Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He didnt.. he just said the most professional answer
i don't know anymore about him , he knows Zidane dislike him so much , so the only choice for him is remain is to stay with us and in order to do so he must gain mourinho favour by doing everything he asked on the pitch
and don't tell me Mourinho is going to get sacked, it won't happen as long as he is still on good term with levy

I doubt that last part is true but I appreciate it anyway. Thanks mate. I adore Italian and miss speaking it. The grammar, pronunciation and spelling are all remarkably simple, elegant and consistent for an English speaker, especially compared to our Frankenstein's monster of a language.

If anyone is interested in learning a second language and English is your first, I strongly recommend Italian. This is a big claim but I would actually say that it might be the closest language to English -- or at least the one that's easiest to switch to from English.

Ah, I'm a neutral too, so I get it. That's why I was interested. :) (But I'm a complete neutral in that I don't support any club at all, only my national team)

Allora che cosa andando storto alla Juventus quest'anno? Non io visto tanto Serie A. (Is "alla Juventus" the correct form btw?)
The form "at Juventus" can be fine.
🙂 Certainly there are demerits of the company, errors that have accumulated. Even a bit of bad luck: Dybala, best of last year, was always injured. We will see what measures will be taken.

I doubt that last part is true but I appreciate it anyway. Thanks mate. I adore Italian and miss speaking it. The grammar, pronunciation and spelling are all remarkably simple, elegant and consistent for an English speaker, especially compared to our Frankenstein's monster of a language.

If anyone is interested in learning a second language and English is your first, I strongly recommend Italian. This is a big claim but I would actually say that it might be the closest language to English -- or at least the one that's easiest to switch to from English.

Ah, I'm a neutral too, so I get it. That's why I was interested. :) (But I'm a complete neutral in that I don't support any club at all, only my national team)

Allora che cosa andando storto alla Juventus quest'anno? Non io visto tanto Serie A. (Is "alla Juventus" the correct form btw?)

Italian is pretty similar to Spanish which in turn is pretty similar to Portugese, whilst Spanish/Italian has a lot in common with Romanian - all easiest compared in writing as spoken there are big differences even between say Spanish as spoke in Madrid and Spanish spoken in Latin America.

Believe me, I've been a (bad) Spanish speaker but read documents written in Italian.

All those languages based upon latin with regular verbs, and relatively easy to learn due to the regularity of its verbs.

English (my mother tongue) has many roots including viking, French, Saxon (English closest language is probably Friesian, one of which language come from islands off Netherlands ). And in turn that gives it 'richness' with words from differing roots giving similar but different meanings in common roots .... and sadly many 'irregular' verbs. But with a number of words with different roots a much larger vocabulary than most languages.

So its a language which is easy to speak 'not well' but understandable to English speakers , although not easy to speak 'perfectly' ..... and of course there is the complication that English in USA , Australia and elsewhere have their own versions of English - more so than Spanish in say Mexico where the standard way to answer a phone is to say 'Bueno' ('good') but otherwise Spanish is pronounced differently to Madrid Spanish but generally is the same.

If you want to speak a 2nd language, Spanish is better (due to Latin America and southern USA), but if you want to go to other parts of the world, other languages may be better ...but English is pretty much a world language

i don't know anymore about him , he knows Zidane dislike him so much , so the only choice for him is remain is to stay with us and in order to do so he must gain mourinho favour by doing everything he asked on the pitch
and don't tell me Mourinho is going to get sacked, it won't happen as long as he is still on good term with levy
He gave the same answer that any player out on loan gives.

I'm not telling you anything about Mourinho getting sacked mate....

Here are my thoughts.

Good for games against the weaker opponents but when he is required to have some form of work rate he just flatters to decieve.

I'd probably bring him back in essenence he's only gonna start half our games a season because half the other teams require much more workrate from the RW.

Here are my thoughts.

Good for games against the weaker opponents but when he is required to have some form of work rate he just flatters to decieve.

