Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally I never wanted Bale back because I feared this exact scenario. Nostalgia is a worse drug than heroin.
Maybe better to say that wishful thinking is the worst drug. So many people in the world just want to wish some bullshit into existence even as the reality is constantly fucking them raw.

Can't even get a game against Sheffield United.
After seeing him in 4-5 cameos and a couple of starts in the Europa, is it time to send him back?
The legs have gone, the desire doesn't seem to be there.

What a damp squib his signing has turned into, I was realistic entering into it that we wouldn't be getting the player we sold to Madrid, but I wasn't expecting him to be this far gone.
I thought he would offer us something.
I don’t think there’s a break clause in the deal so we’ve got him for the season.

I wasn't around for Bale's best years so I don't have the nostalgia other fans have. Since day 1 this has been my worry, we bring him in on big wages and he is a Welsh Lucas.

For that wages he's on, he needs to go, we seek enough from bale, i hope we sign gedson and give him some chance, vinicius still ain't good enough, why not try to pry callum wilson

Bale please leave, I was expecting bale to spray some passes, have a haircut, have every shots on target

For that wages he's on, he needs to go, we seek enough from bale, i hope we sign gedson and give him some chance, vinicius still ain't good enough, why not try to pry callum wilson

Bale please leave, I was expecting bale to spray some passes, have a haircut, have every shots on target

Sign Gedson who has been terrible in every game he has played no matter what the level but Vinicius who has produced every chance he has been given ain't good enough???

The only issue with Vinicius is that he hasn't been given enough chances. I don't think he should be starting PL games, but with Kane that isn't a problem, but he has shown he is more than good enough to start and play 90 in early round Cup and EL games, that he is good enough that we can rest Kane in those games and that he can come on late in game in the PL and contribute.

Is what Jose said supposed to be considered a threat?

To me it sounds like an honest question.
What if it wasn't Bale but Reguilon what with the talk about RM triggering his clause (oo-err).

Disclaimer: I have no idea how all this clause stuff works and don't really care. Can RM just summon him back even if he doesn't want to go?

Disclaimer: I have no idea how all this clause stuff works and don't really care. Can RM just summon him back even if he doesn't want to go?
The final word is always on the player in those situations. At least I assume so.

But logically, if this was a convo with Sergio then surely they would be having it in Spanish, not English.

Anyone who seriously sees this as a "threat" is soft. He's obviously just giving him shit and trying to motivate him. Just like when Jose called out Dele in the doc, each player needs to be motivated in different ways. Reminding Bale that Madrid is his parent club should motivate him to get his shit together.

I am so disappointed in this bloke. Not necessarily surprised but what has he given us?

Does he even care?

Cavani and Fernandes seem to have more desire to do well for a club that theoretically means nothing to them.

What if it wasn't Bale but Reguilon what with the talk about RM triggering his clause (oo-err).

Real would rather summon covid back than bale let’s be honest

A bit off topic, but what ever happened to the youth player that was Bale's spitting image? Can't even remember his name so can't Google him.

Kenny McEvoy, he was released a few years ago I think. Not sure what happened with him after that.

Why not start him against Wycombe? He needs game time and plenty of it to find any sort of level.

Training is just that. Training. Any player needs minutes in match conditions to get fully sharp. How many league games has Bale started? 1 or 2 i think. He will never be match ready if you never start him.

I think managers like Jose use this bullshit about training when they don't want to pick a player because he doesn't play with the tactical or defensive discipline they require.

It's funny how it's always Bale, Dele, Tanguy who have to earn their place in training i.e the creative, offensive players . We never hear this crap about Sissoko or Winks do we? I suppose they are shit in training as well because they're not starting games currently.

A bit off topic, but what ever happened to the youth player that was Bale's spitting image? Can't even remember his name so can't Google him.
Kenny McEvoy MBE , he left football to join Starfleet Command in their never ending quest of deep space exploration, research , peacekeeping, defense & diplomacy.

He’s currently on Nova-class U.S.S. Equinox doing scientific research at the edge of the Bajoran wormhole close to the Planet Bajor

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom