Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't wait. Son - Kane - Bale.

Shivers
I was thinking before today’s game that opposition already must fear both Son and Kane, and the idea of adding Bale too is going to up it another level. We’ve got used to the first two but i remember when Spurs were shit and I feared the big teams with several world class players who you knew your team could not compete with. That must be how opposition look at us now.

Really nice to have the Europa games for him to get his fitness up.

Hopefully he’ll be match fit and fully integrated into the starting 11 ahead of that crazy league run of City, Chelsea, Woolwich, Palace, Leicester, Liverpool and Wolves starting November 21.

Another important factor of today´s result is that Gareth Bale is now coming to a high scoring team - instead of being the salvation to our lack of creativity of months ago. Son-Kane is the best attacking partnership in the league. We are doing very well up front.

Don´t get me wrong, Bale will come to make us even stronger. But he will have to be the real Bale - and not just a superstar on vacation from Madrid.

It's the fact we have options which is absolutely critical.

Tiredness, injury, loss of form and necessary rotation will come into play, so this is less about Bale the saviour.

Mourinho will see some teams as straightforward games where we will just play Kane, Son and Bale. In such instances, Kane will drop into the role of provider..

The truth is that we now have the tools to mix and match, and be potent with 2 or 3 different sets of players.

But a fit and hungry Bale is only a plus.

Another important factor of today´s result is that Gareth Bale is now coming to a high scoring team - instead of being the salvation to our lack of creativity of months ago. Son-Kane is the best attacking partnership in the league. We are doing very well up front.

Don´t get me wrong, Bale will come to make us even stronger. But he will have to be the real Bale - and not just a superstar on vacation from Madrid.
He will be the Bale who will inspire the team, who can share what it is like to winning trophies and who will galvanise those who doubt .

A Son Kane Bale trio is arguably better than liverpool's. At the very least level with it.

Firminho is good but let's be real, he's nowhere near Kane. Bale can match or even outshine Salah. And we know Son can match Mané.

With our wingbacks looking to get close to matching the dangerous robertson/arnold duo, and now a Hoiberg locelso and ndomebele midfield. My mouth is watering.

Our CB position needs some freshening up though.

Gotta love Mike.
N3OOnyt.jpg

Ooogghhh... Bale has to be excited about current situation.

We are 8 games into the season and -
Kane has 8 goals and 7 assist to his name
Son has 7 goals + 3 assists

Who do the opposite defenders double-mark?!? cannot do it for all 3.
Plus we have seen this season that our counter-attacks are getting more swift. Can you imagine that Sonny and Bale both take off at full pace from center-circle after opponents corner that we cleared? That has to be nightmare material to every living defender in the world.

So if he gets into form we are in for a treat for sure 😍

Will he even get in this team ? I'm half joking but and this is the main point. He knows now that he has to turn up and perform to keep his place.
I'm not saying he thought he would get an easy ride and automatically walk into the team, but the way we're playing atm will show him that we've got some serious players and depth this season.
Not only that, but since he's not the main focal point for our entire offense, he won't be marked anywhere near as much as he would need to be. He wasn't just prolific in Madrid because he's good; he was also given the space to be great since Ronaldo would always be the opposition's chief concern.

Think of the space he's going to get while opponents are already trying to mark our main threat. Think of that left foot doing what it does best. Jesus wept this could amazing if they are all fit.

Will he even get in this team ? I'm half joking but and this is the main point. He knows now that he has to turn up and perform to keep his place.
I'm not saying he thought he would get an easy ride and automatically walk into the team, but the way we're playing atm will show him that we've got some serious players and depth this season.

Don't worry. He's still got the golf - and Wales.

After Eriksen left no one in midfield seemed capable of beating a player when we played against packed defences. now both Ndombele and Lo Celso are playing better and showing they can create. Add Bale to this mix will make a massive difference as he will beat players and can score from outside the box. it will leave space for Kane & Son to score more as well.

After Eriksen left no one in midfield seemed capable of beating a player when we played against packed defences. now both Ndombele and Lo Celso are playing better and showing they can create. Add Bale to this mix will make a massive difference as he will beat players and can score from outside the box. it will leave space for Kane & Son to score more as well.
100 %
One of the reasons I wasn't that bothered about getting another creative CM.

Got sent this from a mate earlier

"
A guy who works with Jose & the coaches sent my mate this:

Jose and Nuno said that Bale could have played yesterday but they didn’t want to risk him.
They are blown away at how good he is, his absolutely flying in training - and Bale is so happy to be at spurs again - he’s itching to get on the pitch"

Got sent this from a mate earlier

"
A guy who works with Jose & the coaches sent my mate this:

Jose and Nuno said that Bale could have played yesterday but they didn’t want to risk him.
They are blown away at how good he is, his absolutely flying in training - and Bale is so happy to be at spurs again - he’s itching to get on the pitch"

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check with Bale being 31 and not having really played regular football in a couple of years.

But if we get a rough approximation of 2016 Bale and can keep him fit along with Son and Kane on current form, with the standard of defending in the Premier League now, we could absolutely put this league to the sword.

Back
Top Bottom