Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stop talking bollox - just for once

Haven't you got a bin to fuck off back to? Nonce.

Then again, you think Winks has no technical ability, Modric was done at the top level and now you think Bale, who hasn't scored 26 goals in a season since he left us, has had a better season since.

God, what a shit poster and a waste of oxygen you really are.

Now go ahead and press the disagree button like the predictable little cunt you are. That's a good boy.

and now you think Bale, who hasn't scored 26 goals in a season since he left us, has had a better season since..
LOL

Since Bale left us he's achieved the following

La Liga x1
Copa del Rey x1
Spanish Super cup x1
Champions League - x4
Super Cup - x3
FIFA World Cup -x3

101 goals in 223 games total (better ratio in the league than Benzema too)

Yeah, you're right - he never had a better season that with AVB, I'm sure he looks back on that 5th place and wishes he never left

LMFAO

LOL

Since Bale left us he's achieved the following

La Liga x1
Copa del Rey x1
Spanish Super cup x1
Champions League - x4
Super Cup - x3
FIFA World Cup -x3

101 goals in 223 games total (better ratio in the league than Benzema too)

Yeah, you're right - he never had a better season that with AVB, I'm sure he looks back on that 5th place and wishes he never left

LMFAO

Where did I say he'd look back and wish he never left? Bale doesn't and has never given a fuck about our club.

Thanks for posting trophy statistics that the team he played for had won. I guess that means Kane will probably never have a better season in his career than Jamie Vardy, how embarrassing.

Or can you provide me with BALE stats that show he's had a better single season than when he scored 26 goals in all competitions for us back in 2013.

I'll wait.

Safe.

Where did I say he'd look back and wish he never left? Bale doesn't and has never given a fuck about our club.

Thanks for posting trophy statistics that the team he played for had won. I guess that means Kane will probably never have a better season in his career than Jamie Vardy, how embarrassing.

Or can you provide me with BALE stats that show he's had a better single season than when he scored 26 goals in all competitions for us back in 2013.

I'll wait.

Safe.
Jamie Vardy?

Dear, oh dear - another stats fangirl. I guess Bale had better XG at Real or something. Clueless

Jamie Vardy?

Dear, oh dear - another stats fangirl. I guess Bale had better XG at Real or something. Clueless

Are you fucking dumb on purpose?

Actually don't answer that. You might have trouble.

I see you couldn't post Bale stats that's prove he's had a better individual season since he left us. How predictable.

I think he would be half the great player he was when he left and he will be 30 in the summer and is very injury-prone nowadays, probably even more so in the Premier League.

But we will never know.

I think we must be the only club in the country who have fans that don't want a player because he costs too much. Bizarre.
60million or 200million, I couldn't give a fuckety fuck. It ain' my money. And I'd love to see Bale ripping it up for us again. As would fans of every other top 6 club
So in your fantasy land I'd also say YES to Messi. But in the world of realism I tend to live in, if we paid between 60-200m. It'd mean we sign no-one else for a long while and he probably ends up playing less games than someone who's less injury prone.

I think he would be half the great player he was when he left and he will be 30 in the summer and is very injury-prone nowadays, probably even more so in the Premier League.

But we will never know.

He's missed 74 games through injury since he signed for Madrid. That's 2 games away from missing two full seasons.

I love the dream of Bale coming back and being the explosive player we saw at the Lane, taking games by the scruff of the neck and winning them for us and taking us to league and cup glory. But it's best that stays there. As a dream.

He isn't that player anymore. He's older. He's far more injury prone than he was when he was with us and he'd be in a team who probably have had more muscle related injuries than any other team in the league over the last 5 years.

Won't even mention the wages. That's not to say I wouldn't want him over Lamela or Lucas. But let's be realistic.

He's missed 74 games through injury since he signed for Madrid. That's 2 games away from missing two full seasons.

I love the dream of Bale coming back and being the explosive player we saw at the Lane, taking games by the scruff of the neck and winning them for us and taking us to league and cup glory. But it's best that stays there. As a dream.

He isn't that player anymore. He's older. He's far more injury prone than he was when he was with us and he'd be in a team who probably have had more muscle related injuries than any other team in the league over the last 5 years.

Won't even mention the wages. That's not to say I wouldn't want him over Lamela or Lucas. But let's be realistic.

Also you would have to add how hungry would he be? He barely looks up for any Madrid game he would just see it as doing us a favour like he clearly did last time, that won’t sit well with anyone

Also you would have to add how hungry would he be? He barely looks up for any Madrid game he would just see it as doing us a favour like he clearly did last time, that won’t sit well with anyone

Agreed.

It's why it's best to remember him as he was and how good he was for us and his meteoric rise from Redknapp through to AVB. No need to tarnish those memories.

This reminds me of "think of the shirt sales" from a few years back when we were allegedly going to sign Beckham for the American closed season(he was seen training with us).
We are better than that now IMHO.

Beckham did look good in a Spurs woolly hate though,it has to be said...

Last edited:
I was waiting for this thread, and am pleased to see most people agree with me that he shouldn't come back. Don't get me wrong, he was the best player I have ever seen in a Spurs shirt. The problem is that he would effect the balance of the squad. Anyway, we couldn't afford to buy him, and we certainly couldn't afford to pay him.

Back
Top Bottom