I'd probably bring him back in essenence he's only gonna start half our games a season because half the other teams require much more workrate from the RW.
Don’t play him RW then, play him in the final third with no defensive responsibilities- not possible in some games for sure but vs Newcastle for example? Let him roam

Don’t play him RW then, play him in the final third with no defensive responsibilities- not possible in some games for sure but vs Newcastle for example? Let him roam
Yep that's what I was trying to say.
Suitable for some games but not for other bigger games.

Maybe yeah in bigger games he should be at 10 so he doesn't have to run up and down the pitch.
Maybe he plays the Son role just in front of Kane so it could be like a 4-4-2 with Son out wide and Bale up front with Kane. I think his role from RW should be adapted in bigger games. It will make him play better.

No player in the PL can be allowed to have no defensive responsibilities, not against any opponent. Every player has to work hard without the ball, there are no exceptions. You start compromising on that and we will see more matches like Dinamo, where players don’t take the game seriously. Harry Kane sets the standard and if Bale doesn’t want to match it then he can sit on the bench instead.

Being allowed to roam is not the same as having no defensive responsibility. Kane roams around all over the place but when we lose the ball, he gets stuck in. You watch Man City and you‘ll see every single player running their knackers off when they lose the ball.

No player in the PL can be allowed to have no defensive responsibilities, not against any opponent. Every player has to work hard without the ball, there are no exceptions. You start compromising on that and we will see more matches like Dinamo, where players don’t take the game seriously. Harry Kane sets the standard and if Bale doesn’t want to match it then he can sit on the bench instead.

Being allowed to roam is not the same as having no defensive responsibility. Kane roams around all over the place but when we lose the ball, he gets stuck in. You watch Man City and you‘ll see every single player running their knackers off when they lose the ball.
Agree that’s just working hard as opposed to having a defined defensive role as a right midfielder in a 451.... not advocating he just ambles about

Italian is pretty similar to Spanish which in turn is pretty similar to Portugese, whilst Spanish/Italian has a lot in common with Romanian - all easiest compared in writing as spoken there are big differences even between say Spanish as spoke in Madrid and Spanish spoken in Latin America.

Believe me, I've been a (bad) Spanish speaker but read documents written in Italian.

All those languages based upon latin with regular verbs, and relatively easy to learn due to the regularity of its verbs.

English (my mother tongue) has many roots including viking, French, Saxon (English closest language is probably Friesian, one of which language come from islands off Netherlands ). And in turn that gives it 'richness' with words from differing roots giving similar but different meanings in common roots .... and sadly many 'irregular' verbs. But with a number of words with different roots a much larger vocabulary than most languages.

So its a language which is easy to speak 'not well' but understandable to English speakers , although not easy to speak 'perfectly' ..... and of course there is the complication that English in USA , Australia and elsewhere have their own versions of English - more so than Spanish in say Mexico where the standard way to answer a phone is to say 'Bueno' ('good') but otherwise Spanish is pronounced differently to Madrid Spanish but generally is the same.

If you want to speak a 2nd language, Spanish is better (due to Latin America and southern USA), but if you want to go to other parts of the world, other languages may be better ...but English is pretty much a world language
I've only just seen this. But it's an interesting and detailed post that warrants a proper response. I'm still sleepy so I'll reply a bit later. :)

He looked disinterested when he came on for the free kick. Chewing gum, lack of focus - sky’d it well over the bar. Surprised no-one else really picked up on his body language as it really was a don’t give a fuck moment. IMO up there with Adebayor’s penalty miss after ET in europe one year to see us go out (I think to Basel) - the one where he pranced up with a short run up kicking his heels to the back of his thighs only to also send it into orbit over the bar.

His loan signing in retrospect of course epitomizes so much of what is wrong with the club.

Not sure whether it is us or those we bring in but we are not building capability.

A fundamental aspect for sustained improvement.

Back
Top Bottom