Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How often did we actually give him the ball? We even made Harry Kane look like Cenk Tosun for most of the game.

Whoever we select our midfield as a whole is still nowhere near what it should be. We need a creative player - Tanguy isn't that guy. Nowhere near consistent enough.

You'll never make Bale look good in a game where you surrender all notions of attacking play or control of the game. Not his fault that Mourinho served up the usual 'sit in our penalty box and hoof it up field' tactics.

Kane took an age to look something like the player he is. Son wasn't in the game before he went off... Cleary it was the tactics today that caused our downfall. It's 100% on Mourinho.

Kane took an age to look something like the player he is. Son wasn't in the game before he went off... Cleary it was the tactics today that caused our downfall. It's 100% on Mourinho.
Spot on.

Kane could have been hooked with Bale.

It was only when the players were given license to attack Kane came alive.

His performance was extremely disappointing, it’s all well and good looking class against shite teams who are too scared to press us but when Woolwich made us suffer, dominated the ball and attacked the game he disappeared.

Doherty needed help against Tierney and Gareth never gave him any. He cannot complain about being hooked early. Sissoko didn’t do anything special but he stabilised our right side defensively. Bale was just walking around waiting for the ball to come to him rather than doing what Lamela and Lucas did and actually get stuck in.

His performance was extremely disappointing, it’s all well and good looking class against shite teams who are too scared to press us but when Woolwich made us suffer, dominated the ball and attacked the game he disappeared.

Doherty needed help against Tierney and Gareth never gave him any. He cannot complain about being hooked early. Sissoko didn’t do anything special but he stabilised our right side defensively. Bale was just walking around waiting for the ball to come to him rather than doing what Lamela and Lucas did and actually get stuck in.

No he didn't and he took away any ability we had to attack from the right side or move the ball through the midfield.

Our RB shouldn't need the level of help defensively that we seem to always "require" under Jose.

Bale wasn't great today, but he was better than Sissoko and at least offers the chance at doing something great, with Sissoko we get a low level of play with zero upside.

I think that it is clear that while the quality is still there the physical ability/fitness is not. It works against the lesser teams because he can coast a bit more, but against the better teams, Woolwich being on the very fringe levels of that group, it can be a concern because he can't get away with the same level of coasting.

Seeing his passing, intelligence and attacking ability I think it might make sense to try him at the 10 role that Lucas has been playing at because he won't be required to cover as much ground because taking him out hurts our ability to attack which is not ideal.

Ther wrong thing is te approach to the game, not the players. Playing Kane, Bale, Moura and Son doesn't mean we are attacking if they are asked to defend. We all know the plan today was to play that shite low block and kick the ball long upfront and pray for one of our players do a miracle.

Have you guys forgoet about City? Bale was our best player against the best team on the league, but he came in a stage we didn't need just to park the bus. Give the guy the support he needs and he will succeed, he's still a great player, but he will not track back or mark like Berwijn or Moura.

Interesting to see what happens with Bale.

For me he isn't suited to playing big teams. Doesn't have the work rate and goes missing.
Looks good against smaller teams but the more energetic Lamela/Moura/Bergwijn probably better in the big games.

Idk if he was being punished againt Villa - Awful againt Woolwich , one of the better ones against Dinamo (when he came on). Let's see if he starts against Newcastle a team he should excel against.

Interesting to see what happens with Bale.

For me he isn't suited to playing big teams. Doesn't have the work rate and goes missing.
Looks good against smaller teams but the more energetic Lamela/Moura/Bergwijn probably better in the big games.

Idk if he was being punished againt Villa - Awful againt Woolwich , one of the better ones against Dinamo (when he came on). Let's see if he starts against Newcastle a team he should excel against.
Can only be played against poor teams who will drop off and where we will dominate the ball.

He would have struggled against Villa in the way we set up.

Can only be played against poor teams who will drop off and where we will dominate the ball.

He would have struggled against Villa in the way we set up.
Yep and even more if Grealish had played.
Need someone to track back.

That's why I think against top half teams he probably doesn't start. Sad but I guess that's the way it is. Seems like a luxury player.

Yep and even more if Grealish had played.
Need someone to track back.

That's why I think against top half teams he probably doesn't start. Sad but I guess that's the way it is. Seems like a luxury player.
If we want to play him I'd probably move the CAM most likely Lucas to his position and Bale into CAM.

The way he can pass , shoot and dribble means Bale can play equally as well from central positions (look at his last season for us before RM)

You fuckers are really up when we do well and really down when we do poorly. No in between.

bale had a very good run of games - like 5-6 in a row. He was “back”. He has one bad game and he is shit.

get checked for bipolar disorder. Please.

Back
Top Bottom