Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we ignore the financial burden I can't see many negatives to having him back in the squad. A hugely skillful, experienced goal scorer who knows what winning feels like. Knows the club. Loved by the fans. As has been said, so long as he doesn't block progress too much and Conte is happy to have him then I would LOVE to see Gareth back in a Lilywhite shirt again.
Zero chance Conte would want a player with Bale's attitude playing for us.

Club trained: Kane, Winks, Tanganga, Whiteman, CCV, Skipp

We need at least 4 club trained players in the Squad.

Whiteman, CCV will likely go.

Tanganga, Winks - one of them likely to go for sure; even if on loan.
______

So, if you had to pick 2 of Tangaga, Winks, Bale for your squad - which 2 would you choose? (of course, I am ignoring salary - but we are mega rich now!)

If Bale wants to bust his balls in a Conte boot camp to help wales to WC or helicopter his dick around the stadium for shits n giggles -I reckon he’d be a great signing.
Just catching up here but
Great atmosphere
Want Bale to rip it up wherever he goes.

Re Bale - I doubt he’ll make any kind of decision on his career until after the wales playoff game.

If they qualify he’ll want to play somewhere to keep fitness up.

If they don’t, I reckon he’ll either get a bumper MLS kind of deal or he’ll retire.

This thread really needs to die :D

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

You could, ya know, just not post in it? Who are you, the forum police?!

Just stick the thread on ignore then you don't have to participate in it ;)

And there you are policing my post in your reply you massive hypocritical walloper

You could just stick me on ignore and keep it moving, wouldn't do much for your internet points cred though would it ;)

And there you are policing my post in your reply you massive hypocritical walloper

You could just stick me on ignore and keep it moving, wouldn't do much for your internet points cred though would it ;)

Not policing. Stating a fact.

I'm not the one trying to get threads closed because I don't like the topic, am I, you massive poopooface orcwhalefucker.

:adethumbup:

You can stop trying to enter a battle of wits with me now, because I have a policy of not going into combat against unarmed men.

:dwi:

Not policing. Stating a fact.

I'm not the one trying to get threads closed because I don't like the topic, am I, you massive poopooface orcwhalefucker.

:adethumbup:

You can stop trying to enter a battle of wits with me now, because I have a policy of not going into combat against unarmed men.

:dwi:

That's an interesting way of looking at things but if that's what you took from it maybe your lack of basic comprehension which is the problem here... :cautious:

What attitude trait in particular do you think Conte would discount him on?
He’s not going to be willing to run up and down the pitch like a mad man that Conte expects of his players. We tried the Bale experiment last season and it was largely a disappointment. He will be a couple years older now next season…

We don’t need players that are going to half ass it it. No more Dele, GLCs and Ndombeles. Need players that are fully committed and hungry to win.

Last edited:
He’s not going to be willing to run up and down the pitch like a mad man that Conte expects of his players. We tried the Bale experiment last season and it was largely a disappointment. He will be a couple years older now next season…

We don’t need players that are going to half ass it it. No more Dele, GLCs and Ndombeles. Need players that are fully committed and hungry to win.
Agreed he's not in the run till you puke category. However, as someone who can unlock a stubborn defence in the last 20 minutes of a game then there are few people who would be available to us that would do a better job. So while he may not be a nailed on starter (he definitely wouldn't) he would certainly bring an alternative to those that would be starters in particular situations.

Bale played 7 minutes in the Champions League this season. Seven. Minutes.

He is heading for the football glue factory ie MLS, Turkey or the Middle East. He is not capable of reaching the level we require at this point. He’s done. If he hadn’t previously played for this club we wouldn’t even be talking about it. I doubt any important teams would even consider him.

Back
Top Bottom