Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The idea that Bale still isn't match fit after a month and a half of matches seems suspect. The truth is that he hasn't shown enough in the opportunities he's been given to earn a start, outside of the Brighton match (which earned him a start against West Brom).

McCoist summed it up well on talksport this morning. He said they are making a story out of nothing. We are top of the league and its a positive he hasnt needed to bring Bale on yet. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Bale needs to keep playing well in the Europa and take his chance in the league when given it.

The idea that Bale still isn't match fit after a month and a half of matches seems suspect. The truth is that he hasn't shown enough in the opportunities he's been given to earn a start, outside of the Brighton match (which earned him a start against West Brom).

Obviously he's fit but still miles away from his best condition. But he's getting more mobile and more powerful with each start, hopefully he can produce something on Thursday. It would be great to have him start against Woolwich because his record against them is great just like Kane's.

Only in the last 4 weeks has Bale been in the condition to play regular matches, we need to be patient. We knew when we signed him that he had effectively been out of football for half a year.

Bale has been SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT in regards to his free kicks so far, he hasn't even been close to scoring.

Everything else has been decent, as expected. The match winning goal against Brighton could have been such a fantastic moment for Bale and the club if fans were allowed in, a shame we got robbed of that

Bale has been SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT in regards to his free kicks so far, he hasn't even been close to scoring.

he’s only taken a couple of free kicks, right? I was excited for each he has taken, but not hugely disappointed he didn’t hit the target. His technique is deadly when executed perfectly, but it’s super difficult. Means that if they aren’t exactly right, they are a bit.... well... shit. That’s the risk:reward trade off.

But again, he’s only swung his fuckin leg at a few...I think it’s a bit harsh to say that “Bale has been such a disappointment” in that regard.

The bloke is in a good place and the benefit of his presence, unknown but for me undoubted.

And because we are doing well so far he has time to arrive without excessive pressure.

It remains a matter of his overall desire. If it's still there then he will produce.

His freekicks alone will be massive for us but we haven't seen any of that quality just yet. This is why Europa League excites me more than anything. It's the proving ground for the likes of Bale, Dele, Vinicius, etc

"Gareth? The only problem with Gareth is to get into the dynamic and the confidence of playing consecutive matches without any bad feeling or negative feeling, without any remembrance of the recent past when the condition was not the best and the fears were there. I think it's more about that but he's playing regularly and he has a chance of a physical evolution. He doesn't need a tactical or technical one. He just needs to get his confidence back of playing three matches in a week. It's more about that."

We've just played two high pressure games against teams that will attack more than us.
Bale would have been told he would be on the bench until it was safe. He was about to come on Vs City when they were flagging badly but sat back down when Toby got injured.

He's fine. No dount he'll feature more prominantly against the lesser teams as we'll need some one with long range shooting and free kick taking abilities to score past the walls.

I've thought he's been fine. He was always going to be cream on this season's cake. As Jose says - once he's confident in his body he'll press to be a starter in all games. He has the quality. Slowly slowly catchy monkey etc...

We've just played two high pressure games against teams that will attack more than us.
Bale would have been told he would be on the bench until it was safe. He was about to come on Vs City when they were flagging badly but sat back down when Toby got injured.

He's fine. No dount he'll feature more prominantly against the lesser teams as we'll need some one with long range shooting and free kick taking abilities to score past the walls.
This. I never understand it when we play park the bus teams that we don’t take more shots from outside the box. In Son/Kane/Bale, we have arguably the best shooters from outside the box in world football so I hope this a tactic moving forward. They’ll make space for each other so one of them can pop one off.

This. I never understand it when we play park the bus teams that we don’t take more shots from outside the box. In Son/Kane/Bale, we have arguably the best shooters from outside the box in world football so I hope this a tactic moving forward. They’ll make space for each other so one of them can pop one off.
Must be tactics from Jose

It makes me laugh people questioning whether we need Bale.

We've still got potentially around 43 games left to play this season - we've barely started!

He will play a part I have absolutely zero doubt. He was never going to walk straight into the team.

He's being managed in a brilliant way - lesser managers would have just thrown him in the first team on the strength of his name, so it's great that he's being given plenty of time under no pressure. That will be how we get the best out of him.

There isn't a single premier league club that would not want him in their squad.

Back
Top Bottom