Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come back from the game.

David Howells was sat in front of me.

Away support as usual was cracking, sang all game. Putney End was literally bouncing, which was disconcerting given it is basically all temporary scaffolding.

First half shit, eventually grew into in the second half.

But we've learnt no lessons from previous years. As I said in my post before the game, if we play the second 11 and rotate too much it'll end up being like Sheffield United all over again.

I wouldn't criticise Sanchez for missing a penalty, I've not read the thread but I can imagine the comments. Plenty of players have missed, penalties is a lottery. Shows once again his character for being willing to step up. Booed off and he still puts in the effort and takes responsibility, so kudos to him for doing that. He may lack quality, but I don't see anyone else who wanted to step up.

Personally I'd have said Son, Deki, Maddison, Scarlett and PEH should have been our 5 takers.

I knew we'd lose the shoot out, Forster is beyond useless at penalties. Literally got nowhere near any of them. Totally different to Gollini when we won against wolves 2 seasons ago. Forsters attempt at diving was beyond ridiculous. All in slow motion.

Same old shit, don't treat the trophies with respect and you'll never get rid of the trophy less tag. The club deserve what they get with that attitude. Unfortunately we as paying fans don't deserve that!
I’d like Ange to apologies to the fans. Hand on heart he can’t say with that starting 11 he thought he could win. It would contradict what he said post match about seeing what these pkayrr were s are like. Which basically says he did t if they would be good enough. It’s not on to just 11 strangers on and hope for the best. The fans deserve more. Thought things would change with Ange and everyone hoped he would treat cups more seriously. Conte got big time stick for the SU debacle where they made just as many changes and we lost. Don’t Ange can get away with it as well.
Looks de zirbi has out influenced him him with fati as well. 99% done then he steps in pkayer wants to play for him.

Flip side of the argument here is he cut his nose to spite his face.

He only had to watch Forest away and Sheffield United away to know that.

He's got mason sitting there next to him who was at both of those games last year. He could've just asked him what would happen by playing the second string.

All of us fans knew it, and we said it before the game.

I don't believe for one second a manager jeopardises a result in a cup competition to prove to the owners how shit the players are. If the manager knows they are shit, given he watches them in training all the time then he has to take responsibility and not play them. Full stop.

Play the players you know are good enough, that's your job as a manager. We've had countless managers make this same mistake, this time it can be argued it's worse since we don't have Europe.

Literally no midweek game until January. I want see a full strength team every game. You only rotate if there is an injury or a player is in poor form or if you've identified a tactical weakness in the opposition. End of story. Don't give a shit about player appeasement, this ain't a charity. They still get paid at the end of the day.
Spot on! Ange took the piss! Even with the sun at half time. He knows what it means to the fans. His got enough eveiden e of these players first hand and from previous games. Yet he still played then to “ find out about them as he wouldn’t have no other opportunity”
Very disappointed in the selection, Blasie attitude, performance which more conte than Ange ball, the lack of effort or wanting to change it , etc. 60 minutes is more than enough to see they were shut and could have just made the necessary subs to rectify it. As it was Fulham weren’t great abd were there fir the taking but Ange passed on it.

Ange would have been briefed from a variety of sources on whether the 9 changes were the right way to go. Yes it's on Ange's head, but typically professional clubs will get advice from:

1) Strength & Conditioning coaches regarding Load Management
2) Coaching Staff regarding squad rotation
3) Team doctors regarding injuries, rehab, recovery etc.
4) Analysts regarding opponent scouting and tactics
So should he use that same analysis for PL ganes?

Oh shut up.

One loss and you’re turning on him already?

There’s constructive criticism and then there’s this.

If we bounce back with an entertaining win against Burnley, I fully expect you’ll be nowhere to be seen on here.

Spurs fan my doughnut-munching fat bum.
Not turning on him! Just reporting what he said. Do you really think he needs an opportunity to see these players. His played most of then in the PL with other first team regulars. When Nuno changes all 11 for conf league gane seem to recall he got pelters. So don’t think Ange should get off lightly either. Especially when there was no need to make so many changes.

We've been fed this crap for years. Some they joined Spurs knowing Levy bullshit. They claim DNA and Fighting, etc, yet all the know is Daniel Levy Bullshit.

People were quick on the Ange Bus, now it's showing its route and is clearly the opposite direction of what Supporters want.

He talks about seeing what they like? He should do that with 1 or 2 at a time, not change the whole squad. He is briefed for Top 4. Just like all other managers where.

Ange Ball my Arse. No different to any before him.
He could have disguised it better than just throw a random 2nd string together. Someone from the club should explain the football strategy and targets for this season and next few years. Bet they won’t!

Well we aren't in the champions league, we won't win the league, so how is going for the two cups we can win, unambitious?

Man city, the most ambitious club possibly in the world, threw everything they had at winning the league cup, and treated it as a very major trophy, so are better and above them?
Exactly we are in no position to turn up our noses to any cup. If Fulham can go through why can’t it be us?

What's wrong with pointing out mistakes made, that cost us our best chance of a trophy?

