Ange will change anything. Supporters and Fans have allowed Levy to amass too much Power. It is only them that can bring him down.

With Levy both Jose and Conté were broken. Two of the toughest customers around. I don't believe Ange will change anything. Supporters and Fans have allowed Levy to amass too much Power. It is only them that can bring him down.
Conte is not a tough customer lol. He's thrown tantrums in every single club he's been.

Back
Top Bottom