Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely needs more fitness based on tonight.

I’m thinking he plays the EL games plus PL sub appearances the next few weeks and then hopefully he comes out flying after the November international break when we have that tough run of fixtures.

He has lost a lot of speed, more than I expected.
Think it's more match fitness at this point - coming off an injury and not really played much in 18 months. He's not 23 anymore but he's also not slow. In any case, he's very clever on the ball and passes it well, so I don't think his loss of speed will hamper him too much.

He's basically on the Ndombele fitness regime except he skipped all the bullshit and went straight to the good stuff of getting match time and getting some minutes into his legs. Should be ready for our November-December stretch, which is brutal.

Give it a few games - I think he can improve massively fitness wise
I think we should give him like 10 games

He said when he got here last month that he plan on doing good things for the club.
That quickly grew to " I am going to do my absolute best for the club" in a month. I think his intesion is clear. I like. We just got to give him more and more game time.

Sharpness comes with fitness but you can tell the class is there. That composure on the right wing is something we’re lacking but he has it. Just needs to get the minutes under his belt like he said and I think we’ll see a different player at the end of November. Hopefully he’s back to near his best before our tough December schedule because we’re going to need it

There were a couple of times that I thought that Gareth from even two years ago would have chased down a ball, saved it from going out, or could have outrun a defender.

Maybe it is just fitness levels, but looks like he has lost a bit of pace but you can still see flashes of real quality. Once he gets more comfortable in the side and gets his fitness back he may provide that flash of creativity of brilliance we need at time.

He was also swarmed as soon as he had the ball (as he always will be), so without his pace it made it difficult for him to do anything other than pass. With Kane / Sonny / CV (based on last night) available on the pitch, any quick passes will allow him much more space as defenders won’t want to leave their marks so eagerly.

I think it often looks like Bale is one step ahead of alot of our players.

He plays cute 1 touch passes that the recipient doesn't read in advance and it leads to a turn over.

Hopefully they'll get on the same wavelength after some time playing together

Looked like he played it safe and didn't go above 80-90% or risk needless collisions. Very sensible and mature.

Still surreal he's back. Our team looks like one of those epic "what could have been" lineups made of past/present players.

Back
Top Bottom