Doesn't have to mean we can't wait until we fuck up, it just means we are pointing out where mistakes were made.
No harm in that ffs.
Yes indeed! It’s like some favs are happy with defeat losing meekly and accept it. When we all know just say 4 changes plus our main players and win that gane. Who knows next round we could have got a home draw v lower league opp abd he could have made more changes if he wanted. At least try to your name in the hat for next round. Now where is Ange gonna give these players who we paying a chance?

We could also have played last Saturday’s starting 11 and got beat,played the same against Burnley and not get a result and he would get absolutely slated for not changing the team against Fulham🤷‍♂️
I do think 9 was too many though.

Yes indeed! It’s like some favs are happy with defeat losing meekly and accept it. When we all know just say 4 changes plus our main players and win that gane. Who knows next round we could have got a home draw v lower league opp abd he could have made more changes if he wanted. At least try to your name in the hat for next round. Now where is Ange gonna give these players who we paying a chance?

Nobody, and I mean nobody on this forum is happy with defeat. So don't even dare go there. We're all spurs supporters.

As for your last line, well he just did give them a chance and they fucked it.

No reason to give them any more (as a collective at least - obviously injury and tiredness will mean the odd bit of rotation is needed, but nothing major).

I’d like Ange to apologies to the fans. Hand on heart he can’t say with that starting 11 he thought he could win. It would contradict what he said post match about seeing what these pkayrr were s are like. Which basically says he did t if they would be good enough. It’s not on to just 11 strangers on and hope for the best. The fans deserve more. Thought things would change with Ange and everyone hoped he would treat cups more seriously. Conte got big time stick for the SU debacle where they made just as many changes and we lost. Don’t Ange can get away with it as well.
Looks de zirbi has out influenced him him with fati as well. 99% done then he steps in pkayer wants to play for him.
Yep me too / he basically treated it like a pre season friendly / unacceptable

I'm trying to like you...I really am..but you make it so difficult.

Do you wake up and decide 'I'm going to post a ton of over the top, made up bullshit' on a daily basis or something?

Give it a rest for fuck sake.

Let’s be honest.
Ange took a risk. Not to allow players to rest, not to have a look at certain players (training?!?!)…. He took a risk by putting those players in the shop window.

His hope - they perform well (after a new mindset and set of instructions) - and he hopefully gets shot of a few of them and can buy in others - whilst remaining in the cup. Genius!!

The result - they lose, they perform poorly and we are out of the cup.

It was a big risk- but actually one I support him on. We need to shift some of the dead wood; desperately!!!
To dare is to do.

Mange tout….

Why Ange ‘needed to see how they do’ is beyond me! Those 4 have already played this season . In fact some on here wanted davies to start v Brentford. Terrible idea! Their winger would have ripped him. Ever want to see him play again . Said it so many times. He needs moving on! Sane with a host of others.
Only welsh posters think Davies is a good player

I've given up on Levy and ENIC. I don't buy in to the "Ange doesn't take crap" bullshit. He's eating up what Levy hands him by the bucket load.

Ange doesn't have enough credits in the bank to spit out what Levy puts in the bucket.

Yet.

If his time at Celtic is any guide, once it was obvious he was turning the club around on and off the pitch, and wasn't getting the support to bring players in quick enough, he acknowledged it was a problem and sternly said "Perhaps I haven't made myself clear enough". Not long after, stuff got done.

Nobody is happy about not winning things or going out of the Carabou cup.

But just cool it with the hyperbole, that’s all.

I’m sure really that you are a fan…but you do go OTT at everything imo.
Ain't gonna cool Jack Shit. As I had said, I am not a Fan, I am a supporter. If you are happy with 20 years of crap, be happy. I, on the other hand will raise my voice to what I believe is complete mismanagement of "My Football Club". I see Spurs as an extension of my Life and other supporters as Brothers In Arms.

I have invested too much in the last 35 years of my life to just say Thanx and be Greatfull that someone takes, what I and every other supporter have devoted ourselves to, in order to just increase his property and business portfolio.

I don't begrudge Levy and ENIC for making a more than 50 times return on investment. I infact say, "Well Done for You". But I draw the line when Football come second to NFL and F1 GoCart aspirations.

If you feel voicing about this crap is OTT, skip my posts and keep yourself happy. I will not be silent.

Ain't gonna cool Jack Shit. As I had said, I am not a Fan, I am a supporter. If you are happy with 20 years of crap, be happy. I, on the other hand will raise my voice to what I believe is complete mismanagement of "My Football Club". I see Spurs as an extension of my Life and other supporters as Brothers In Arms.

I have invested too much in the last 35 years of my life to just say Thanx and be Greatfull that someone takes, what I and every other supporter have devoted ourselves to, in order to just increase his property and business portfolio.

I don't begrudge Levy and ENIC for making a more than 50 times return on investment. I infact say, "Well Done for You". But I draw the line when Football come second to NFL and F1 GoCart aspirations.

If you feel voicing about this crap is OTT, skip my posts and keep yourself happy. I will not be silent.

Admiral sentiments.

If i could believe you then I would agree and understand.

But based on your past posting history, I simply don’t believe you.

Sorry.

Edit: Incoming sycophantic post from John/Joan Thomas where he quotes you with something along the lines of an applause gif or some ass kissy congratulatory message.

:harrylol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom