Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho on Bale​

"I want to keep the momentum going but I need to manage him. The communication is very good and I think he trusts me. In this moment we are deciding together what to do. The other day during the match I found Andre Marriner the fourth official was finding it because we were talking so much. I was asking "10 minutes more? 20 minutes?". He's playing very well. The relationship with him is very good I think and of course I would like him to play 90 minutes in every game but he can't."
And people try to slate Jose for not playing Bale more.

They obviously have a good relationship and Bale was probably the one saying "I'm not ready to do 90 mins".

159158667_10158229308028505_5736349282150505061_o.jpg

159491478_10158229308203505_3013526365638472488_o.jpg

He is clearly on form. Instantly when he came on yesterday he made that cross with the outside of the boot.

He really needs to take it out on the Woolwich at the weekend. Kane has 11 goals and is the top scorer in this fixture. 2nd is Adebayor with 10 who scored for both teams, third is Pires with 8 goals. on 4th place is BALE with Van Persie and Henry. We need him to score a hat-trick to make top 3..These are Premier League numbers. Bobby Smith for instance, has 10 goals too.

He is clearly on form. Instantly when he came on yesterday he made that cross with the outside of the boot.

He really needs to take it out on the Woolwich at the weekend. Kane has 11 goals and is the top scorer in this fixture. 2nd is Adebayor with 10 who scored for both teams, third is Pires with 8 goals. on 4th place is BALE with Van Persie and Henry. We need him to score a hat-trick to make top 3..These are Premier League numbers. Bobby Smith for instance, has 10 goals too.

I've just re-watched the highlights and that cross was disgusting.

To have the confidence and sheer ability to pull something like that off within 30 seconds of being on the pitch is mind-blowing. He really is absolute class.

I think he of all people will be well up for Sunday.

To have the confidence and sheer ability to pull something like that off within 30 seconds of being on the pitch is mind-blowing. He really is absolute class.

I do wish our front 4 will burn on all cylinders. Lucas running through the middle, opening space for Bale, Son und Kane. Run at them, scare them, smash them!

I woke up thinking about that cross, just absurd level of technical skill. Overused term, but he really is a joy to watch.

Is it just me, or is he looking leaner than he did in the autumn half of the season?

Maybe shedding some of the extra mass has benefited him.

You just have to watch a complilation of his goals before he left to see how damn good he was and that player is never coming back. Watched it yesterday, he was unplayable, but any shades of that even at 50% and i'm happy, and there's where i see him currently, so there's a little more to come imo.

for me it was far easier to cross with the right foot, so why has he and others not been coached to be able to do simple wrong foot crossing, passing , shooting
its a basic skill/confidents element that coaches should do

All players will be up for it. Difference is, when Bale and Kane are at 100% they are world class and unstoppable

You just have to watch a complilation of his goals before he left to see how damn good he was and that player is never coming back. Watched it yesterday, he was unplayable, but any shades of that even at 50% and i'm happy, and there's where i see him currently, so there's a little more to come imo.
He’s improved in other areas though (even if the physicality has waned). Key is getting him the ball in the final third

for me it was far easier to cross with the right foot, so why has he and others not been coached to be able to do simple wrong foot crossing, passing , shooting
its a basic skill/confidents element that coaches should do

you could clean your teeth with the brush in your non dominant hand, couldn't you?
But I bet you dont.

I'm also sure he's scored, crossed and passed with his right boot before.

Back
Top Bottom