Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did I want Bale to join us-100% yes
Am I disappointed with his performances so far- Yes but maybe because I had such high expectations
Do I think he should be starting in PL matches -No
Do I regret him coming back to Tottenham=NO
Do I expect to see an improvement and him justify his place in the starting 11-Yes
I am not surprised he is not doing those long runs leading to goals we saw last time but did expect better attempts at free kicks than seen so far. If I was Zidane I would be saying to RM chairman that he was right about not playing Bale. Just hope Bale proves him wrong as the season progresses.

Did I want Bale to join us-100% yes
Am I disappointed with his performances so far- Yes but maybe because I had such high expectations
Do I think he should be starting in PL matches -No
Do I regret him coming back to Tottenham=NO
Do I expect to see an improvement and him justify his place in the starting 11-Yes
I am not surprised he is not doing those long runs leading to goals we saw last time but did expect better attempts at free kicks than seen so far. If I was Zidane I would be saying to RM chairman that he was right about not playing Bale. Just hope Bale proves him wrong as the season progresses.
He's barely had 2 free kicks to take so far IIRC?

Sorry but he's been way below par so far. Doesn't deserve to start these games ahead of Alli either.

Think his signing gave us a mental boost but he's sadly been poor every single game so far. Hope he improves but his low work rate in defence is a huge issue if he's going to play in this system.

Real lack of confidence too, should have just taken the shot rather than square it for Son that time he scuffed it.

The way he is playing I dont think Jose will ever trust him in a big game.

He doesnt work hard enough when we dont have the ball. He seems to jog around and hardly puts a foot in. So like Chelsea at the weekend I see Moura and Bergwjn ahead of him because they are defensively much better.

Bale will be fine. He is not going to be the world class player he was a few years ago, but he is an asset.

The way he is playing I dont think Jose will ever trust him in a big game.

He doesnt work hard enough when we dont have the ball. He seems to jog around and hardly puts a foot in. So like Chelsea at the weekend I see Moura and Bergwjn ahead of him because they are defensively much better.
Maybe the Madrid fans weren't just being entitled cunts for the sake of it, or at least not entirely

He has not been an asset and I'm not sure he will be fine. He is starting to look the embodiment of a player that should be in China. They say never go back well perhaps he shouldn't have. Loved him but he has to do way more.
TELEMMGLPICT000243488665_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqM37qcIWR9CtrqmiMdQVx7Lwc7NZBTVIn54iSS111FGU.jpeg

Tell that to Brighton fans.

:mourhandlaugh:

I really liked Bale´s movement that ended in a failed assist to Sonny. Not only because he "wasn´t selfish", but because of his run. Fast, precise, from the right, in behind their last defensive line - with the ball perfectly controlled.

That´s what we want.

I really liked Bale´s movement that ended in a failed assist to Sonny. Not only because he "wasn´t selfish", but because of his run. Fast, precise, from the right, in behind their last defensive line - with the ball perfectly controlled.

That´s what we want.
What’s holding him back from making runs like that 5-6 times a game though? I’m ok with him being an older slower player, but he shows his pace sometimes and it’s frustrating that he doesn’t use it more often.

Id honestly rather him get tired or injured while busting a gut to score for spurs than the shadow of himself we’re currently getting.

I find it hard to believe that he isn’t already fully fit, this is the best we are going to get it seems. . .

Back
Top Bottom