Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

motm tonight imo. lovely to see him bursting past defenders again.

my god if we can have this bale for the run in!! we got a huge chance of a good season

rusty passes and shots but that will come with game time. the main thing is he played with intent and looked hungry

90 minutes in his legs. Still a lot of football to play this season. Hopefully he stays fit, because if he does, he's still super smart and creative in and around the box and we sorely need that.

Still behind Bergwijn.

But today's performance has put him above Lucas and Lamela. Think we may see him off the bench against Liverpool.

I still think the problem is more in his head and less with his body.

Seemed more up for it today than in the past, and it showed.

If he can continue in this direction, we would have at least a super sub and potentially a starter.

Literally not a single smile today, which I think was a very good sign.

People were criticizing him for missing chances in the first half, but Bale was playing seriously. I´m not saying he didn´t play seriously in other games, but today he was playing like he would be angry if he didn´t impact the game and help the team to win.

And, even though Bale won´t be the major talking point now after the match - simply because Ndombele stole the whole show in the last quarter of the game -, he played really well in the second half too, before Winks scored our second goal.

Jose told him that if he wants playing time, now is the time to start performing at his best possible level. Bale is not there yet, but he played like he was serious about taking his chance.

Really pleased with him tonight. Looked positive on the ball and continued to find himself in good positions, finishing a little rusty and obviously not match sharp but more promising.

Did enough to earn himself some minutes off the bench in the league. If him and Ndombele can start chipping in with goals from midfield that can be a massive help for us

I am looking forward to seeing him play more. It is hard for any player to get in form without enough minutes.
the intent he showed today had to have impressed jose. probably the best thing to come from tonight was bales attitude. would be like a new mega signing this deep into the season if he can keep that intent up because we all know the quality is there, its just a little rusty at the moment but the rust will get brushed off with game time

Bale was back today, imo. We're not getting pre-Madrid Bale...and that's fair enough, he ain't 21 any more. But he played well today, and showed some class. Sort that finishing out and we've got a real player back with us.

Also, I got his name on the back of my new spurs shirt so he better fucking keep it going!

Back
Top Bottom