Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doesn't surprise me. Got that feeling on Sunday from his interview. He doesn't trust his body anymore and clearly isn't really in love with football. He's won everythng and doesn't meed anymore money so why carry on.

Agreed. That he’s already saying he knows what his future will be makes it very clear it won’t be a return to Tottenham. We don’t even have a manager who could approve him coming back.

Agreed. That he’s already saying he knows what his future will be makes it very clear it won’t be a return to Tottenham. We don’t even have a manager who could approve him coming back.
Yea i dont know how people came to the conclusion after his interview that he was staying. Clearly the opposite. His family stayed in Madrid and he came to us to get fit for the Euro's. He might sit out his contract at Madrid for the bunce, he might call it a day but he won't be back with us.

Our last manager didn't approve the Bale deal either. It was clearly a Levy decision, whether Jose wanted him or not didn't matter a jot,

It's clear to me that he's staying for another season and Zidane is going to be our manager.
:baleshock:

Seriously though I don't think his "chaos" comment is a huge thing. He was probably just referring to the constant questions from the media regarding whatever he decides. This way he says I'll announce after the euros and he doesn't have to answer any of those questions now.

It's clear to me that he's staying for another season and Zidane is going to be our manager.
:baleshock:

Seriously though I don't think his "chaos" comment is a huge thing. He was probably just referring to the constant questions from the media regarding whatever he decides. This way he says I'll announce after the euros and he doesn't have to answer any of those questions now.
Are we sure he didn't say 'a course'?

I think he is just playing the media...
He wants Madrid to think he is coming back to see out the last year.

Best scenario for him is to be paid out in full for the year and to move on.

It may have already been mentioned before on here but does anyone have this odd feeling that he may retire from football after the euros? This is obviously based on nothing whatsoever and is probably way off, but something about his comment that he knows what he is going to do but it will cause chaos if he said it now...like he's going to try and make it in golf or something 😂

Farfetched I know. Hope it doesn't happen.

The crazy thing is.....Bale, playing every game with the attitude of a friendly kick around in the park. Laughing and joking with opposition players and only training 2 days a week.

Aside from Kane, He was still our best player - and one of the best in the EPL.

Imagine what Bale could have been if he gave 100%!

When you look at the goals he scored at the tail end of the season you can imagine that he could do very well for us another season.

I hope we can convince him coming back for one more season and retire after the fans have seen more for a full season. Would be great for him and for the fans.

I can't see why he'd come here to get fit for the Euros and then retire so close to a World Cup, surely that's the logical moment to go out in a blaze of glory?

I know there's no guarantee that Wales even get there, but seeing as he has a contract for another year I'd have thought it makes sense to wait and see.

However, retiring after the Euros fits pretty well with his cryptic.

World Cup qualifiers will be done by November (albeit the tournament another year away...stellar work, FIFA), I wonder how that would affect his thinking.

Back
Top Bottom